To the Brass-read this! - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Ignor this. This is all they have. Reverting to spelling and grammer with no true rebuttal. This is to deter you. Keep posting.

I followed the post pretty well. It wouldnt make sense to an armchair jockey like you.

Also, learn how to spell Jesus.
    I assume another "rocket surgeon" with a far superior education....you guys crack me up. It must be tough being so smug. You do know we make fun of you behind your back, right? Rock on, buddy!

Unregistered
    Good post. You will get a lot of Kool Aid drinker attacks, but know this... 95% of the people that read this will agree with you. They just cant speak up to back you in fear of retaliation. I know who you speak of. I watched his interesting career grow too. From street corporal to jail lieutenant??? How nice. Many of us do not have the required complexion for such a career path. Or connections like certain ten year lieutenants. Or a certain two big female body parts to become a corporal with two years on patrol. For the rest of us expendable pawn drones..... The Garcia mentality applies.

He's been promoted to Colonel already. Yet he has less time on at this agency than numerous deputies who, FOR SOME REASON, continue to be denied their very first promotion. I WONDER WHY!

Unregistered
    He's been promoted to Colonel already. Yet he has less time on at this agency than numerous deputies who, FOR SOME REASON, continue to be denied their very first promotion. I WONDER WHY!
    Because they whine and complain about everything like little girls and have no networking skills.

Unregistered

Or....

He came here, not connected to anyone, and busted his a$$, was exceptional at his job, and was we'll...better than the rest. There are plenty on persons to complain about; he isn't the one though.

Unregistered
    He came here, not connected to anyone, and busted his a$$, was exceptional at his job, and was we'll...better than the rest. There are plenty on persons to complain about; he isn't the one though.
    The difference between him, and others here for longer, busting their ass much more...

He applied and was told "yes."
    They applied and were told "no."

Unregistered
    The difference between him, and others here for longer, busting their ass much more...

So with a mixture of a communits mentality (no matter how hard we work, we are all seen as the same bottom feeding pawns and nothing good gets noticed, so why even try) COMBINED with the Good Ol Boy system (where exceptions are made, rules are broken, and easy carreer paths are paved for the connected), this is a double threat! Total hipocracy. This is why moral is dead, no one cares, no one respects the brass or command, and why people are quitting!

Unregistered

I see the point. The complaint is not necessarily about him. The complaint I'm reading, and agree with, is that you can't excel if you're not given the chance to.

They chose to notice him and his work (anybody doing even a half-ass job will get SOME results), and they chose to ignore others' work, and results.

He may have been acceptable at his job. But several others were better. Much, much better. And worked much, much harder... at THIS agency nonetheless, not somewhere else.

Those who didn't rely on "at my prior agency, I did yada yada yada..." to get them noticed.

What's sad is like others who've been given a chance here, he was given a chance at his "other agency", which brought him to the attention of our staff, who in turn gave him a chance here. Yet, others who's loyalty have been overwhelmingly demonstrated to the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office by putting in the time and hard work HERE, were not rewarded for their loyalty. They were punished for it instead.

The HCSO get's a big chubby, and get's its panties wet when someone comes in from another agency, where they were given a chance. Instead of the HCSO rewarding the loyalty of ITS OWN DEPUTIES, the HCSO passes them by and rewards others for showing loyalty to other agencies (But remember, those who were given a chance at other agencies are not still working there, for a reason!).

For example, the latest specialty team positions were filled by someone with less than 3 years on here, and by someone else who was "diverse." How do deputies that have worked their asses off for the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office, compete with that?

You can't excel if you're not given the chance to. You can't excel if chances are given to those based upon their "diversity," or to those who've showed no loyalty to the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office. But instead went elsewhere and were given a chance there.

Unregistered
    You can't excel if you're not given the chance to. You can't excel if chances are given to those based upon their "diversity," or to those who've showed no loyalty to the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office. But instead went elsewhere and were given a chance there.

...and that, ladies and gentlemen, is the latest way "the Sheriff or his designee" says ****K YYOU to his competent, loyal, hard working, seasoned deputies.

Unregistered

Newsflash

Yeah. That's how life works. Some people have to be told no while others are told yes.

Unregistered
    Yeah. That's how life works. Some people have to be told no while others are told yes.
    Thats how life works. Some people have to be told no while others are told yes. So, with that, you may bust your ass for decades for no progress or advancement at a job with piss poor leaders. Moral will die, productivity will deminish, and you will lose employees and lose the respect of the ones that now consider themselves “stuck”. Back at you. Thats how life works, employees will do the minimum possible with commanders scratching their heads as to why.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast