Actual working Corporals
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Actual working Corporals

Not too many in this place. Give some a title and they forget about where they came from.

Unregistered
    How about the guy in Technical Operations that has failed the promotional exam THREE Times and is still a Cpl.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    How about the guy in Technical Operations that has failed the promotional exam THREE Times and is still a Cpl.
    All based on connections and politics.

I knew a new hire who got to try all kinds of duties because he was personal friends with one of the chiefs. They had dinner together all the time and he bragged about it. He ended up as a bailiff. That's how it works.

Unregistered
    Being Greek can really help as well.

Unregistered

I knew a new hire who got to try all kinds of duties because he was personal friends with one of the chiefs. They had dinner together all the time and he bragged about it. He ended up as a bailiff. That's how it works.
    It’s true. George Steffen (Greek) gives special attention to the Greek deputies. He would personally visit them throughout his day. They get promoted and transferred. Some got preferential treatment during IA’s where they had clearly violated policy and lied.

Unregistered
    You can bet there would not have been a LT TK or a LT CM without that connection.

Unregistered
    Being Greek can really help as well.
    They are both Greek.

Unregistered

Was that the bailiff that started out as a topped out deputy?

Unregistered
    Was that the bailiff that started out as a topped out deputy?
    GM hadn't been here long enough to be topped out.

Unregistered
    GM hadn't been here long enough to be topped out.
    I said started out as a topped out deputy, not been here long enough to be a topped out deputy. If you think that they can’t start someone out at whatever pay grade they want to, you are very naive. I saw the starting pay but just can’t remember his name but pretty sure he was Greek.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast