Antenna - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Antenna

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Who the F thought it was a good idea to have a foot long antenna on a 8 inch radio? If you wear it in your outer vest its sticks you in your face and if you wear it on your belt it sticks in your armpit... Genius...
    It's all fun and games till someone loses an eye.

Unregistered
    If they'd let me, I'd put a foot long antenna on my shoulder mic too. But it probably wouldn't do anything to help these POS radios.

Unregistered
    Why do cell phones work with internal antennas? Because they have in essence repeaters through out the county. That ls what is needed. Not 1970's long ass antennas

Unregistered
    I heard we will be getting 6 foot antenna’s to wear on our backs.

Discuss

Unregistered

Broward County is a Joke!!!

I heard we will be getting 6 foot antenna’s to wear on our backs.

Discuss
    This is true, they are going to start issuing the old Army surplus backpack radios for everybody to wear. The county is buying them for a dollar from the military. They say the six foot whip antenna, along with the 60lb radio will be the best and cheapest fix. We should have them in the next 10 - 15 years. As always, Broward County follows they never lead.

Unregistered
    This is true, they are going to start issuing the old Army surplus backpack radios for everybody to wear. The county is buying them for a dollar from the military. They say the six foot whip antenna, along with the 60lb radio will be the best and cheapest fix. We should have them in the next 10 - 15 years. As always, Broward County follows they never lead.
    There's probably a free app on line to turn your cellphone into a two way radio. That would be the cheapest fix.

Unregistered
    It is the correct antenna for maximum reception/ trasmition. As long as people use the small antennas and not the proper equipment the county will always blame the sheriffs office for lack of radio communication because we were not using the correct antennas for maximum performance. It may not look pretty but there is a reason behind it
    Motorola issued the radios with smaller antennas. These antennas are designed specifically for that radio. I would think that the manufacturer would know best whether the radio could work with a smaller antenna or not this is just a smoke screen to hide the counties incompetence and a subpar system. I've been using the little antenna for several years and have had no issues with it, I repeat no issues.

Unregistered
    So, I'm no detective, but what does the length of the antenna have to do with the system supposedly crashing during the MSD incident? Apparently the system couldn't handle the amount of traffic it was getting. So, if that's the case, that tells me the smaller antennas were working, the system just couldn't handle the volume of traffic. The county has has no clue what they are doing and Motorola is just milking them for more money. We have known for years that someone in the county has their hands in the Motorola pocket......all at our expense!

Unregistered
    Maybe the new radio system is like the interim report writer we had for 12 years. The county has no ideal what they are doing controlling the communications system.
    This! You have no idea how true this statement is.

Unregistered
    If the antenna was the fix, then why do I still have problems in buildings, or in the southern or Western part of the county? The new antenna was a BS fix for a problem everybody has known about for years. The current communications system is $hit and needs to be replaced. We also need more repeaters, the problem is that cost money, money apparently that the county doesn't think is a good investment. Why would they their lives aren't on the line.
    Booom real talk right here

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast