Remember this

Thread: Remember this

Unregistered

Remember this

To the Men and Women of the Broward Sheriff’s Office:

By way of introduction, my name is Scott Israel, and I am writing this letter to thank each and every one of you for the service you provide to this County, and its approximately 1.8 million residents every day.

Whether you work as a Deputy Sheriff on the road, a Detention Deputy in the jails, a Communications Operator at one of our three emergency 911 centers, a Civilian Employee in one of the many support divisions, or as a supervisor of these fine professionals in any capacity, I salute your individual dedication and loyalty to your agency and the residents you have sworn to protect and serve.

As consummate professionals, it is always understood amongst the ranks that honor and dedication to duty is paramount to the office you hold and to the residents who have entrusted their safety to you. The dignity and respect of this public trust has always been projected by the working men and women of the Broward Sheriff’s Office as a vital part of the communities belief that its protectors will live up to their oaths.

Many of my friends and supporters at the agency have consistently shared how proud they are to serve the public and one another in this most gratifying of professions. However, they have also shared some of the critical aspects of working within the agency that require change. If elected Sheriff, I will make necessary changes that are required to establish a cohesive and productive working environment.

The change I envision cannot be done through oppressive power. That path is doomed for failure. There is a reason why morale is currently at the lowest level ever within the Broward Sheriff’s Office. Change must be imminent. Trying to rule via autocratic edicts is an agency virus. A culture must be established by which everyone is treated with dignity and respect, everyone’s ideas are listened to, and individuals are never told to refrain from voicing opinions that may be construed to be “contrary to what the administration wants to hear”. If elected Sheriff, an environment will be created in which hybrid ideas are encouraged and people are lauded for “thinking outside the box”.

Unfair and unjust treatment of our employees will not be tolerated. Employees can clearly be disciplined when necessary, without being demoralized and labeled for years to come.

If elected Sheriff, I want to go on record as stating that I would never allow any employee to contribute money to a future campaign of mine. I was extremely disappointed to hear that members of command staff held a recent fundraiser for the Sheriff whereby members of the agency were invited to attend via their personal emails. BSO employees began to immediately ponder: what happens if I don’t contribute? Will I remain in my current position? Will I lose out on the next opportunity for promotion? Any practice that allows for individuals to be intimidated into contributing money out of fear of reprisals must be eliminated.

I have been contacted by many individuals and asked if I were going to hire certain individuals and remove other individuals from high ranking positions. Often times specific blogs were cited as the source of information. Any proven leader is going to make changes within an agency. If one is not prepared to make changes, one should allow the current individual to remain at the helm. I assuredly will make some changes and take the agency in a different direction. That has to happen. I have never had any discussions with any individual regarding being invited to join my staff, nor have I ever discussed having a current BSO employee being asked to leave the agency. I am focused on winning an election. Anything you may have heard contrary to this statement is rumor, gossip, or an intentional untruthful statement to purposely mislead you, as a coveted voter. There is an abundance of leadership talent within your agency and I will identify those individuals as we work together to bring change.

I envision bringing a cultural change to an agency in dire need of a new direction. I see an agency where people are transferred and/or promoted based on merit. Who you may know will never be a consideration. The philosophy of “serving the Sheriff” will be obliterated. We will serve our citizens, partner with the community, trust in each other, and enjoy coming to work.

I will look to identify leaders who coach, teach, and mentor to their subordinates rather than tear down and humiliate. There will be fairness and honor.

I have been a successful leader throughout my life. I want to be the next Sheriff of Broward County. I aspire to work with each and every one of you. I will be visible and available, as I have been in the past.

Clearly, my family and I cannot accomplish this endeavor without your support. I hope you'll choose me on Election Day. Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions, comments, or issues you would like to discuss.

Godspeed to all!

Fraternally,

Scott Israel

Unregistered
    There is an abundance of leadership talent within your agency and I will identify those individuals as we work together to bring change.
    Words to live and die by.

Unregistered
    Yeah I remember that. And then it became the friends of friends network. And he never once gave a five percent raise after promising we would get five percent raises every year.

You know if we settle for less than a five percent raise across the board with the new guy, after the recent promotions, I’m starting to think there was no reason to even get rid of Israel. What really changed?

Unqualified people were promoted to undeserved positions, and we still have these cameras hanging off of us. The policies look to be the same. Minus the beard what has changed????

Unregistered

More like die LAUGHING

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    There is an abundance of leadership talent within your agency and I will identify those individuals as we work together to bring change.
    Words to live and die by.

Unregistered
    Wow.....once elected how soon we forget! I really enjoyed the part about not letting employees contribute to or work on his campaign. Then of course came the friends and family employment program. What an F'ing joke! Mr. Israel was a true politician, he lied his azz off to get what he wanted.....that's all he did.

Unregistered

4 more years 4 more years