To the Brass-read this!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Unregistered
    I must say this was an excellent read! When I saw this article was written by a sergeant, I enjoyed this article even more. The problem with this agency is the people in charge think they are flawless, when in fact they didn’t earn their positions. They were promoted based on the buddy system. I’ve seen so many excellent, very qualified employees passed over for promotion because they weren’t in the click. I’ve seen many unqualified people promoted and some demoted because of their unprofessional behavior. I’ve seen people off the street hired by this agency for mid level leadership positions and there was nothing spectacular about their professional background. I’ve seen people who have IA files promoted or given plush job assignments while those employees who have never had any type of disciplinary measures struggle to get a street crimes position, I’ve seen a law enforcement corporal placed in the jail as a lieutenant who never took one promotional exam for the position. Then a few years later this same person was promoted to a colonial, but this person barely has a four year degree if he has a degree at all. Now I realize a degree isn’t the end all be all but according to the agency’s standards the ideal candidate for the position of colonial should have a bachelors degree and ideally a masters degree. Heck if this person was a Sherlock Holmes with no education I would even understand that, but unfortunately this person isn’t a Sherlock Holmes. But like half of our upper management this person as well as others were promoted based on the friends and family program. Why isn’t there more opportunities for law enforcement corporals to apply for sergeant or lieutenant positions in detention? If it’s good for the few that benefitted from this process then why shouldn’t all be allowed to do it? In closing I personally was a fool to think things would change with this new administration. The Sheriff’s all time favorite saying is “hard work pays off”. The issues are the clowns that he promoted hasn’t worked all that hard, and what about those qualified and capable employees that work twice as hard who can’t get anywhere? But realistically how can a chain of command see the value in hard work when the only reason they are in their positions are because of the friends and family program.

Unregistered
    Jebus man...please review how to construct a paragraph....you lost me about half way through....Spell check wouldn't hurt either.....

Unregistered
    First off I”m not writing a term paper. Second I’m positive, that I have far more education than you do. Third I would bet a steak dinner that your reports are garbage.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    First off I”m not writing a term paper. Second I’m positive, that I have far more education than you do. Third I would bet a steak dinner that your reports are garbage.
    Perhaps, but clearly you are due a refund for that "awesome education".......

Unregistered
    learn how to spell, even a little correctly and make sense when you’re disrespecting others at the office. You look like a babbling idiot, and probably are.

Unregistered
    Yeah, like he likes how it was written bu a sergeant....Sgt. A. Merica.........dude you are an idiot

Unregistered
    Yeah, like he likes how it was written by a sergeant....Sgt. A. Merica.........dude you are an idiot

Unregistered
    Jebus man...please review how to construct a paragraph....you lost me about half way through....Spell check wouldn't hurt either.....
    Ignor this. This is all they have. Reverting to spelling and grammer with no true rebuttal. This is to deter you. Keep posting.

I followed the post pretty well. It wouldnt make sense to an armchair jockey like you.

Also, learn how to spell Jesus.

Unregistered
    I must say this was an excellent read! When I saw this article was written by a sergeant, I enjoyed this article even more. The problem with this agency is the people in charge think they are flawless, when in fact they didn’t earn their positions. They were promoted based on the buddy system. I’ve seen so many excellent, very qualified employees passed over for promotion because they weren’t in the click. I’ve seen many unqualified people promoted and some demoted because of their unprofessional behavior. I’ve seen people off the street hired by this agency for mid level leadership positions and there was nothing spectacular about their professional background. I’ve seen people who have IA files promoted or given plush job assignments while those employees who have never had any type of disciplinary measures struggle to get a street crimes position, I’ve seen a law enforcement corporal placed in the jail as a lieutenant who never took one promotional exam for the position. Then a few years later this same person was promoted to a colonial, but this person barely has a four year degree if he has a degree at all. Now I realize a degree isn’t the end all be all but according to the agency’s standards the ideal candidate for the position of colonial should have a bachelors degree and ideally a masters degree. Heck if this person was a Sherlock Holmes with no education I would even understand that, but unfortunately this person isn’t a Sherlock Holmes. But like half of our upper management this person as well as others were promoted based on the friends and family program. Why isn’t there more opportunities for law enforcement corporals to apply for sergeant or lieutenant positions in detention? If it’s good for the few that benefitted from this process then why shouldn’t all be allowed to do it? In closing I personally was a fool to think things would change with this new administration. The Sheriff’s all time favorite saying is “hard work pays off”. The issues are the clowns that he promoted hasn’t worked all that hard, and what about those qualified and capable employees that work twice as hard who can’t get anywhere? But realistically how can a chain of command see the value in hard work when the only reason they are in their positions are because of the friends and family program.
    Good post. You will get a lot of Kool Aid drinker attacks, but know this... 95% of the people that read this will agree with you. They just cant speak up to back you in fear of retaliation. I know who you speak of. I watched his interesting career grow too. From street corporal to jail lieutenant??? How nice. Many of us do not have the required complexion for such a career path. Or connections like certain ten year lieutenants. Or a certain two big female body parts to become a corporal with two years on patrol. For the rest of us expendable pawn drones..... The Garcia mentality applies.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast