Contract

The vote is finally here.

Unregistered

Question

What are we giving up now?

Unregistered
    I guess nothing.

Unregistered
    Thank god the contract passed. After the first reading I think everyone got a little nervous.

Unregistered
    Let’s hope with this new contract we can get some certified guys or girls. We need to get our numbers up on patrol.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Let’s hope with this new contract we can get some certified guys or girls. We need to get our numbers up on patrol.
    Doubt that will happen. Too many other departments out there with better pay, better working conditions, and better financial structure to choose from. Folks will come here for a foot in the door and leave as soon as possible.

Unregistered
    Guess we got 1 certified guy so far due to the contract let’s hope more to come.

Unregistered
    Doubt that will happen. Too many other departments out there with better pay, better working conditions, and better financial structure to choose from. Folks will come here for a foot in the door and leave as soon as possible.
    Hey I working in Brooklyn for NYPD for the last 8.5 years. I know a lot about shitty pay and work conditions too lol I was just wondering what it’s like as a cop down in Florida and what counties pay more. Been thinking of making the transfer.

Unregistered
    Hey I working in Brooklyn for NYPD for the last 8.5 years. I know a lot about shitty pay and work conditions too lol I was just wondering what it’s like as a cop down in Florida and what counties pay more. Been thinking of making the transfer.
    Sun and fun down here. I would apply to Miami Beach or Boca PD. Plan on doing 20 plus years down here for a pension. Limited advancement. Stay at NYPD.