Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fop

Unregistered

Fop

Can someone please get a union started?

Unregistered
    Lol why should that happen?

Unregistered
    I agree a Union would be good. We could get Holiday Pay. More than a weeks notice of a pay increase. Guarantee Command Staff doesn't get increases when we don't. Fix court time. The county is so big two hours is not enough. It should be at least three like the city. It takes me 1.5 hours just to drive back and forth and my supervisor doesn't allow for drive time. Equal protection from PRB.

Unregistered
    Lee County thought we needed a union too.. However their performance is way below expectations.

FYI

Unregistered
    Get PBA instead of FOP.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Get PBA instead of FOP.
    Screw both of them, get the teamsters. 😎

Member LEO Affairs Rookie
    Unions have no teeth with a S. O. can't force an elected official into binding arbitration. Would be a waste of dues

Unregistered

You’re Wrong

Quote Originally Posted by no peaky panny View Post
    Unions have no teeth with a S. O. can't force an elected official into binding arbitration. Would be a waste of dues
    SOs must allow collective bargaining. It’s a law. Binding arbitration is a matter of bargaining, and so is just cause. Your leadership will embrace the PBA, because the big dog will want the endorsement of the union as will the county commissioners. The FOP likes to get in bed with management instead of fighting for members. Up north it’s a different story. Let someone know if you want to move on this and we can get you the interest cards. Only need 1/3 to trigger a vote.

Unregistered
    SOs must allow collective bargaining. It’s a law. Binding arbitration is a matter of bargaining, and so is just cause. Your leadership will embrace the PBA, because the big dog will want the endorsement of the union as will the county commissioners. The FOP likes to get in bed with management instead of fighting for members. Up north it’s a different story. Let someone know if you want to move on this and we can get you the interest cards. Only need 1/3 to trigger a vote.

FSS 30.071 DOESN'T. allow deputy sheriffs the right to collective bargaining. Exceptions being Broward, Miami-Dade, Duval, Escambia, & Volusia

Unregistered
    Plus the PBA SUCKS anyway.. They (like most unions) only care about themselves...IF I were to go with a union. ...I'd go with IUPA over PBA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast