Pottinger struck down and terminated

Unregistered

Pottinger struck down and terminated

Federal courts ruled today to terminate the homeless pottinger law.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Oh boy we’ll get version 2.0 soon

Unregistered
    Now Whortiz can throw all their stuff away again, this is terrible and unjust to the people

Unregistered
    Good, if only we could now process them into "Soylent Green," that would be a Green New Deal we can all champion!
    Imagine, feeding the hungry in the most needy continents.

Unregistered
    Now Whortiz can throw all their stuff away again, this is terrible and unjust to the people
    Become educated idiot it was Kenny Nelson that burned their stuff at the park by the station.

Unregistered
    Good, if only we could now process them into "Soylent Green," that would be a Green New Deal we can all champion!
    Imagine, feeding the hungry in the most needy continents.
    “Soylent green is people!” I just thought you should know there’s still old timers here. These new stupid ass rookies don’t know shit !!!!!!ha!ha!ha! Stay strong retiree!!! I’ll be there one day sooon!!!

Unregistered
    “Soylent green is people!” I just thought you should know there’s still old timers here. These new stupid ass rookies don’t know shit !!!!!!ha!ha!ha! Stay strong retiree!!! I’ll be there one day sooon!!!
    Good to read there are still some with a memory, though 46 years is not that long ago! Soylent Green is a 1973 American "dystopian" thriller film directed by Richard Fleischer and starring Charlton Heston and Leigh Taylor-Young. Edward G.

dystopian as an adjective: relating to or denoting an imagined state or society where there is great suffering or injustice. Sounds like current days, no?

Unregistered
    Where is the ruling anyone care to share?

Unregistered

This is what I was trying to get to regarding the post that was removed by mod.
    When Sgt vehicle drove past all three homeless people in Omni last week, poster stated that with all the taxpayer money
    being pumped into Lotus House and Chapman nearby Omni where this happened....

there was a lot of punch outs from LEO about what there position is.
    One actually wrote that it was not police job to shuffle them to the shelters, and they were also concerned about
    civil right incidents if they would move in a specific direction with them.

I believe a policy MUST be published so that both LEO and taxpayers fully understand how homeless will be handled
    from a public safety standpoint and how LEO will engage for policy.

So, Friday when Pottinger was reversed, a posting was made to Follow up with the Sgt Vehicle to get a clear policy on how to handle this....especially in Omni where it is very evident on the regular loitering spots.

1. School Board property facing biscayne

2. WRLN radio station on adjacent property on NE 15th

3. NE 1st Ave sitting bt NE 15th and 14th

there is also a private property on Biscayne just up from 15th - First Church Scientist with a punched out window on the side whereby homeless crawl in.....but that is not School Board property and a different angle to handle.

Other cities point fingers bt the LEO and Health Dept which duke it out, but it is a public safety matter for taxpayers without question and for the most part it has been cleaned up, but there are some regular lingers that need to be educated to not return, and provided an introduction to the shelters as a place well resourced now---and the importance to stay off the streets... delivery of the message and tone has to be made appropriately and effectively for a win.

Unregistered
    This is what I was trying to get to regarding the post that was removed by mod.
    When Sgt vehicle drove past all three homeless people in Omni last week, poster stated that with all the taxpayer money
    being pumped into Lotus House and Chapman nearby Omni where this happened....

there was a lot of punch outs from LEO about what there position is.
    One actually wrote that it was not police job to shuffle them to the shelters, and they were also concerned about
    civil right incidents if they would move in a specific direction with them.

I believe a policy MUST be published so that both LEO and taxpayers fully understand how homeless will be handled
    from a public safety standpoint and how LEO will engage for policy.

So, Friday when Pottinger was reversed, a posting was made to Follow up with the Sgt Vehicle to get a clear policy on how to handle this....especially in Omni where it is very evident on the regular loitering spots.

1. School Board property facing biscayne

2. WRLN radio station on adjacent property on NE 15th

3. NE 1st Ave sitting bt NE 15th and 14th

there is also a private property on Biscayne just up from 15th - First Church Scientist with a punched out window on the side whereby homeless crawl in.....but that is not School Board property and a different angle to handle.

Other cities point fingers bt the LEO and Health Dept which duke it out, but it is a public safety matter for taxpayers without question and for the most part it has been cleaned up, but there are some regular lingers that need to be educated to not return, and provided an introduction to the shelters as a place well resourced now---and the importance to stay off the streets... delivery of the message and tone has to be made appropriately and effectively for a win.

Are you talking about a mag light to the head or talking to hear yourself talk? Cause most won't be listening.. Homeless I do not do anything about unless I get a call to handle from the dispatcher. The Sgt's can kiss my dago azz, if they think I'm going to round up the homeless and take them to jail. Arresting them is the easy answer everybody wants, so they don't have to look or deal with any. How, about instead of sending billions every years to other countries, spend some here first to deal with the issues. Most of American's are 2 pay checks away from being homeless. Miss your rent and watch how fast, people are understanding to you now. Most homeless have mental issues or they developed them after becoming homeless. Most shelters has limits on how long one can stay or what help they can get. If any!!! The city's a joke when it comes to dealing with this issue. Sure, there is no one solution or answer but the County and city should, forfeit, some of these no tell motels that let ho's and drugs sell and work out of them and work in partnership, with some homeless place to run and have a place to put the ones with children or others that are not drugged out of their minds and have some sort of work program. Yet, that makes some cops job security go away.