FDLE Special Agent pros vs cons
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unregistered

FDLE Special Agent pros vs cons

I’m a local LEO who is looking for some insight on FDLE. In my agency I’ve been stuck on patrol due to the friends and family group getting into the detective bureau. I’m looking into the feds, but I’m not too happy about the mobility agreement and picking up and packing every two years or so. What are some I honest opinions on FDLE. I know money isn’t the best.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I’m a local LEO who is looking for some insight on FDLE. In my agency I’ve been stuck on patrol due to the friends and family group getting into the detective bureau. I’m looking into the feds, but I’m not too happy about the mobility agreement and picking up and packing every guy two years or so. What are some I honest opinions on FDLE. I know money isn’t the best.
    Absolutely the best part-time job you will ever have!

Unregistered
    Absolutely the best part-time job you will ever have!
    Detectives can work anywhere from 30 to 60 cases per month, depending on the agency. But FDLE agents only work about 3 cases per month, thus allowing you to do some high quality work. At least that's the theory. To make money, you have to promote.

Unregistered
    I’m a local LEO who is looking for some insight on FDLE. In my agency I’ve been stuck on patrol due to the friends and family group getting into the detective bureau. I’m looking into the feds, but I’m not too happy about the mobility agreement and picking up and packing every two years or so. What are some I honest opinions on FDLE. I know money isn’t the best.
    At FDLE you will be exposed to "MOAB", Mother of all Bullshit when it comes to promotion, hiring, and day to day investigations. If you think what you are seeing at your Agency is bad, it's probably worse at FDLE. Just read through the posts on these forums.

Also, you mentioned you are stuck on patrol, and FDLE looks to hire experienced Detectives, not road deputies... so that will go against you.

Honestly, I'd be looking at another Agency that paid better that wasn't FDLE if I were you.

Unregistered
    Yeah that a low case load, here average detective has about 20-40. Also even if I go get into the DB at my agency being a property detective isn’t all that exciting. I was halfway through the process with the Secret service but I withdraw aftering hearing how much traveling is involved and how unstable your life could be.

Unregistered
    Go apply at state alcohol and tobacco. Best kept law enforcement secret in the state.

Unregistered
    Go apply at state alcohol and tobacco. Best kept law enforcement secret in the state.
    The absolute worst FDLE Agents are the retards that used to be Florida Alcohol and Tobacco Agents.. it breeds low class employees, worse that Trainees. Overconfident arrogance is the worse kind of person to work with.

Unregistered
    The absolute worst FDLE Agents are the retards that used to be Florida Alcohol and Tobacco Agents.. it breeds low class employees, worse that Trainees. Overconfident arrogance is the worse kind of person to work with.
    Absolutely correct. That is why we dumped them on your fourth tier agency. Not good enough to stay at ABT but a great fit at FDLE.

Unregistered
    You used the “R” word and then wrote this at a 5th grade level. That’s pretty ironic. I bet your investigative reports are comical.

Unregistered
    You used the “R” word and then wrote this at a 5th grade level. That’s pretty ironic. I bet your investigative reports are comical.
    Looks like ethnic writing to me, you some kind of racist?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast