Florida State Police
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Florida State Police

Why not merge all units under one massive budget? FHP is the patrol division, FDLE = CID, FWC is the same, CVE is the same

Obviously if FHP is gonna take calls just for the first year have them respond with city or SO until they get the hang of the reports

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why not merge all units under one massive budget? FHP is the patrol division, FDLE = CID, FWC is the same, CVE is the same

Obviously if FHP is gonna take calls just for the first year have them respond with city or SO until they get the hang of the reports
    Another crap starter, go ahead and feed him. Sounds like he or she is hungry for drama. Yawn

Unregistered

Why? I don’t see any advantage or need for this change. FDLE is antiquated and unused except for the crime lab and some task force stuff. FHP is a SUNKEN ship. FWC and CVE are about the only needed agencies in this list.

Unregistered
    As a Deputy I don’t have a problem with FHP merging with other state agencies to become a State Police. I came from NY where they have a State Police. What I don’t understand (my agency included) is why we are afraid of that happening. We always complain the FHP doesn’t do enough. We can use the extra help so that citizens can be better served. Isn’t that what is all about!

Unregistered
    If all state agencies merged it would reduce a ton of redundancy for each agency.

Unregistered
    Alaska State Troopers. Bring it on.

Unregistered
    If all state agencies merged it would reduce a ton of redundancy for each agency.
    What redundancy?

Unregistered
    The Florida constitution and statutes would have to be changed as FHP and even FDLE are only cabinet level agencies. FWC is a constitutional agency..

Unregistered
    The Florida constitution and statutes would have to be changed as FHP and even FDLE are only cabinet level agencies. FWC is a constitutional agency..
    In other words, it ain't gunna happn' capn'!

Unregistered

Lightbulb

With the exception of Hawaii and Alaska, all state police agencies in all states are cabinet level -- and they were create by each respective state legislature between the years 1910 and 1920, in order to address crime that was crossing city and county boundaries, due to the invention of the automobile.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast