Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Training

Unregistered

Training

Thanks guys. So far so good.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Thanks guys. So far so good.
    Training hasn't changed, people are still being mandated to attend Sheriff Isreal's pet Social Justice Warrior classes like C.I.T. Until those go away and training realizes that rolling around in the mud for three hours in Markham Park does nothing to train Deputies and is nothing more then a show. If training can't figure out you either have heart or you don't and no amount of training will change that we will just be going in circles. So far Robson is turning out to be Schultz 2.0. When John Kelly ran training we got useful training for things we do every day such as legal, courtroom testimony, firearms, report writing etc. When the BSO training division finally comes to the realization that training shouldn't be based on what they want but what the Deputies their training need and want nothing will ever change.

Unregistered
    Training hasn't changed, people are still being mandated to attend Sheriff Isreal's pet Social Justice Warrior classes like C.I.T. Until those go away and training realizes that rolling around in the mud for three hours in Markham Park does nothing to train Deputies and is nothing more then a show. If training can't figure out you either have heart or you don't and no amount of training will change that we will just be going in circles. So far Robson is turning out to be Schultz 2.0. When John Kelly ran training we got useful training for things we do every day such as legal, courtroom testimony, firearms, report writing etc. When the BSO training division finally comes to the realization that training shouldn't be based on what they want but what the Deputies their training need and want nothing will ever change.
    Not that the new guys have had time. But the fact that we are still out shooting in that mosquito ridden swamp is telling. Im not aware of any comparable sized agency that doesn't have some type of indoor facility. We could have signed an agreement with any number of large private ranges in the county to shoot at. Markham is counter productive to progressive firearm training.

Unregistered
    Not that the new guys have had time. But the fact that we are still out shooting in that mosquito ridden swamp is telling. Im not aware of any comparable sized agency that doesn't have some type of indoor facility. We could have signed an agreement with any number of large private ranges in the county to shoot at. Markham is counter productive to progressive firearm training.
    Oh no! Mosquitos!!!! Run ....

Unregistered
    Another expert speaks.

Unregistered
    Another expert speaks.
    Really are you one? Most of the people in training right now have less then 10 years on some less then 5 teaching Deputies with 25, how exactly does that work?? If you dont like what I said please feel free to correct me but last time I looked the SWAT Commander still has us going to touchy feely C.I.T. which is nothing more then a liberal propaganda class whose only is focus is teach cops how terribly racist and unprofessional they are. Then you go to this ridiculous so called defensive tatics class which seems to some extent to preach the opposite. How about training pick a direction and go with it. You can't train us to be Social Justice Warriors one day and then tell us we have to kick butt and take names the next. That's a lack of leadership, a training divisions job is to give the employees the training that is required and when that's done the training they would like. Its not an ego trip for the guy on top because he's meathead SWAT guy and beleives if he can do everyone else can to. Its that mentality that why no one wants to come to training anymore and hasn't for the past 6 years.

Unregistered
    Another expert speaks.
    Really are you one, what's your resume look like, how much time do you have on? I agree with the original poster how can you send people to C.I.T which is was developed by Social Justice Warrior liberals where they preach that cops are to violent and use violence unnecessarily and then the next week send them to defensive tatics? What's the agencies focus and which road is the training division going down? Conflicting training like that makes Police Officers hesitate which can lead to cops dying. The Deputies in training do a great job, but the people at the top in training could care less about whether the people they are training like to come to training or dread it. They clearly focus the classes around their personal beliefs and egos and not what the Deputies feel they have deficiencies in or what skills they like would to improve. Have you read a report or seen Deputies people testify in court around lately?? Some are great some are frightening. Training is supposed to be aboout working on improving your skills by giving those being trained new tools to add to their tool box. All we apparently can come up with around here are Defensive Tatics, the same basic shooting classes, an occasional ridiculous driving class and then repeat. How often are we involved in shootings or have to spend three hours rolling around on the ground and we can't chase anyone so the driving class is a complete mystery? Do we have to be prepared of course, should it be the only thing we train for, definitely not. Training should be educational, fun and at times challenging, ours is just miserable and has been for years.
    If you really want to make it better ask the Deputies what they want or feel they need, that would be certainly be a nice change!

Unregistered
    We need to practice shooting in a climate controlled building. Are you kidding me, we didn't go into the school building and you want a indoor range . We need to up our game first.

Unregistered

Expert is right on

Another expert speaks.
    Nothing changes when a new sheriff takes over at first including training. Robson is open to suggestions and if you all request more training similar to what Sgt. Kelly did including the vehicle ambush shooting scenario s, Robson would bring that back in some form.
    Steve, go buy the red plastic blanks .38 cal and use the revolvers that blast a flame and explosion as loud as the real .357. Now do some ass kicking routine domestic calls, robbery alarm calls, and traffic stops. Let the troops see what it feels like to see a muzzle blast and gunfire close up with no warning. Try it at night too. Get some bro. Joe H
    says hi.

Unregistered
    Got my ass kicked in training today. Learned a lot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast