Because you can, doesnt mean you should
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Because you can, doesnt mean you should

Your the Sheriff of Pasco Co. Loud bangs and noises with people entering your house at 4am. The Feds are serving a search warrant on you and told nobody. Naturally, you are unaware of anything so it has to be a home invasion and you start blasting away. Whoops, its Law Enforcement with a Search Warrant. Just wondering why for a charge of practicing medicine without a license, you did a dynamic SWAT entry on a sitting Mayor at 4am? Seems like it would have been much safer and more prudent to just to sit on his house and catch him when he left for work in the morning. It would have been daylight, he would have seen who you were, and it would have been much safer for him and your deps. Dynamic SWAT entries have their place, but this incident does not seem to meet that threshold

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Your the Sheriff of Pasco Co. Loud bangs and noises with people entering your house at 4am. The Feds are serving a search warrant on you and told nobody. Naturally, you are unaware of anything so it has to be a home invasion and you start blasting away. Whoops, its Law Enforcement with a Search Warrant. Just wondering why for a charge of practicing medicine without a license, you did a dynamic SWAT entry on a sitting Mayor at 4am? Seems like it would have been much safer and more prudent to just to sit on his house and catch him when he left for work in the morning. It would have been daylight, he would have seen who you were, and it would have been much safer for him and your deps. Dynamic SWAT entries have their place, but this incident does not seem to meet that threshold
    I think it would help you understand the response better if you knew the background of the subject, his history, his previous interactions with LE and the intelligence held on him.

Unregistered
    I'm just a citizen and I know that there was information that he was armed and that he had stated that he would not go back to jail. Plus, his neighbors heard the sheriff's office announce themselves that morning, so there's really no excuse for him to say he didn't hear them.

Unregistered
    I think it would help you understand the response better if you knew the background of the subject, his history, his previous interactions with LE and the intelligence held on him.
    Oh yes its much better to make a forced entry where someone can get killed or encounter a booby trap than to snatch him in a car stop with multiple units while hes seated in broad daylight. Sure makes perfect sense. Where do they get you people? Oh right Pasco.

Unregistered
    I'm just a citizen and I know that there was information that he was armed and that he had stated that he would not go back to jail. Plus, his neighbors heard the sheriff's office announce themselves that morning, so there's really no excuse for him to say he didn't hear them.
    Maybe hes hard of hearing or sleeps with ear plugs or maybe he was genuinely afraid. Lete me ask you a question if you were going to invade a home and needed to break in would you yell Trick or Treat or its me Santa or yell Sheriff's Office hoping to overcome any resistance? Take a minute and think that over.

Unregistered
    Armed, okay, doesnt want to go back to jail, okay. A public official, that can be easily located away from the house, on your terms, and taken back to his house for search warrant execution is a far cry from a dangerous felon thats wanted for murder, or other violent crimes that would justify SWAT. This really smells like a heavy handed play for a PR release by a Sheriff who relishes talking tough on TV sound bites. What is disturbing is that the Sheriff put his people at risk, when it could have been handled in a much safer way. Tell me I am wrong?

Unregistered
    Go back to New York Papola

Unregistered
    The never ending joke that is Pasco just keeps on a givin.

Unregistered
    It will quite possibly be in future Nocster commercials and touted as a major victory because someone managed to locate the right house. One cant be too hard on em because they managed to arrest at least one criminal....maybe.

Unregistered
    One of the funniest things Ive ever heard. Everybody is going to be held accountable. Lets start on Little Road

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast