RIP Josiah Pinner!!!! What are you doing to stop kids from getting killed by cars????
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

RIP Josiah Pinner!!!! What are you doing to stop kids from getting killed by cars????

As a concerned, and VERY OUTRAGED, citizen I want to know what you’re doing to prevent juveniles from getting hit and killed by cars.

I’ve done some research and discovered that your agency is ENABLING juveniles in their reckless, dangerous behavior.

Josiah Pinner crossed the street in front of a car, and got killed as a result. (R.I.P. Josiah)

Then the Sheriff gives a press conference in which he pleads with the public to join the Sheriff’s Office in making sure “we’re doing everything we can” to have young people “abide by all traffic laws when entering the roadway. “

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cmZJ-mWiGM

OH REALLLY????!!!! Then why does the Hillsborough County Sheriffs Office VOID tickets given to juveniles, when they cross in front of vehicles, and cause an accident??? !!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.fox13news.com/news/local-...ing-hit-by-car

When you void their tickets, you’re showing them there’s NO CONSEQUENCE to their dangerous disregard for the law.

Isn’t this exactly what Josiah Pinner did? now he’s dead.

So, how can you, as a law enforcement agency, plead with the public to join you in doing “everything” you can to get juveniles to obey all traffic laws, when you void the tickets they get for breaking the traffic laws and causing accidents?

Please educate me.

Unregistered
    Here's a crazy idea. Stop walking in the middle of the ****ing road like a flock of ducks and you won't be hit by cars.

Unregistered
    I agree. I feel bad for the boys family. But, he bears some responsibility. There are pedestrian laws just like there are motor vehicle laws. You cross at a crosswalk, not in the middle of the street, that is what they are made for. And when you see the big red hand in the crosswalk signal box, that means do not cross.
    Drivers should not have to worry that someone is going to be walking in the middle of the street, and it makes no difference if the driver is over the speed limit or not. Pedestrians do not automatically have the right of way, as some people think. I say that if I am walking, I am going to do whatever I can to not be hit by a 5k pound missile.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    As a concerned, and VERY OUTRAGED, citizen I want to know what you’re doing to prevent juveniles from getting hit and killed by cars.

I’ve done some research and discovered that your agency is ENABLING juveniles in their reckless, dangerous behavior.
    Josiah Pinner crossed the street in front of a car, and got killed as a result. (R.I.P. Josiah)

Then the Sheriff gives a press conference in which he pleads with the public to join the Sheriff’s Office in making sure “we’re doing everything we can” to have young people “abide by all traffic laws when entering the roadway. “

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cmZJ-mWiGM

OH REALLLY????!!!! Then why does the Hillsborough County Sheriffs Office VOID tickets given to juveniles, when they cross in front of vehicles, and cause an accident??? !!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.fox13news.com/news/local-...ing-hit-by-car

When you void their tickets, you’re showing them there’s NO CONSEQUENCE to their dangerous disregard for the law.

Isn’t this exactly what Josiah Pinner did? now he’s dead.

So, how can you, as a law enforcement agency, plead with the public to join you in doing “everything” you can to get juveniles to obey all traffic laws, when you void the tickets they get for breaking the traffic laws and causing accidents?

Please educate me.
    Please educate me on how exactly HCSO is voiding tickets? Now that they are electronic and submit immediately to the clerk of court, voiding a ticket requires a memo through the chain of command to then be sent to the clerk outlining the specific reason an issued ticket should be voided. In simple terms: nobody is jumping through that hoop absent the deputy discovering a ticket was mistakenly issued (such as later discovering the driver gave a false ID, etc...).

Unregistered
    [QUOTE=Unregistered;2971664]As a concerned, and VERY OUTRAGED, citizen I want to know what you’re doing to prevent juveniles from getting hit and killed by cars. /QUOTE]

Starting today, the HCSO is sending Deputies out to stupid parents homes to teach them and their stupid kids on how to cross the street... You and your kids will be taught in locating crosswalks, and waiting for the crossing lights before crossing the street. Just post your name and address and we will be more then happy to stop by and teach you..

Unregistered
    Please educate me on how exactly HCSO is voiding tickets? Now that they are electronic and submit immediately to the clerk of court, voiding a ticket requires a memo through the chain of command to then be sent to the clerk outlining the specific reason an issued ticket should be voided. In simple terms: nobody is jumping through that hoop absent the deputy discovering a ticket was mistakenly issued (such as later discovering the driver gave a false ID, etc...).

So, which one is it?

Did the Sheriff's office lie when they said they voided the juvenile's ticket? Or did the Sheriff's Office void the ticket? Thus enabling the juvenile's illegal and dangerous actions. The same illegal and dangerous actions that killed Josiah Pinner?

Because if the Sheriff's Office actually voided the ticket of this juvenile, and widely broadcast it on a news station (which anyone can pull up online), then Josiah Pinner (along with all these other kids, and parents) was taught that there are no consequences for walking/running/riding out in front of traffic.

That is what you call enabling. How can the Sheriff beg the public to help encourage people to obey all traffic laws, when there is a documented history, widely broadcast on newscasts and available for anyone to pull up online, that the Sheriff's Office enables juveniles dangerous illegal behavior?

Unregistered
    Where were their freaking parents??? How about that god damn question?? When will parents and guardians be held accountable for what their teens do? For not being with them or at least for not teaching their teens about roadway safety? How about teach your damn kids to stay away from busy traffic after dark and to use a crosswalk properly? Stop using the police as a scapegoat!! Cops can not think for other people. Cops can not make up for bad parenting. Cops, ticket, and laws cant fix stupid behavior. Typical liberal. Blame the governement, the police, the president, and whoever instead of negligent parents that let their kids run the streets at night. Dark busy streets. Teens should be taught by parents not by cops. And also, at some point they will have to think for themselves and make sefe decisions. How about blame the teens? How is that for a good question? Drivers did not put them in the street in fron of their cars. Tickets dont change anything. I been writing tickets on the same road in the same sector everyday for ten years. Changes nothing. People speed every day. Whats next? Make cars illegal? How about fix the problem at the source and stop walking in front of cars!

Unregistered
    [QUOTE=Unregistered;2971813]
    As a concerned, and VERY OUTRAGED, citizen I want to know what you’re doing to prevent juveniles from getting hit and killed by cars. /QUOTE]

Starting today, the HCSO is sending Deputies out to stupid parents homes to teach them and their stupid kids on how to cross the street... You and your kids will be taught in locating crosswalks, and waiting for the crossing lights before crossing the street. Just post your name and address and we will be more then happy to stop by and teach you..
    EXACTLY THIS!!! We are already thinking enough for a bunch of learned helplessness idiots on a daily basis. Parents do your job!! The traffic laws are listed online for free or at a library which is free. Better yet, go to the DMV and get a drivers handbook, for free. Instead of taking selfies and updating your instagram all day, how about educate yourself, tech your kids about the dangers of the road, show them where crosswalks are, and teach them how, when, and where to use them.

Junior Member LEO Affairs Rookie
    Here's a concept.....
    Use a condom.

Unregistered
    I have never voided a ticket in my 20 years here. If deputy that I know ever did, it was due to an error.

If voiding tickets is a popular thing, then why write them in the first place? The tickets protect us and justify the stop. We get nothing by voiding them. All the safety issues buy performing a traffic stop, paperwork, and arguments over explaining why they got a ticket only to void later? Why? No way.

If a new voiding tickets trend is happening, im not aware of it and its probably to avoid complaints. AKA weakness and giving in to the public. Which I do not do. It backfires and is not appreciated.

People complain about tickets or complain about voiding them like this original moron poster. One way or another they are thankless and ungrateful.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast