FHP understaffed by 180 troopers - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Actually, the job is NOT getting done. The interstate system in Florida is a complete shit show with the majority of vehicles impeding the passing lanes, big trucks in all lanes despite signs prohibiting their left lane occupancy, vehicles exceeding the maximum posted speed limit to the point that it gives the Daytona 500 a run for its money. Vehicles routinely ignore the move over law. Let's not forget the drivers that occupy the shoulder routinely passing others, cutting and weaving on and off the ramps. The FHP area of responsibility which is state roads (to include interstates) is the wild west. The few troopers out are working minor crashes the counties don't/won't take. If you see a trooper on the interstate, it's a miracle. It is literally a free for all out here. Most of these folks drive/eat/text and have next to no real skills or knowledge of the roadways, barreling over 90MPH in all lanes times a million drivers. Yep, you are really missing the point here. The job is not being done at all. Just ask the family of the recently retired paramedic from Sarasota. He was killed stopping as a good Samaritan for a drunk stopped in the middle of the highway. His vehicle was plowed by another driver going way too fast for conditions. That's one of a bunch. Florida needs to take control of the shit driving. Imagine what it would do for insurance rates alone?
    Of course the job isn't getting done because troopers are constantly leaving FHP in droves because after they reach their two-year contract, they realize they can get paid more by switching to blue or green.

Unregistered

Exclamation Chances of Getting hired

Hello,
    Recently I received a conditional offer of employment from FHP to be a trooper. The reason I'am on here is because I had a few things to say so I know how my chances are stacking up. First of all, I'am 19 going on 20 in June, I have about 20 college credits and I'am in good shape. The only thing is that I have been terminated from about 5 places. Now before it seems like I'am doomed, 4 out of the 5 places were only Summer jobs. Due to the fact that I'am the son of a single father, i used to have a difficult schedule in high school. With that being said, I was very respectful with every boss I've ever had and none of them would say one bad thing about me. I have had about 4 traffic infractions which have all been reduced to parking tickets. I've only smoked marijuana about 3 times in my life (last time being my sophomore year of highschool) I have drank about 2 times, in front of my father, at home, and with his permission. I was suspended from school once my sophomore year for a verbal altercation with a kid for sticking up for my friends who were bullied.

I apologize for the short story, but i just wanted to explain myself

Anything helps, thanks.

Unregistered
    My apologies for the constant posting, just nervous and looking for advice thank you all for your time and feedback

Unregistered
    My apologies for the constant posting, just nervous and looking for advice thank you all for your time and feedback
    Reach out to your Recruiter. Finding answers on this MB, is not a smart choice.

Unregistered

Would you quit spamming every single topic.
    They've all been answered already. I seriously doubt you'll get that call though

Unregistered
    It all goes back to democratic governor walking Lawton Chiles. He put the screws to us and the FHP has never recovered. He's the reason there is no step plan and never will be. The FHP is running because of new recruits fresh out of the academy. The state wants you to get experience then leave, saves them lots of money in the long run and it's the same with all state jobs. If you think your working for an organization that gives two shits about you think again. They could care less if you make a career out of FHP but they would prefer you quit and go somewhere else.
    I don't understand, what did he do exactly to FHP?

Unregistered

Correct and Incorrect

Nobody cares. NOBODY.

The job is getting done.
    Yes, nobody cares and No the job isn't getting done. FHP is not able to to what's required. We do about 50% of what's needed and we do it as half assed as we can get away with. But, nobody cares anyway.

Unregistered
    Yes, nobody cares and No the job isn't getting done. FHP is not able to to what's required. We do about 50% of what's needed and we do it as half assed as we can get away with. But, nobody cares anyway.
    No one cares until someone gets killed

Unregistered

Cool

No one cares until someone gets killed
    And then it gets plenty of attention and manpower. :-)

Unregistered
    I don't understand, what did he do exactly to FHP?
    He ended the step plan for raises and their never coming back. Only raise we saw for 8 years was when he was looking to get re-elected. He was a real POSSIBILITY OF for governor.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast