Not a micromanager

Unregistered

Not a micromanager

When anyone states "The last thing I'm here to do is micromanage" you can be 100% sure that is exactly what they are going to do. Just ask anyone in CID. The Major is in his office running victims and offenders on DAVID and Premier One and Mugshots then telling the lieutenants and detectives what information he's gathered. Meanwhile Colina is busy getting his campaign going for commissioner. When will the madness stop

Unregistered
    Your still hurting from past elections. To bad live with it. No one is going anywhere for a long time.

Unregistered

Honest truth!!!!

There 3 types of supervisors
    - The one who S U C K S D I C K AND micromanage his people to get some gain out of it.
    - The one who is organized and just want shit done the right way. To be out of sight out of mind.
    - The zero that all of a sudden is tremendo cop and demand organization so he can go somewhere.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    - The one who S U C K S D I C K AND micromanage his people to get some gain out of it.
    - The one who is organized and just want shit done the right way. To be out of sight out of mind.
    - The zero that all of a sudden is tremendo cop and demand organization so he can go somewhere.
    You, my friend are 100% correct!!!

Unregistered
    Funny how they forget the middle one in line supervision.

Unregistered
    Nahhhh in my case I dIDNT forget ,is just sad how the use the people in probation to pass their BS..... and put pressure on people.

Unregistered
    This all occurs because we allow it to i respect those who stand up for their guys or for what they believe is right. Being a follower in any department is easy, but being a leader is even harder, and being a good leader which people respect and follow is extremely difficult.

Unregistered
    This all occurs because we allow it to i respect those who stand up for their guys or for what they believe is right. Being a follower in any department is easy, but being a leader is even harder, and being a good leader which people respect and follow is extremely difficult.
    Nicely said, but standing up to some of these leaders is career suicide. They don't want or expected to be questioned by others, especially of equal or lower rank.

Unregistered
    When anyone states "The last thing I'm here to do is micromanage" you can be 100% sure that is exactly what they are going to do. Just ask anyone in CID. The Major is in his office running victims and offenders on DAVID and Premier One and Mugshots then telling the lieutenants and detectives what information he's gathered. Meanwhile Colina is busy getting his campaign going for commissioner. When will the madness stop
    I can't answer for anyone else, just myself. At first I did a little micromanage. To see where the team fit and who the leaders and those that were the followers. No clashes, that weren't worked out. Even without pissing on eachother legs. We all need to get a feel for eachothers style's and habits. Know your strong points and especially the weak ones. The latter, you try to build on, so all are up on the same page. Mistakes will happen but in out line of work, we can't afford to make them, cause people get hurt or an innocent heads to lockup, careers destroyed. I don't want super cops, I want people that can follow orders and if they disagree, explain why. Stats are for the insecure supervisor's, in these type of units. I rather arrest half of what these other units are jumping at but have ALL of ours solid, no room for a plea. I'm sure with this attituded, I won't last long but while here, well do the best we can with what we have to work with.

Unregistered
    Every department has their **** supervisors but at the end of the day it’s what we the troops allow them to get away with. Everyone knows the game so just stand for what is right and you should not have any problems in your career. Yes you may get stuck on mids or some other shitty schedule, but everyone will respect you.