On a positive note....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

On a positive note....

Let’s try and stay positive on this one. How about we all say who the Sgt’s are that we respect, would want to work for and why. This way maybe all the ones you don’t like will read this and possibly change their ways.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Let’s try and stay positive on this one. How about we all say who the Sgt’s are that we respect, would want to work for and why. This way maybe all the ones you don’t like will read this and possibly change their ways.
    Sigh. Terry, stop posting your ultra-happy let’s all get along and make things better chipper bullshit attitude please. “Hey folks!! Jujitsu will make you all better and safer!! “. Please give it a rest and grow a backbone. Who you “like” isn’t always the best sergeant. And usually they’re the panty waste spineless sergeant who lets you do whatever you want. That sergeant will get you fired. Because they are too scared to tell to stop doing stupid shit. They want to be your friend. They don’t want to make any waves. That sergeant is a joke. But go ahead and gush about your favorite sergeant like a stupid fanboy.

Unregistered

Here we go

Ok so reading comprehension isn’t your strong point. I have no idea who “Terry” is but it’s not me. I clearly say “respect” and “would want to work for”. As far as like, my meaning was clearly who you like working for and why. You don’t have to necessarily like someone to respect them. There are surely strong leaders, specifically Sgt’s, in this agency and there is a reason for that. Perhaps if those traits were outlined here than newer or not as strong leaders could benefit from the examples that are noted here. Way to keep it positive though. Stay safe.

Unregistered
    Sigh. Terry, stop posting your ultra-happy let’s all get along and make things better chipper bullshit attitude please. “Hey folks!! Jujitsu will make you all better and safer!! “. Please give it a rest and grow a backbone. Who you “like” isn’t always the best sergeant. And usually they’re the panty waste spineless sergeant who lets you do whatever you want. That sergeant will get you fired. Because they are too scared to tell to stop doing stupid shit. They want to be your friend. They don’t want to make any waves. That sergeant is a joke. But go ahead and gush about your favorite sergeant like a stupid fanboy.
    Not even one post and PCSO douchbags can't even try and stay positive. No surprise.

Unregistered
    Not even one post and PCSO douchbags can't even try and stay positive. No surprise.
    If you work here you'd know the sergeants, lieutenants, captains, majors. etc. are scared to back anyone up when the SHTF so they forward every decision up the COC or to IAD. This is Bob's micromanagement culture which has everyone scared to make decisions so they pass the buck to protect their own jobs, lest they anger Bob or one of the chief deputies. All this means there are no "good" supervisors to back you up because everyone is for themselves.

Unregistered
    I worked for Street once. I couldn’t take it and moved on. Unfortunately I moved on to Williams and it felt like de ja vu. So I moved on to Horton. I felt like I was in the movie Ground Hog Day. Was that positive? I once worked for Maccubin. That was easy. Do an FIR, maybe stop a car and don’t do anything. Best six months ever.

Unregistered
    Understand this. No one here is your friend. When the order comes down to do you in, it’s over. If there is blood in the water, even the best sergeant has no choice but to do you in. There is no leadership but only loyal butt kissers. They have no choice or they will do them in too.

Unregistered
    I worked for Street once. I couldn’t take it and moved on. Unfortunately I moved on to Williams and it felt like de ja vu. So I moved on to Horton. I felt like I was in the movie Ground Hog Day. Was that positive? I once worked for Maccubin. That was easy. Do an FIR, maybe stop a car and don’t do anything. Best six months ever.
    They are all bad but in different ways.

Unregistered
    How do you get to know who the best Sgt's are, none of them are allowed to be managers of their people. No one asks what they think on matters dealing with the people they supervise. All decisions are made way up the COC by people who dont know you at all. A good Sgt, would spank your little ass if you were out of line without having to be told to do it. A good Sgt would try to handle as much as he could at his level. A good Sgt would try to correct you when you err, without necessarily putting it on paper, a azz chewing that might hurt your feelings to make sure you dont do whatever it is again. A good Sgt is going to know the difference between a working mistake that can be corrected, and that where you are a lazy,incompetent type that needs to be disciplined. A good Sgt needs to have enough experience to be level headed when the sht hits the fan. A good Sgt elicits that voice in the back of your head that whatever shortcut your thinking about wont fly. A good Sgt is a teacher. A good Sgt knows the COC and will try to steer you clear of the pet peeves he knows will invoke their anger towards you. Another words, a good Sgt isnt the most popular, easiest to work for, but then again, your never going to know, they have long since been relegated to conformity instead of leadership.

Unregistered
    How do you get to know who the best Sgt's are, none of them are allowed to be managers of their people. No one asks what they think on matters dealing with the people they supervise. All decisions are made way up the COC by people who dont know you at all. A good Sgt, would spank your little ass if you were out of line without having to be told to do it. A good Sgt would try to handle as much as he could at his level. A good Sgt would try to correct you when you err, without necessarily putting it on paper, a azz chewing that might hurt your feelings to make sure you dont do whatever it is again. A good Sgt is going to know the difference between a working mistake that can be corrected, and that where you are a lazy,incompetent type that needs to be disciplined. A good Sgt needs to have enough experience to be level headed when the sht hits the fan. A good Sgt elicits that voice in the back of your head that whatever shortcut your thinking about wont fly. A good Sgt is a teacher. A good Sgt knows the COC and will try to steer you clear of the pet peeves he knows will invoke their anger towards you. Another words, a good Sgt isnt the most popular, easiest to work for, but then again, your never going to know, they have long since been relegated to conformity instead of leadership.
    Well said. Those days and those people are gone though, and if any of them remained, they wouldn't last long in this administration. They are all scared and only looking out for themselves.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast