A must read for all.

Unregistered

Unregistered
    Wow, great article. The guy that wrote that article wouldn't even have lasted a year here. This place runs on writing up officers. It fuels itself on writing up officers- even with no citizen complaints, or incidents that came out the right way with no problems, but they didn't like how it was done They will seek and find problems with something the officer did wrong. It is the nature of the environment here and it is a very cannibalistic agency that feeds off of nailing the officers. Half of the department sit in the building all day and have nothing more to do than finding the wrongs in what the officers did that day during their tour of duty and get a feather in their cap for finding wrongs. There is no support from the Admin. here and you can expect to get written up on any major incident that occurred on your shift and you were active or got involved in. If you were not out to lunch, you are the lunch here.

Unregistered
    I don't think I've ever sided with the command staff but you're kidding right? Name one person who has been written up that didn't deserve it. I sincerely hope you aren't referring that pursuit lol.

Unregistered
    Did you even read the article posted? They all deserve written up period! for any violation of policy, right?. Not the point and you just don't get it. Some get away with things here and others do not... that is a true sad fact, but that isn't even the point that is trying to be made I do not think. As I read that article and the last post, a pursuit or whatever the incident, why do they still try to find fault in what the officer did working a high stress job? Aren't we all on the same team? Especially when there is no citizen complaint involved and the incident turned out well for the good guys? But yet here, they still try to find some fault in the officer for their actions. A job where not many high liability things even happen..., maybe a few times in your career? But yet, you are scrutinized for what you did wrong on any incident that occurs that you get involved in?.....only at USF PD does this happen.

Unregistered
    Sadly we're disregarding all the great points made in that article so one person on here can complain about accountability. I agree with the other post, I don't know a single person at the department who's been written up unnecessarily. I know a lot of people at other departments who have been. We have a generation of cops who can't be told they've done something wrong without getting butt hurt over it. They expect to get away with everything. We also have a generation of detached command staff members who couldn't lead their way out of a paper bag who make cops feel like everything they do is wrong.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I don't think I've ever sided with the command staff but you're kidding right? Name one person who has been written up that didn't deserve it. I sincerely hope you aren't referring that pursuit lol.
    I sincerely doubt you have ever worked at any other agency besides here, that do not write everyone up of screwing up and are usually talked to first. This Admin is full of the same type of people that have never worked at another agency and knows what police work is about and think anything you did wrong needs a write up. It is really sad the lack of experience here in the Admin. Send them to an expensive FBI course and they then know what they are doing. It doesn't work that way. gah!