The Academy

Thread: The Academy

Unregistered

The Academy

Do you think that a 50 year old female in average physical condition could successfully complete the academy? I’m in overall decent shape. I walk, do some strength training, and I’m not obese or anything. Some knee arthritis but not severe. Looking to get in and try to do 10 years. Thanks for any thoughts or insights. I know it’s not a great place to work, but I need to build up some kind of retirement. Doing so in private sector has not worked out well.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Do you think that a 50 year old female in average physical condition could successfully complete the academy? I’m in overall decent shape. I walk, do some strength training, and I’m not obese or anything. Some knee arthritis but not severe. Looking to get in and try to do 10 years. Thanks for any thoughts or insights. I know it’s not a great place to work, but I need to build up some kind of retirement. Doing so in private sector has not worked out well.
    Yes, worth a try, and you get a paycheck in the meantime.
    Another tip is that once you do get in, just start acting incompetent, entitled, and lazy. They will not fire you and maybe like in my office; they will reward you with a special "IRS" caseload and everyone else can do all the burdensome work!

Unregistered
    Well, not looking for anyone else to do my share of the work. I’m a hard worker and always carry my load, and sometimes that of others. I just want to stand decent chance of staying in good health.

Unregistered
    You will be fine. I would continue to workout and concentrate on stretching so you don't hurt yourself doing DT. The academy is just long and mentally tedious but you should do okay. Good luck

Unregistered
    If you want a job where you will never get a raise and the McDonald's employees will be making more, then welcome aboard!!