You’re Screwed

Unregistered

You’re Screwed

Civil Service protections are expected to go away this Fall. Your Sheriff believes he and his hired arbitrator can best decide if the punishment meets the firing, demotion, suspension you receive. Although Civil Service was not binding it offered an employee the avenue to have his/her case heard by an impartial civilian group. It also afforded you the opportunity to seek relief in the 13th Judicial Circuit such as the case listed in the thread below. Not so much now. The Office will now have full control to hire so and so’s daughter with no experience to work in CSI as has already happened and now fire, demote, suspend, cut your pay and make you’re life a living hell with no recourse.

You ever stop and wonder why after 25 or 30 years of service they never come back to that place? Because they treat you like crap..maybe not today, but you will have your turn in the barrel.

Let’s hope someone else decides to run in 2020 during a presidential election year which favors more democratic leaning voters. The only chance to oust the manican.

Unregistered
    It just gets worse and worse!

Unregistered
    Fake news. All constitutional officers have asked to leave civil service, not just the sheriff. The reason is it’s a giant waste of money. And if you think they offer you some protection you’re sadly mistaken. It’s a true kangaroo court with no real teeth that should have left with VCRs. But look on th bright side, you can still cry on here daily. No one can take that away snowflake!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Fake news. All constitutional officers have asked to leave civil service, not just the sheriff. The reason is it’s a giant waste of money. And if you think they offer you some protection you’re sadly mistaken. It’s a true kangaroo court with no real teeth that should have left with VCRs. But look on th bright side, you can still cry on here daily. No one can take that away snowflake!
    I get it bro. You are loyal, that’s an admirable quality and good for you. I do wonder though if you are reasonable man, a fair man, why would you be against deputies being united and protected by something like a civil service or a union. I know you can point out flaws with each of those but still do you really believe the sheriff knows best on everything.

Absolute power corrupts. And I’m not saying they are corrupt up top, I’m sure when they all started they had the best intentions. But sometimes on our journey to the top we loose a bit of ourselves, we forget what it was like when we were in the treneches and the positive thoughts we had, the positive changes we knew we would make for the benefit of our brothers and sisters.

Somewhere along the way a lot of people here have lost their way. Quid pro quo... Paranoia, gossiping, jealously, greed, pride and many other petty human emotions have beat our better senses. There is nothing wrong with deputies uniting and fighting for progress that benefits them. To all you rank chasers who spend more time playing the game than truly leading your troops, than truly looking after them, building them up, making them better, bolstering espírit de corps and morale, your self serving ways will not go un noticed, you might have your 15 minutes of rule by fear and fist, but karma will get you one day.

One day, you will retire, your rank will be gone, no one will remember you, no will give a shit about you, those vain trinkets that you sold out for will be gone and no one will respect what you have left. I’ve worked for guys in the military and some out here that I would go through the gates of hell with, that I would literally die for if need be, and if they called me 20 years after retirement and told me they need the shirt if my back I would give it up happily. But for you frauds, you will never have that kind of respect, admiration, and devotion from you troops. Just ask Greg Brown about Karma, your time is coming next.

Unregistered
    I get it bro. You are loyal, that’s an admirable quality and good for you. I do wonder though if you are reasonable man, a fair man, why would you be against deputies being united and protected by something like a civil service or a union. I know you can point out flaws with each of those but still do you really believe the sheriff knows best on everything.

Absolute power corrupts. And I’m not saying they are corrupt up top, I’m sure when they all started they had the best intentions. But sometimes on our journey to the top we loose a bit of ourselves, we forget what it was like when we were in the treneches and the positive thoughts we had, the positive changes we knew we would make for the benefit of our brothers and sisters.

Somewhere along the way a lot of people here have lost their way. Quid pro quo... Paranoia, gossiping, jealously, greed, pride and many other petty human emotions have beat our better senses. There is nothing wrong with deputies uniting and fighting for progress that benefits them. To all you rank chasers who spend more time playing the game than truly leading your troops, than truly looking after them, building them up, making them better, bolstering espírit de corps and morale, your self serving ways will not go un noticed, you might have your 15 minutes of rule by fear and fist, but karma will get you one day.

One day, you will retire, your rank will be gone, no one will remember you, no will give a shit about you, those vain trinkets that you sold out for will be gone and no one will respect what you have left. I’ve worked for guys in the military and some out here that I would go through the gates of hell with, that I would literally die for if need be, and if they called me 20 years after retirement and told me they need the shirt if my back I would give it up happily. But for you frauds, you will never have that kind of respect, admiration, and devotion from you troops. Just ask Greg Brown about Karma, your time is coming next.
    Blah blah blah. Bring on your karma *****, I ain’t scared. No one know who you are now so I guess you’re safe in retirement lol. I see why you have had a lackluster career, logic espaces you. I never said a word about s union. No one gives a crap if you unionize. Why all the talk about it? If you’re such a stand up guy that people as you say would die for, be the leader you claim to be, step up and start organizing with PERC.

So the Sheriff is so evil he talked every other constitional into leaving civil service too? Wow, he’s good! You by your own admission are a very bright guy who has this all figured out. So prove me wrong, just name one employee who had some pervcied wrong righted, job saved, demotion over turned, ANYTHING, at civil service?

Unregistered

Damn good post. We do need a seperate entity to look out for us when the time comes. Come to Day-B D4. You will see what utter misery really is. You will see what once were confident deputies now turned into undicisive scared children. A squad with a shattered moral. A trifecta of tyranny run by a complete moron. Just ask sgt RS what these three are capable of along with the many that have quit due to them. True malignant narcissists. Then ask who this agency will side with when its you vs those three at once plus the brass.

Unregistered
    Having the same issues in D4 as they had in D2 before being moved and too ignorant to realize they are the problem, not the deputies.......,shameful really. That is what other supervisors have to overcome

Unregistered
    Having the same issues in D4 as they had in D2 before being moved and too ignorant to realize they are the problem, not the deputies.......,shameful really. That is what other supervisors have to overcome
    It is pure insanity. I have never in my life seen anyone act and treat others like that. With the three of them combined, I am surprised the entire squad doesnt just resign all at once. Three control freak narcissist with the highest in command being a total moron. I would say, I am surprised the squad does not report them to the brass. However, deputies have no say and no one would listen. They are lucky this squad is mostly young and know no better. Me personally, im looking for another job. Its that or go back to nights. This cant last.