as MEMORIAL WEEK will be here soon remember

Unregistered

as MEMORIAL WEEK will be here soon remember

Who protects those that protect us? What happens to these individuals that are taken down in the prime of their lives and leave a family behind or have a whole new other lifestyle to adjust to? One of continuous physical pain, mental anguish, and the memory of what was at one time, what life used to be like prior to “that day.” It is out of respect and gratitude to those individuals that risked their lives and lost theirs while performing their job as they were trained, to serve and protect. Two little words, (serve, protect) that have such a powerful message and sometimes tragic consequence is the result. Who knew that those two words (serve, protect) came with just as much of a high price as freedom does?

For a law enforcement officer, leaving active duty can be a difficult time. Whether or not the person freely chooses to leave, medically retires, or just hits that “mark” of retirement, a strong camaraderie among fellow officers has been developed.
    “It’s like I belonged to a big club. I made my mark, I was one of the guys, I did my job. Everyone in the station respects you. Suddenly, all of that is gone and you are on the outside looking in. I felt so different. I called the guys almost everyday to see if they still related to me the same way. I visited the station, wondering what was going on and wanting to be part of the action. Somehow, it wasn’t the same. I wasn’t one of them anymore. It’s hard to explain. I left, but I couldn’t let go of this strong attachment”.
    Upon separation from active law enforcement, officers exposed to trauma will lose ready access to the group and may no longer be able to depend on other officers, the police agency, or police benevolent groups to reinforce a sense of understanding and recognition of their trauma. This is most significant for officers who retire with a disability. While others are in some mode of exit, the disabled officer is immediately “thrown” into a new life and one in which they are often ill-prepared to handle.

REMEMBER THOSE OFFIERS FORGOTTEN. THE ONES INJURED IN THE LINE OF DUTY. THOUGH THEY DID NOT PAY THE ULTIMATE PRICE TO SERVE AND PROTET THEY STILL PAYED A PRICE. And to add insult the City Of Tampa Commercial Risk Management hangs them out to dry on behalf of the city, by denying claims, dragging out claims, case nurse managers whos job is to find a prior injury to say caused the car to run you down, you get the point. This is not limited to Tampa but all over the USA. 16000 US LAW ENFORCEMNT OFFICERS INJURED EACH YEAR.

Visit the wounded blue web site

If you have experienced any issued with workmen's comp in Tampa please respond with I HAVE or I KNOW SOMEONE WHO HAS just to survey the amount the City has forgotten. Oh also will like to hear from the guys who think how lucky these officer are in there disability retirement years. (we all know there's asses that will) so invite them from the start.

Thank you!

PS I'm doing research into injured officers how they are forgotten and the Cities that forgot them. All information will be helpful so if you have something to tell please do so.

Unregistered
    I have This is a routine practice for Commercial Risk

Unregistered

#metoo

I have. The City even refuses to respond to their own attorney related to my comp. claim. leaves one wondering when they refuse to respond to the City of Tampa's attorney what there up to. No fun dealing with them.