Assignment

Thread: Assignment

Unregistered

Assignment

Good evening, I recently spoke with someone from Troop F who said they were understaffed. I’ve started the application process and have prior LE experience in a Florida county. I know I read somewhere that you have to be willing to relocate anywhere in Florida, but how hard is it to get a location of choice, especially if a troop is understaffed? Is there such a thing as assignment of choice?

Thanks for any info!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Good evening, I recently spoke with someone from Troop F who said they were understaffed. I’ve started the application process and have prior LE experience in a Florida county. I know I read somewhere that you have to be willing to relocate anywhere in Florida, but how hard is it to get a location of choice, especially if a troop is understaffed? Is there such a thing as assignment of choice?

Thanks for any info!
    Sorry. You're going to troop f. You'll realize your mistake in due time.

Unregistered
    They prioritize based on where they need you. The good news is that they have a shortage practically everywhere so you have a better chance than before of going where you request because they are short of troopers there too.

Unregistered
    These old timers are going to tell you how it used to be done...you pick your top 3 places you’d want to go and then you’re highly likely to get one of those 3 as everywhere has shortages and could use an extra body on the road.
    The requirement to relocate anywhere in the state should be removed from our requirements, let the applicants begin the process and then if we can’t offer them anywhere they’d be interested in let them decline at that point. I feel as if we are turning people away who read that and don’t want to leave their area away from family unknowing to them that they have openings in their county or the surrounding area and don’t have to relocate.

Unregistered
    If you have prior law enforcement experience you will come as a TRC or transitional, whichs means you pretty much get to pick your assignment unless that assigment is not available or something close by. Best wishes.

Wrong

Wrong

You will know your assignement before you go into the academy. If you want correct information contact your local recruiter.