LCSO Deputy has a alleged history of Dog Abuse
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

LCSO Deputy has a alleged history of Dog Abuse

Former Deputy Yerk sued Virginia-based PETA in August 2009, contending he agreed to corroborate a tip that Deputy Sgt. Travis Jelly had been seen by several deputies repeatedly kicking and punching his K9 dog and suspending him by a leash, but only after PETA promised confidentiality.
    Yerk s allegation were pretty alarming and Jelly dog was eventually removed. Under Carmine s command Jelly was given back a K 9 .

Jurors were told deputies are not allowed to lie to Internal Affairs investigators.

Jelly, veteran, is still on the force and testified this week, minimizing what PETA had been told and denying he'd abused any dogs. He'd also denied abusing his dog, Blade, to internal affairs investigators, saying he was only "angry" that Blade had ignored his orders, bared his teeth and growled.

Jelly, who was a dog trainer, denied striking or hitting him, but admitted rolling on top of the dog to control him and jerking his neck up with his leash. He told investigators the dog didn't always obey him and had bitten his children.

Other deputies told internal affairs investigators they'd seen Jelly act inappropriately with the dog, slam him to the ground, causing Blade to yelp, and jerk his neck up by the leash. But they agreed it didn't rise to the level of criminal animal abuse under state law.

So your opinion

Unregistered
    The Sheriff gave him a K 9 and I never heard Of this. Wow this changes everything about being the savior of all dogs

Unregistered
    OMG this is terrible. I hope this is not true that this man has another dog. I will make calls now

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The Sheriff gave him a K 9 and I never heard Of this. Wow this changes everything about being the savior of all dogs
    This was years ago under Mike Scott. Old news.

Unregistered
    If I was Jim Levines I would make this a campaign issue

Unregistered
    I hope the Sheriff takes action and removes him from the K-9 Unit.

Unregistered
    When you sleep with dogs you get fleas an old Travis got a pass because his mom was friends with Mikey

Unregistered
    For the civilians who actually read these threads. I say for the civilians cause unfortunately there are still those cops and former cops who like to bash their fellow brothers and sisters. Anyway. Jelly was never removed from K9 nor had his dog taken away the allegations were investigated to the point the VET whom cared for his dog also had to testify, the allegations were proven FALSE .The allegations were brought up against Jelly by former employees of the sheriffs office which were terminated or quit during IA investigations for lying. In fact Jellys former K9 partner lived a very full happy life under Jelly’s roof and was unfortunately laid to rest at the age of 12. His current partner is also very healthy and happy as well in case you all were curious.

Unregistered
    [QUOTE=Unregistered;3107031]For the civilians who actually read these threads. I say for the civilians cause unfortunately there are still those cops and former cops who like to bash their fellow brothers and sisters. Anyway. Jelly was never removed from K9 nor had his dog taken away the allegations were investigated to the point the VET whom cared for his dog also had to testify, the allegations were proven FALSE .The allegations were brought up against Jelly by former employees of the sheriffs office which were terminated or quit during IA investigations for lying. In fact Jellys former K9 partner lived a very full happy life under Jelly’s roof and was unfortunately laid to rest at the age of 12. His current partner is also very healthy and happy as well in case you all were curious.[/QUOTE

Well, thank you and please let the Sheriff know this will be used against him and his crazy dog policy. Watch Commander, detective and Car 2 responses to all dog or animal incidents. But The Sheriff gives a pass and issues him a new dog to abuse. jelly did mistreat/abuse his dog during training. Read the I A. Several deputies said he abused his dog during training and it just was not criminal.

Unregistered
    For the civilians who actually read these threads. I say for the civilians cause unfortunately there are still those cops and former cops who like to bash their fellow brothers and sisters. Anyway. Jelly was never removed from K9 nor had his dog taken away the allegations were investigated to the point the VET whom cared for his dog also had to testify, the allegations were proven FALSE .The allegations were brought up against Jelly by former employees of the sheriffs office which were terminated or quit during IA investigations for lying. In fact Jellys former K9 partner lived a very full happy life under Jelly’s roof and was unfortunately laid to rest at the age of 12. His current partner is also very healthy and happy as well in case you all were curious.
    If anyone has actually worked with Jelly and knows him, everyone would say he can be a little rough at times but that is only to those that deserve it (I.e. a criminal). Jelly is one of the best K9 handlers this agency has seen and he is extremely passionate for his dogs and his unit. Now move on......

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast