Jail - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jail

Unregistered
    Dont let them derail our topics. They do this to trigger an argument and throw us off the topic. Keep the thread on task. Just ignore the Kool Aid drinkers. Take note how they offer no rebuttal regarding the topics we post. They just insult and stir up an argument. It makes us look bad. Ignore their comment and keep the thread subject alive.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Dont let them derail our topics. They do this to trigger an argument and throw us off the topic. Keep the thread on task. Just ignore the Kool Aid drinkers. Take note how they offer no rebuttal regarding the topics we post. They just insult and stir up an argument. It makes us look bad. Ignore their comment and keep the thread subject alive.
    Absolutely! Point well taken.

Unregistered
    How is the jail? I heard it’s the better ran compared to others around like Pasco and pinellas.
    It's worked out well for me. Good folks. Good benefits and environment.

Unregistered
    It's worked out well for me. Good folks. Good benefits and environment.
    How hard is it to transfer from the trail to the road, after putting in the required amount of time as a Detention Deputy.

Unregistered
    How hard is it to transfer from the trail to the road, after putting in the required amount of time as a Detention Deputy.
    On a serious note, it is very hard. Like applying to a new agency. Its no where near a “transfer”. Not here. Thank Docobo. One of his legacies. You have to start over to go to patrol. Reapply, academy, and so on. You may as well go directly to TPD.

Back in the day, if you put in your time in the jail, you transfered to patrol as a reward. There are little to no reward systems in play anymore. Not in the jail, patrol, nowhere. Its all about who you know. If you dont know anyone, you and your soul rot and die in a POD or a zone. These jobs can only be maintained by leaving the front lines after a while.

Unregistered
    Yeah, do not let detention recruitment lie to you like they do. They tell you, “once you put in your time”, you can transfer out. THAT DOES NOT EXIST. THERE IS NO PUTTING IN TIME AT THE HCSO.

On a positive note, you can promote and progress faster in the jail. See, all the special connected folks get pushed through patrol, so the jail is a bit more fair. Fair and the HCSO together is sn oxymoron, but progress is a bit more obtainable at the jail. Get out of the rotten smelly POD and you are golden.

Unregistered

Wrong.

Yeah, do not let detention recruitment lie to you like they do. They tell you, “once you put in your time”, you can transfer out. THAT DOES NOT EXIST. THERE IS NO PUTTING IN TIME AT THE HCSO.

On a positive note, you can promote and progress faster in the jail. See, all the special connected folks get pushed through patrol, so the jail is a bit more fair. Fair and the HCSO together is sn oxymoron, but progress is a bit more obtainable at the jail. Get out of the rotten smelly POD and you are golden.
    Recently, everyone who had submitted a packet, had an interview and was approved to transfer. Shoot, at one point there wasn't anyone left on the list to transfer. The bottom line is, as more people are hired for detention, the more that will be able to transfer. I remember a time when there was no transferring allowed. We have come a long way and as more people are hired, we will go even further.

Unregistered
    Recently, everyone who had submitted a packet, had an interview and was approved to transfer. Shoot, at one point there wasn't anyone left on the list to transfer. The bottom line is, as more people are hired for detention, the more that will be able to transfer. I remember a time when there was no transferring allowed. We have come a long way and as more people are hired, we will go even further.
    I agree....things are getting better.

Unregistered
    What do you mean by packet? Promotion packet? Like what a deputy has to complete in order to be promoted to detective or corporal? Any packet is for a promotion. Transfers are via a memo. Last I checked, going from the jail to patrol was no transfer or promotion. Those are both actually easy processes. Last I checked, the detention to patrol “transfer” required a full on lengthy new hire job application process along with doing the academy all over again to go from the jail to patrol. Not the old “crossover” process. They only make you skip the old SOT process “two week orientation”. Application, two lie detectors, psych eval, the complete hiring process. As if you never even worked here. How does an employee of the HCSO have to reapply if it is just a simple “transfer” to another area within the HCSO? As a current patrol FTO, I only see about one detention deputy make it to patrol about once a year. Patrol at this agency is already a total scam. Don't let them double scam you by going to the jail in hopes that you will eventually “transfer” to patrol.

Unregistered
    Interview with who? Its not that simple. Where are those packet applicants now? Still in the jail?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast