Osceola or Orlando
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Osceola or Orlando

I’m in the hiring process and Orlando and Osceola are my top 2. How is Osceola compared to Orlando? Is it just as busy?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I’m in the hiring process and Orlando and Osceola are my top 2. How is Osceola compared to Orlando? Is it just as busy?
    Osceola is busy but nothing like Orange. Osceola is the better pick.

Unregistered
    Osceola would be a lot better of a pick, especially for a new trooper.

Unregistered
    Osceola would be a lot better of a pick, especially for a new trooper.
    Stay away from Troop D, its its an absolute disaster.

Unregistered
    Osceola. Deputies and CSO will work an occasional wreck. Orange Co deputies barely direct traffic for you.

Unregistered
    Osceola. Deputies and CSO will work an occasional wreck. Orange Co deputies barely direct traffic for you.
    That’s right. You should pick your place of assignment based on what other agencies do for you

Unregistered
    Which of the two places would be better for the brand new trooper? Woulnd't that be based on what kind of experience that person could gain? Also, you would want a healthy atmosphere. Both are not particularly great or bad so I wouldn't really factor that in. I sure hope it's not a decision as to where you can hide for your shift or "get the SO to work your crashes". Think back to when you were young and learned the good things and picked up the bad habits. If you could do it all over again, who were your mentors? What situations and environments made you grow the fastest? Everyone knows which settings would make them the most comfortable, but you won't grow if they just give you a belly full of food and tell you to park under an oak tree for 30 years

Unregistered
    Which of the two places would be better for the brand new trooper? Woulnd't that be based on what kind of experience that person could gain? Also, you would want a healthy atmosphere. Both are not particularly great or bad so I wouldn't really factor that in. I sure hope it's not a decision as to where you can hide for your shift or "get the SO to work your crashes". Think back to when you were young and learned the good things and picked up the bad habits. If you could do it all over again, who were your mentors? What situations and environments made you grow the fastest? Everyone knows which settings would make them the most comfortable, but you won't grow if they just give you a belly full of food and tell you to park under an oak tree for 30 years
    Pinellas or Hillsborough, Troop C

Lt. A

Either is a solid choice

Before making a final decision, if you lived close enough, consider Volusia or Seminole. They are in the same troop. You'll have plenty of work and some freedom to do proactive law enforcement activities. We have a positive working relationship with the Sheriffs' Offices and PDs. We have a great auxiliary unit. We have great troopers, investigators and supervisors. There is plenty of overtime available within approved driving distance. We also have a good selection of spare cars. You and/or your classmates are welcome to call and/or email me and ask any questions regarding your career choices. I can provide my cell number via your email.

Take care,

Lt. Asbury - The Deland District

justinasbury@flhsmv.gov

386 736 5350

Unregistered
    Pinellas or Hillsborough, Troop C
    No thank you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast