Advice from a Old Timer - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Unregistered
    This post changed from advice from an old timer, which was helpful, to rankings from a jaded man. Very few at PCSO likes the Paul Martin you are pissed about. But he is gone. And no one who posts here has anything to do with whether he stayed or was fired. So sue the Sheriff or sue Paul but please **** off.

Unregistered
    Here's more advice from another old timer who will retire soon:

- forget about agency politics, it's better to stay out of them if you want a long career.

- don't take any chances, when in doubt pass it on to your supervisors and let them make the decisions.

- don't expect anyone to back you up when the SHTF. The higher they are the more likely they are to screw you over.

- finish out your 25 if you can and get the hell out as fast as you can and enjoy your retirement.

- time can buy money but money can't buy time.

- when you retire you will be lucky to have 3-4 friends you can depend on. Sometimes even fewer. A lot of fake people here.

Unregistered
    That’s good advice.

Unregistered
    Chances are you have never worked for upper COC when they were Sgts and Lts. Your reputation of being a good worker, lazy, incompetent, etc tends to follow you around this place. Never get so full of yourself that you think you cant easily be replaced. None of your experience, or expertise is a consideration if you have done something to put a target on your back. You cant get experience until you get selected for transfer or promotion. If you are not ready, you will be exposed. Your better off being a good patrol dep instead of a mediocre detective. Thirty plus years is a long time. Going somewhere that is comfortable, or good for your family, robs you of the experience your gonna need to handle other assignments. Being quietly efficient may take longer than the chest beaters and ball lickers, but you will get there, and you will be prepared when you do.

Unregistered
    When the SHTF and you need backup you will get stabbed in the back by people you wouldn't dream would ever do it. That is the agency culture right now so don't count on anyone's support. Your supervisors who are supposed to back you up will the the ones who sell you out first. There is no loyalty anymore. Everyone is for himself and against everyone else.

Unregistered

100% correct

Don't forget the wonderful Training Department. They are the first ones to say " If you get in trouble you can call us anytime." I was terminated for a use of force and tried reaching out to them numerous times. Not one return call. Out for themselves like the rest of them. Be Careful and trust no one

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Don't forget the wonderful Training Department. They are the first ones to say " If you get in trouble you can call us anytime." I was terminated for a use of force and tried reaching out to them numerous times. Not one return call. Out for themselves like the rest of them. Be Careful and trust no one
    I feel your frustration brother! It’s the same at HCSO! They live in a fantasy world where the deputy is the perp & the perp is the victim! What a joke! When I started in Law Enforcement years ago it was much, much different! Thanks to the pussification of America, to include our profession, it’s been a constant down hill decent! Pencil pushers on both sides of the bay are weakening agencies and communities with this bulls••t! If you did your best and Pinellas didn’t back you, then it’s their loss! Move on to something non law enforcement if you can. If not expect the same from other agencies. One last suggestion-don’t let the all mighty $ be your decision to continue with another agency. You’ll regret it. Stay healthy 👌🏼.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Bro, they work for Stef Campbell, the most hospitable and two faced creature to walk the halls of the SAB. That woman made a career in CAC if not sending her detectives out to anything ever!! And I can hear her stupid fake laugh as she reads this. This is the woman who acts like Dr. Kimberly Miller is the messiah of leadership even though she doesn’t practice one single bit of what she teaches. Anyone who crosses Major Campbell, aka “Just call me Stef” is dead meat. She has her favorites who can do know wrong and everyone else. She would slaughter any instructor who ever thought about giving a defense to anyone who was deemed to have had a bad use of force. Dude, this hag survived when her Training Division was flayed open. Do you think she would let them help you?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123