New Chief is Major Eileen Powell - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Facts according to whom? How did you verify and vet your information? Just spreading rumors.
    Facts according to anyone with a brain.

So Thomas and Snead were good picks? If you think so, your a dumba$$.
    Its called common sense apparently that does not exist for you.

Unregistered

Really

Orig poster, your still a *****. Look me up when your in Ocala. MT

Unregistered
    Facts according to anyone with a brain.

So Thomas and Snead were good picks? If you think so, your a dumba$$.
    Its called common sense apparently that does not exist for you.
    You have not provided any facts. Your response is to name call and attempt to insult. If I were to use your reasoning, from what I have read, whomever selected you for the Patrol made a bad pick.
    But since I don't know you and do not have all of the facts surrounding your selection, I cannot make that statement. I can say that I disagree with you, that I believe your responses to comments critical of your viewpoint are childish, and that you should stop by Marion County when you have a chance! LOL

Unregistered
    You have not provided any facts. Your response is to name call and attempt to insult. If I were to use your reasoning, from what I have read, whomever selected you for the Patrol made a bad pick.
    But since I don't know you and do not have all of the facts surrounding your selection, I cannot make that statement. I can say that I disagree with you, that I believe your responses to comments critical of your viewpoint are childish, and that you should stop by Marion County when you have a chance! LOL
    Not the above poster you're replying to, but it's well-regarded that those Major selections were misguided. Both resigned under less than optimal circumstances.

Look, anything is better than Brierton and Company who set this department back. I think Spaulding tries to make this a better place to work, and most times he succeeds. There have been, however, some promotions to senior positions that were inexplicable in the opinion of many who have been around a while. Thomas was one, Snead another, Harris (fired as a Troop D Captain, reinstated by PERC, reputation in D was dismal to put it lightly) Gourley (TWC during the I-75 disaster, promoted twice by Spaulding).

There have also been some that were highly regarded, including Chandler in L and Brown to Chief.

Others like Bright to D and Dellapietra to E I don't know enough about.

Unregistered
    [QUOTE=Unregistered;2980125]Not the above poster you're replying to, but it's well-regarded that those Major selections were misguided. Both resigned under less than optimal circumstances.

Look, anything is better than Brierton and Company who set this department back. I think Spaulding tries to make this a better place to work, and most times he succeeds. There have been, however, some promotions to senior positions that were inexplicable in the opinion of many who have been around a while. Thomas was one, Snead another, Harris (fired as a Troop D Captain, reinstated by PERC, reputation in D was dismal to put it lightly) Gourley (TWC during the I-75 disaster, promoted twice by Spaulding).

There have also been some that were highly regarded, including Chandler in L and Brown to Chief.

Others like Bright to D and Dellapietra to E I don't know enough about.[/QUOTE

Correction to above post, Thomas *retired* (abruptly, along with Major Welch, the author of the memo which caused the controversy.)

Unregistered
    MT, you left in the middle of a large $hit storm. I doubt anyone's going to be heading to Ocala to see you. Most if not all, were glad to see you leave.

History lesson can be found at the below link,

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.new.../amp/613622001

Unregistered
    MT, you left in the middle of a large $hit storm. I doubt anyone's going to be heading to Ocala to see you. Most if not all, were glad to see you leave.

History lesson can be found at the below link,

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.new.../amp/613622001
    According to you history link, he took responsibility for his actions. Much bigger man than many people on the patrol. MT is an honorable man. He may curse like a sailor at heart and demand a return on taxpayer dollars, but his honor is/was more than most have.

Unregistered
    Not the above poster you're replying to, but it's well-regarded that those Major selections were misguided. Both resigned under less than optimal circumstances.

Others like Bright to D and Dellapietra to E I don't know enough about.
    You are making your assumptions on who YOU think is worthy. For everyone you mentioned there are those who will make a counter point and refute your assumptions for the good or the bad.
    You may not like appointments made by the Colonel because they don’t fit your narrative, but like said many times before, not your call.

Unregistered
    You are making your assumptions on who YOU think is worthy. For everyone you mentioned there are those who will make a counter point and refute your assumptions for the good or the bad.
    You may not like appointments made by the Colonel because they don’t fit your narrative, but like said many times before, not your call.
    Actually, none of my "assumptions" can be refuted because they're not assumptions. Snead had a slew of issues prior to his appointment (some of which, unsurprisingly we're identical to the ones that ultimately led to his departure), Harris was not respected as a leader at all in D (ask about what happened during Glock Transition Course, among other things) and he was in fact fired for off-duty violations. Gourley was the TWC during the I-75 diaster, (and made the decision not to close the road, also allowed Simmons to be at Perkins eating breakfast as the smoke got worse). These are facts, things that actually occurred.

Also, just for curiosity's sake, do you think Hildreth's appointment to LTC by Brierton was anything other than an unmitigated disaster for this agency? I'm curious to find one person who agreed with that appointment.

Unregistered
    Actually, none of my "assumptions" can be refuted because they're not assumptions. Snead had a slew of issues prior to his appointment (some of which, unsurprisingly we're identical to the ones that ultimately led to his departure), Harris was not respected as a leader at all in D (ask about what happened during Glock Transition Course, among other things) and he was in fact fired for off-duty violations. Gourley was the TWC during the I-75 diaster, (and made the decision not to close the road, also allowed Simmons to be at Perkins eating breakfast as the smoke got worse). These are facts, things that actually occurred.

Also, just for curiosity's sake, do you think Hildreth's appointment to LTC by Brierton was anything other than an unmitigated disaster for this agency? I'm curious to find one person who agreed with that appointment.
    Several things you gave just quoted as fact are not and are truly what you assume. When you decide your facts are all that you need to see; that makes you a fool.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast