To the Brass-read this! - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I see the point. The complaint is not necessarily about him. The complaint I'm reading, and agree with, is that you can't excel if you're not given the chance to.

They chose to notice him and his work (anybody doing even a half-ass job will get SOME results), and they chose to ignore others' work, and results.

He may have been acceptable at his job. But several others were better. Much, much better. And worked much, much harder... at THIS agency nonetheless, not somewhere else.

Those who didn't rely on "at my prior agency, I did yada yada yada..." to get them noticed.

What's sad is like others who've been given a chance here, he was given a chance at his "other agency", which brought him to the attention of our staff, who in turn gave him a chance here. Yet, others who's loyalty have been overwhelmingly demonstrated to the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office by putting in the time and hard work HERE, were not rewarded for their loyalty. They were punished for it instead.

The HCSO get's a big chubby, and get's its panties wet when someone comes in from another agency, where they were given a chance. Instead of the HCSO rewarding the loyalty of ITS OWN DEPUTIES, the HCSO passes them by and rewards others for showing loyalty to other agencies (But remember, those who were given a chance at other agencies are not still working there, for a reason!).

For example, the latest specialty team positions were filled by someone with less than 3 years on here, and by someone else who was "diverse." How do deputies that have worked their asses off for the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office, compete with that?

You can't excel if you're not given the chance to. You can't excel if chances are given to those based upon their "diversity," or to those who've showed no loyalty to the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office. But instead went elsewhere and were given a chance there.
    Thank you for catching that. Thank you for having common sense. Its not about the person. Its about the process. That person is actually a good guy. I do bet you one thing. His fast track had nothing to do with his hard work. Hard work means nothing here. It was his certain federal criteria he met.

Unregistered
    Thank you for catching that. Thank you for having common sense. Its not about the person. Its about the process. That person is actually a good guy. I do bet you one thing. His fast track had nothing to do with his hard work. Hard work means nothing here. It was his certain federal criteria he met.
    If you’re knee pads are comfortable enough you can accomplish anything at this agency 😉

Unregistered
    If you’re knee pads are comfortable enough you can accomplish anything at this agency 😉
    Yup! Knee pads, connections, skin color, sex, sexual orientation. Us regular people are destined for being pawns.

Its do sad seeing hard working regular employees coming in early every shift, missing lunch on a daily basis, taking paper ten min before the end of their shift, and bustimg their rears for decades thinking they will meet all their goal and dreams they had when they applied. What a joke. Only to see the undeserving move forward.

Unregistered
    Yup! Knee pads, connections, skin color, sex, sexual orientation. Us regular people are destined for being pawns.

Its do sad seeing hard working regular employees coming in early every shift, missing lunch on a daily basis, taking paper ten min before the end of their shift, and bustimg their rears for decades thinking they will meet all their goal and dreams they had when they applied. What a joke. Only to see the undeserving move forward.
    There you go. Convince yourself it’s someone else’s fault you’re a loser.

Unregistered
    H.C.S.O. Loves its malleable managers! They do not like supervisors that have integraty. You have to sniff the stink of the proverbial B.S. and say it smells like roses 🌹 if you’re looking to move up. Looking at our current leaders, it does seem like “the cream doesn’t always rise to the top!” People. Switch back to coffee from Sanka before it’s too late..........

Unregistered
    H.C.S.O. Loves its malleable managers! They do not like supervisors that have integraty. You have to sniff the stink of the proverbial B.S. and say it smells like roses 🌹 if you’re looking to move up. Looking at our current leaders, it does seem like “the cream doesn’t always rise to the top!” People. Switch back to coffee from Sanka before it’s too late..........
    You’re the best thing since sliced bread. It’s too bad such a talent has been systematically passed over. Such greatness that has to languish in obscurity. ....does that help you feel better that you suck?

Unregistered
    You’re the best thing since sliced bread. It’s too bad such a talent has been systematically passed over. Such greatness that has to languish in obscurity. ....does that help you feel better that you suck?
    You sound like a whiny chick! Or you’re one of the SOT breed trained to drink and ask for more of the proverbial kool aid🧐. Go back to staring at your iPhone and check your Facebook page for the millionth time ya milky licker!

Unregistered
    You sound like a whiny chick! Or you’re one of the SOT breed trained to drink and ask for more of the proverbial kool aid🧐. Go back to staring at your iPhone and check your Facebook page for the millionth time ya milky licker!
    Is that the best you got? No wonder your life is a complete disappointment.

Unregistered
    This! Exactly this! How can real leaders be promoted to make changes for the better when all the brass looks for are “yes men” that agree with everything? Thats why everything is so stagnant.

Unregistered
    This! Exactly this! How can real leaders be promoted to make changes for the better when all the brass looks for are “yes men” that agree with everything? Thats why everything is so stagnant.
    OMG you’re so right! I’m glad there is a place like this where we puzzys can band together and show how we got it all figured out! We’re the real leaders ‘round here. Anonymously solving the agency’s problem one key stroke at a time. I’ll be right back, I have to go tell my wife how I’m not really a loser, it’s the corrupt system that’s kept me down! Oh, I almost forgot to say that I don’t respect our leaders. I heard that really brings em to their knees in agony. Serves them right for not awarding my greatness. Oh and your too.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast