Millennials vs Old School Legends
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Millennials vs Old School Legends

I can say after being on 3 years that I am tired of hearing how it use to be. Guess what? It’s not 1980 anymore. If your that miserable then quit!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I can say after being on 3 years that I am tired of hearing how it use to be. Guess what? It’s not 1980 anymore. If your that miserable then quit!
    For these old timers who hate the young ones but post more pics & social media then us. F-ing hypocrisy.

Unregistered
    For these old timers who hate the young ones but post more pics & social media then us. F-ing hypocrisy.
    Go back to FB and tell yourself how grate u r. Old losers.

Unregistered
    It is depressing being a has-been surrounded by never were and never will be's.

Unregistered
    It is depressing being a has-been surrounded by never were and never will be's.
    I have been around our department my whole life! 50 plus years. As long as I can remember, there has been nepotism, cronyism, politics and zeros! Every older group thinks they had it harder than the newer guys and that the department is going down hill. I can't tell you how many guys and gals I have watched burn out over the decades. I have also watched countless batches of rookies come out thinking they walked on water. Then after a few years, burned out. It's a repetitive cycle! I can tell you this, crime is way down from what it was in the 80's-90's and largely because us "OLD GUYS" put a lot of bad guys in jail. Police work has changed, without a doubt. But that doesn't mean you can start being a slug. You have to adapt with the times, if not you become irrelevant!

Unregistered
    Whether old timers put a lot of bad people in prison over the years is irrelevant. But they did. Because as a detective I have put lots of people away, some for life. Guess what the next week there’s a new bunch of thugs to take their place. Crime is down in large part because of social assistance, education opportunities and other programs coupled with crime fighting. Old and new have played a large part in the down turn of crime.

Fact is the new kids couldn’t work in the old ways of doing things and old cops wouldn’t be able to survive in today’s environment.

I have exactly 13 months to go before I call it quits. I’m just trying to hang on.

Unregistered
    Whether old timers put a lot of bad people in prison over the years is irrelevant. But they did. Because as a detective I have put lots of people away, some for life. Guess what the next week there’s a new bunch of thugs to take their place. Crime is down in large part because of social assistance, education opportunities and other programs coupled with crime fighting. Old and new have played a large part in the down turn of crime.

Fact is the new kids couldn’t work in the old ways of doing things and old cops wouldn’t be able to survive in today’s environment.

I have exactly 13 months to go before I call it quits. I’m just trying to hang on.
    The fact you old timers have to always tell us how great you are tell us that u were the biggest slugs on the road or giu. Try to do this job now with cameras and let me know how much more of a pos you would be. Go eat jello!

Unregistered
    "Crime is down in large part because of social assistance, education opportunities and other programs coupled with crime fighting." Old and new have played a large part in the down turn of crime." Now that is FUNNY! "Social assistance and other programs" I can tell your a ZERO! POLICE work put criminals in PRISON! That stopped crime. You sound like a "Hope and Change" chanter!

Unregistered
    Crime is directly down due to mass incarceration !!!

Unregistered
    You guys actually fall for these traps.... Original poster is a troll and nothing more. Let this thread die...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast