Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RIP Dan Hinton

Unregistered

RIP Dan Hinton

Attorney General Ashley Moody News Release
    February 19, 2019
    Phone: (850) 245-0150
    Print Icon Print Version

Attorney General Moody’s Statement on the Loss of Florida Highway Patrol Master Sergeant Daniel Hinton

TALLAHASSEE, Fla.—Attorney General Ashley Moody issued the following statement regarding the passing of Florida Highway Patrol Master Sergeant Daniel Hinton. Sgt. Hinton suffered cardiac arrest today during a training exercise and later passed away:

“I am deeply saddened by the news that Florida Highway Patrol Master Sergeant Daniel Hinton passed away today. Sgt. Hinton served Floridians honorably and bravely for more than three decades. Please keep his family, friends and colleagues at the Florida Highway Patrol in your prayers.”

Unregistered
    RIP Bubba. Prayers for your family.

Unregistered
    Rest In Peace, Sir. Thoughts and Prayers to Sgt. Hinton’s family and the FHP.

Unregistered

Rip

RIP, Sir. 30+ years dedicated to FHP and the people of Florida. You will be missed.

Unregistered

Rest in heaven

Sgt. Hinton thank you for always treating me kindly. You will be missed.

Unregistered
    RIP sir. Thank you for your service

Unregistered

RIP Msgt Hinton

He was a damn good leader and a damn good person. Sad to hear this news.

Unregistered

Dan truly was "the man"

For those of you who never "knew" Dan, you missed an exceptionally fine man. Dan spent many years representing his fellow troopers vis FAST, but he really made his mark on the Felony Team in Troop F. Many years ago at a DEA training event, Dan and his dog Bishop found drugs in a seized vehicle that the DEA had been using for demonstrations, unaware they had not discovered the hidden compartment. Embarrassing for them, just another day for Dan. Probably his most endearing quality was that he appreciated those who did a good job, and didn't mind telling you. Dispatcher, radio tech, clerk, or Major, he had a way of rewarding you with his friendship. I will miss that. There is no one you would rather see roll up as your backup when danger visited. Many join FHP believing their reputation will be enhanced. Dan was one of the rare few whose career enhanced the reputation of FHP. I know one thing for certain. He got through those "Pearly Gates". If for no other reason that the Devil knows if he didn't, Dan and Bishop would have that mess called Hell cleaned up in a matter of weeks. Rest in Peace Dan, I am glad I had the privilege to know you.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    For those of you who never "knew" Dan, you missed an exceptionally fine man. Dan spent many years representing his fellow troopers vis FAST, but he really made his mark on the Felony Team in Troop F. Many years ago at a DEA training event, Dan and his dog Bishop found drugs in a seized vehicle that the DEA had been using for demonstrations, unaware they had not discovered the hidden compartment. Embarrassing for them, just another day for Dan. Probably his most endearing quality was that he appreciated those who did a good job, and didn't mind telling you. Dispatcher, radio tech, clerk, or Major, he had a way of rewarding you with his friendship. I will miss that. There is no one you would rather see roll up as your backup when danger visited. Many join FHP believing their reputation will be enhanced. Dan was one of the rare few whose career enhanced the reputation of FHP. I know one thing for certain. He got through those "Pearly Gates". If for no other reason that the Devil knows if he didn't, Dan and Bishop would have that mess called Hell cleaned up in a matter of weeks. Rest in Peace Dan, I am glad I had the privilege to know you.
    Powerful. Well said.

Unregistered
    Dan was the example of what rookies hope to become when they join any LEO agency. He was a wealth of knowledge and made himself available to anyone and everyone. This agency will miss him personally and professionally.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast