Loser Scott Israel's Pulpit Thugs vs. The Honorable BSO Sheriff Gregory Tony

Unregistered

Exclamation Loser Scott Israel's Pulpit Thugs vs. The Honorable BSO Sheriff Gregory Tony

It's not the street thugs you have to worry about, Sir, we got those covered. It's the pulpit thugs you are going to have to contend with. It makes me sick watching them pander to the meek they claim to protect while throwing Bible verses around like rocks in glass houses. Please deal with these charlatans like this Rev. Dr. Derrick J. Hughes of First Baptist Church Piney Grove Lauderdale Lakes. They are a disgrace to the "cloth" an are nothing more than a mouthpiece for the frightened, washed-up, power-hungry former Sheriff of Broward who realizes his #Time'sUp. We have your back 100%.

Politics Over Morals

"Rev. Dr. Derrick J. Hughes, First Baptist Church Piney Grove Lauderdale Lakes, Florida

On January 11, 2019, just three days after he was sworn in as governor, Ron DeSantis suspended Broward Sheriff Scott Israel and replaced him with former Coral Springs Police Sergeant Gregory Tony stating “…suffice it to say the massacre might never have happened had Broward had better leadership in the sheriff’s department”.

While the school shooting at Parkland’s Marjory Stoneman Douglas on February 14, 2018, was an unspeakable, heinous act committed by a deeply disturbed young man, I would like to express my deep concern with the suspension of Sheriff Israel.

The Florida Constitution states, “There shall be elect-ed by the electors of each county, for terms of four years, a sheriff”. This is exactly what was done when Broward County residents overwhelmingly voted for Sheriff Israel in November 2016. In fact, he topped his opponent by almost 50 percent!

To Sheriff Israel’s credit, there has been a drop in the crime rate and the reduction of criminal charges for young offenders. He also worked to diversify the agency to be more representative of the communities it serves. From advocating for stricter gun control laws to equipping deputies with body cameras, he has had a solid reputation as sheriff.

“Malfeasance, misfeasance, neglect of duty, drunkenness, incompetence, permanent inability to perform official duties, or commission of a felony” are the only circumstances under which the Florida constitution finds that the governor may suspend officials. I do not believe Sheriff Israel’s handling of the Parkland shooting meets any of the aforementioned reasons.

In addition to Sheriff Israel’s suspension, Gov. DeSantis has publicly stated that he is looking at “options” related to Broward County Schools Superintendent Robert Runcie. On January 30, 2019, he stated, “[The suspension of Robert Runcie] came up during the campaign. I went back and actually looked at the statute and it seems pretty clear to me that the statute applied to county-wide elected officials and that it didn’t apply, on its face, to appointed officials”.

He also indicated he planned to make a decision in the upcoming weeks regarding holding members of the Broward School Board accountable for the school shooting.

The writing is on the wall. It’s clearly a plan to remove current Board members and replace them with the people willing to do his bidding: remove Robert Runcie from office.

Under the Superintendent’s leadership, 96 percent of innovative District schools have earned an “A”, “B”, or “C”. Our community has approved two much-needed referendums within the past four years, which secured funding to provide high-quality education and safe learning environments for our youth. Broward also boasts the 4th lowest administrative costs in the State of Florida, out of 67 districts, meaning more money going back into classrooms. Additionally, tens of millions of dollars have been allocated to improving school safety.

The parents and Parkland community are certainly entitled to answers and steps should be taken to ensure there is never another school shooting; however, the MSD Commission stated that “the PROMISE program is irrelevant, it’s immaterial to what happened on February 14…”. A final report was also consistent with this finding.

The suspension of Sheriff Israel and the threat to suspend School Board members who support Superintendent Runcie would be tantamount to disenfranchisement. This is a democracy and Broward County residents selected those we wish to represent us in public office.

Amos 5:24 says, “But let justice roll down like waters, and righteousness like an ever-flowing stream”.

Gov. DeSantis has a moral obligation to be fair and act righteously to all people, not just those who voted for him. He has a moral obligation to allow Broward County residents’ civil rights to be honored. He has a moral obligation to not seek vengeance or oppress innocent people.

There are disparities in the criminal justice system in Broward and throughout the state that Gov. DeSantis should make among his top priorities instead of pandering to the small segment of Parkland parents and students continuing to push for additional suspensions and terminations.

Minorities in our county are not being treated fairly. How is it that African Americans make up 12.2 percent of the population yet are 4-5 times more likely to be arrested and convicted? There is documented evidence highlighting the lopsided prosecutions of crime under Broward State Attorney Michael Satz. Report after report has chronicled how he has allowed racial profiling and predatory policing to go unchecked.

There is something out of whack with our justice system when Blacks and Browns are being prosecuted at disparaging numbers. It is morally wrong! All leaders – from President Donald Trump to Gov. DeSantis – must execute their jobs in a way that is fair to their base as well as those who oppose their political views.

The arc of the moral university is long but it bends towards justice. The arc doesn’t bend until we stand up and push it towards justice. It will not happen on its own will.

We must step up and speak up and demand that our leaders behave morally and carry out the will of the people.

As Christians, we also have a moral obligation to speak out against injustices. Proverbs 31: 8-9 reminds us, “Open your mouth for the mute, for the rights of all who are destitute. Open your mouth, judge righteously, defend the rights of the poor and needy”.

As citizens of Broward County, we cannot allow politics as usual. We must not allow politics over morals. We must demand morals over politics. Please stand with me to help hold our leaders accountable (2019)."

In the Westside Gazette
    Posted by: Carma Henry
    Posted date: February 06, 2019

Unregistered

What a Joke!!!

Are you kidding right now....of course the crime stats where lower with Mr. Israel in office. He refused to allow deputies to do their job!! Deputies were told in briefings that if they made certain arrest, they would be called downtown and have to answer for it. So in essence Mr. Israel was forcing deputies NOT to uphold violations of FSS.

Then you have the daily policy changes that benefit the thugs along with the promise program and the under reporting of crimes. Crimes that were written as information reports, like the one involving Mr. Israel's son while he was at MSD by a certain SRD.

While Mr. Israel was in charge, deputies did exactly what was expected of them, the reacted instead of being pro-active. They became roving secretaries, just there to take the report after the fact. Mr. Israel said it himself we are not a law enforcement agency and he along with his administration did not want deputies rocking the boat for them. Which is why the use of force, pursuit/failure to yield, and body camera policies were changed.

The former administration run by Mr. Israel pandered to criminals hoping to buy their vote. All they wanted was to make it the required 8 years for the lifetime benefits and extra pension. They DID NOT care about the community nor BSO or its employees!!! It was all about them.

There actions were obviously clear when they didn't fill vacancies within the agency. They would move PCN's from districts and specialty units over to administration so that those salaries could be distributed for another Major, Lt. Colonel, or Colonel position because another one of his friends needed a promotion or recently left FLPD and needed a well paying job! We had more pastors and political/campaign staff on the payroll than ever before; with take home cars. I'm not talking about chump change for salaries either...$65,000 or more a year. All of that money was misappropriated and could have gone to hiring deputies. But apparently it was better spent campaigning for Mr. Israel.

So what idiots like above poster talks about how great the former administration was know the facts, don't be blinded by your salary and take home car. As a Reverend, Pastor or anyone of the cloth you should be more concerned about the people rather than politics!

Unregistered

Thumbs up Scott Isreal & other POS - DR: Hughes, Davidson, Runcie

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Are you kidding right now....of course the crime stats where lower with Mr. Israel in office. He refused to allow deputies to do their job!! Deputies were told in briefings that if they made certain arrest, they would be called downtown and have to answer for it. So in essence Mr. Israel was forcing deputies NOT to uphold violations of FSS.

Then you have the daily policy changes that benefit the thugs along with the promise program and the under reporting of crimes. Crimes that were written as information reports, like the one involving Mr. Israel's son while he was at MSD by a certain SRD.

While Mr. Israel was in charge, deputies did exactly what was expected of them, the reacted instead of being pro-active. They became roving secretaries, just there to take the report after the fact. Mr. Israel said it himself we are not a law enforcement agency and he along with his administration did not want deputies rocking the boat for them. Which is why the use of force, pursuit/failure to yield, and body camera policies were changed.

The former administration run by Mr. Israel pandered to criminals hoping to buy their vote. All they wanted was to make it the required 8 years for the lifetime benefits and extra pension. They DID NOT care about the community nor BSO or its employees!!! It was all about them.

There actions were obviously clear when they didn't fill vacancies within the agency. They would move PCN's from districts and specialty units over to administration so that those salaries could be distributed for another Major, Lt. Colonel, or Colonel position because another one of his friends needed a promotion or recently left FLPD and needed a well paying job! We had more pastors and political/campaign staff on the payroll than ever before; with take home cars. I'm not talking about chump change for salaries either...$65,000 or more a year. All of that money was misappropriated and could have gone to hiring deputies. But apparently it was better spent campaigning for Mr. Israel.

So what idiots like above poster talks about how great the former administration was know the facts, don't be blinded by your salary and take home car. As a Reverend, Pastor or anyone of the cloth you should be more concerned about the people rather than politics!
    https://twitter.com/ScottJIsrael

This reverend of confusion and delusion put this on his own church twitter!

Then (are you ready) civilian POS Scott Israel RETWEETED it on his twitter account!

Mind you X-sheriff Mumbles uses "Broward County Sheriff" to "tweet" this out on twitter on Feb. 6.

His last tweet is right below it and is from Jan. 11, an MSD reference, where he says, "I want to extend once again my sympathies to the families of the Parkland victims. I am filled with sorrow for your loss. My family and I continue to keep you in our prayers."

Yeah, right!

Unregistered

Arrow Scott Israel & his POS Posse: Hughes, Davidson, Runcie

https://twitter.com/ScottJIsrael

This reverend of confusion and delusion put this on his own church twitter!

Then (are you ready) civilian POS Scott Israel RETWEETED it on his twitter account!

Mind you X-sheriff Mumbles uses "Broward County Sheriff" to "tweet" this out on twitter on Feb. 6.

His last tweet is right below it and is from Jan. 11, an MSD reference, where he says, "I want to extend once again my sympathies to the families of the Parkland victims. I am filled with sorrow for your loss. My family and I continue to keep you in our prayers."

Yeah, right!

Unregistered
    These "pastors" "reverends" "devils" aka wolves in sheep's clothing are just bitter because they woke up one morning to see their cars being towed away by a towing company that donated $$$ to Scott Israel, the suspended, soon to be fired, hopefully one day incarcerated, former sheriff of BSO.
    The last donation to his gofundme was SIX days ago. He has collected $380. He should change his mission to talking up a collection for his own psychiatric treatment. Since his MO is to gain sympathy, that's the only avenue that would work. Wonder if he's finding solace hanging out with his peers at the old folks home. Heard they make moccasins and other cool crafts.

Unregistered
    I hope all of you realize you're arguing with Gary crap who never worked a day in his life as a Leo. He is the one who should be in jail for the murder of his daughter. If you don't answer him he will go away like his boy Gilbert ..💩💩

Unregistered
    It's not the street thugs you have to worry about, Sir, we got those covered. It's the pulpit thugs you are going to have to contend with. It makes me sick watching them pander to the meek they claim to protect while throwing Bible verses around like rocks in glass houses. Please deal with these charlatans like this Rev. Dr. Derrick J. Hughes of First Baptist Church Piney Grove Lauderdale Lakes. They are a disgrace to the "cloth" an are nothing more than a mouthpiece for the frightened, washed-up, power-hungry former Sheriff of Broward who realizes his #Time'sUp. We have your back 100%.

Politics Over Morals

"Rev. Dr. Derrick J. Hughes, First Baptist Church Piney Grove Lauderdale Lakes, Florida

On January 11, 2019, just three days after he was sworn in as governor, Ron DeSantis suspended Broward Sheriff Scott Israel and replaced him with former Coral Springs Police Sergeant Gregory Tony stating “…suffice it to say the massacre might never have happened had Broward had better leadership in the sheriff’s department”.

While the school shooting at Parkland’s Marjory Stoneman Douglas on February 14, 2018, was an unspeakable, heinous act committed by a deeply disturbed young man, I would like to express my deep concern with the suspension of Sheriff Israel.

The Florida Constitution states, “There shall be elect-ed by the electors of each county, for terms of four years, a sheriff”. This is exactly what was done when Broward County residents overwhelmingly voted for Sheriff Israel in November 2016. In fact, he topped his opponent by almost 50 percent!

To Sheriff Israel’s credit, there has been a drop in the crime rate and the reduction of criminal charges for young offenders. He also worked to diversify the agency to be more representative of the communities it serves. From advocating for stricter gun control laws to equipping deputies with body cameras, he has had a solid reputation as sheriff.

“Malfeasance, misfeasance, neglect of duty, drunkenness, incompetence, permanent inability to perform official duties, or commission of a felony” are the only circumstances under which the Florida constitution finds that the governor may suspend officials. I do not believe Sheriff Israel’s handling of the Parkland shooting meets any of the aforementioned reasons.

In addition to Sheriff Israel’s suspension, Gov. DeSantis has publicly stated that he is looking at “options” related to Broward County Schools Superintendent Robert Runcie. On January 30, 2019, he stated, “[The suspension of Robert Runcie] came up during the campaign. I went back and actually looked at the statute and it seems pretty clear to me that the statute applied to county-wide elected officials and that it didn’t apply, on its face, to appointed officials”.

He also indicated he planned to make a decision in the upcoming weeks regarding holding members of the Broward School Board accountable for the school shooting.

The writing is on the wall. It’s clearly a plan to remove current Board members and replace them with the people willing to do his bidding: remove Robert Runcie from office.

Under the Superintendent’s leadership, 96 percent of innovative District schools have earned an “A”, “B”, or “C”. Our community has approved two much-needed referendums within the past four years, which secured funding to provide high-quality education and safe learning environments for our youth. Broward also boasts the 4th lowest administrative costs in the State of Florida, out of 67 districts, meaning more money going back into classrooms. Additionally, tens of millions of dollars have been allocated to improving school safety.

The parents and Parkland community are certainly entitled to answers and steps should be taken to ensure there is never another school shooting; however, the MSD Commission stated that “the PROMISE program is irrelevant, it’s immaterial to what happened on February 14…”. A final report was also consistent with this finding.

The suspension of Sheriff Israel and the threat to suspend School Board members who support Superintendent Runcie would be tantamount to disenfranchisement. This is a democracy and Broward County residents selected those we wish to represent us in public office.

Amos 5:24 says, “But let justice roll down like waters, and righteousness like an ever-flowing stream”.

Gov. DeSantis has a moral obligation to be fair and act righteously to all people, not just those who voted for him. He has a moral obligation to allow Broward County residents’ civil rights to be honored. He has a moral obligation to not seek vengeance or oppress innocent people.

There are disparities in the criminal justice system in Broward and throughout the state that Gov. DeSantis should make among his top priorities instead of pandering to the small segment of Parkland parents and students continuing to push for additional suspensions and terminations.

Minorities in our county are not being treated fairly. How is it that African Americans make up 12.2 percent of the population yet are 4-5 times more likely to be arrested and convicted? There is documented evidence highlighting the lopsided prosecutions of crime under Broward State Attorney Michael Satz. Report after report has chronicled how he has allowed racial profiling and predatory policing to go unchecked.

There is something out of whack with our justice system when Blacks and Browns are being prosecuted at disparaging numbers. It is morally wrong! All leaders – from President Donald Trump to Gov. DeSantis – must execute their jobs in a way that is fair to their base as well as those who oppose their political views.

The arc of the moral university is long but it bends towards justice. The arc doesn’t bend until we stand up and push it towards justice. It will not happen on its own will.

We must step up and speak up and demand that our leaders behave morally and carry out the will of the people.

As Christians, we also have a moral obligation to speak out against injustices. Proverbs 31: 8-9 reminds us, “Open your mouth for the mute, for the rights of all who are destitute. Open your mouth, judge righteously, defend the rights of the poor and needy”.

As citizens of Broward County, we cannot allow politics as usual. We must not allow politics over morals. We must demand morals over politics. Please stand with me to help hold our leaders accountable (2019)."

In the Westside Gazette
    Posted by: Carma Henry
    Posted date: February 06, 2019
    What WHITE person wrote this. We all know the moolie didn’t.

Unregistered

A Tyler Perry Production?

What WHITE person wrote this. We all know the moolie didn’t.
    The REVEREND, DOCTOR Huggie-Bear himself! This jackazz doesn't even live here! He can't even VOTE for him!!!

These are 2 of Scott Israel's errand boyz 2 men. LMAO.

Him and his PIC, MR. Doctor, Pastor, Reverend, Bishop, lord and savior of Mount Olive Oil-joining forces with First Baptist Church Piney Grove, Inc. (Inc.???) who the hell "INC.s" their church? O, never-mind...