Mr Isreals radio interview - Page 5
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    I just heard the Florida Senate is to hear Israel's opening case in Feburary.

Unregistered
    It doesn’t go to the Senate until and unless the courts deny Israel’s petition to effectively quash the executive order.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I just heard the Florida Senate is to hear Israel's opening case in Feburary.
    Well maybe they'll be as disinterested as everyone else. He was on a radio show that no one listens to and one channel reported on it. No one cares about yesterday's news.. The world keeps turning and he's gonna learn that he's insignificant

Unregistered
    First, there aren't any violations of "due process". However, the Executive Order states the cause of suspension to be "neglect of duty" and "incompentance". "Neglect of duty" as defined by the Florida Supreme Court effectively would require the consitutional offer to not be doing their job at all, such as a no show. Just because someone or some people believe the job isn't done to their satisfaction does not rise to the level of "neglect of duty" as so definded. "Incompenance" as defined by the Florida Supreme Court requires a "condition" that's "onset occured post election". "Incompentance" for the purposes of suspension/removal of a constitutional officer basically requires a serious pyshological condition to have developed post election.

Basically, Isreal was suspended under claims to which the facts do not fit.

This doesn't make it past the courts as the governor did not have the lawful basis to suspend in the first place.

Please notice I'm not advocating for or against Israel. I'm just stating the legal reality. I suspect Israel should be in circuit court shortly on an expedited basis. Two years ago Governor Scott issued an Exeuctive Order of suspension in Broward and it was overturned in 3 weeks from the filing.

Most in the legal community schooled on this process fully agree. The suspension was what it was....politically motivated to appease the Parkland families, NRA and its' membership.

DeSantis also claimed on the campaign trail he would have vetoed the post MSD gun lesislation. A state rep from the panhandle has filed legislation to repeal that legislation. Will DeSantis sign the repeal if it passses the legislature and then face the ire of the Parkland families or veto it and face the ire of the NRA and its' membership. Politics makes strange bed fellows but DeSantis will need to select whose bed he will ultimely select as he may end up without any support.

This story is far from over.

Let's see if we can avoid the nasty, childish and totally ignorant comments but rather initiate a conversation based on facts and the law; not emotion. Unfortunately, I doubt that will happen which is why we have the agency we have today.
    Considering the Sheriff hasn’t yet really even been heard, I disagree on your due process statement.

However Ron, I assume this is you, what case precedent are you referencing on neglect of duty? THe Florida Constitution certainly doesn’t define it, and I know of no case law on point.

Unregistered
    Would be funny to see the liar come back after his friends bailed. This place is a joke. They brought the circus now it is one

Unregistered
    Considering the Sheriff hasn’t yet really even been heard, I disagree on your due process statement.

However Ron, I assume this is you, what case precedent are you referencing on neglect of duty? THe Florida Constitution certainly doesn’t define it, and I know of no case law on point.
    Also, I’m pretty sure a few deputies in Parkland botching their job isn’t going to cut it. Too many layers to go through including a Captain and an XO who’ve already set sail for bluer horizons.

Unregistered
    Snipes didn't "win' anything. There's nothing in **ur logic or summation that suggests **u're an attorney; or even a paralegal. **u're way off base.
    LOL, The Judge in Snipes case found her due process rights we’re violated. This isn’t a secret. There’s nothing in your logic to suggest you have a high IQ or even a brain.

Unregistered
    It doesn’t go to the Senate until and unless the courts deny Israel’s petition to effectively quash the executive order.
    Uh no, thats not how any of that works.

Unregistered
    Incorrect. Incompetence deals with a PSYCHIATRIC evaluation; not a psychological evaluation. Big difference.

Misfeasance will be proven solely on issues related to juvenile crime. The comparison to the Governor choosing a Sgt. is not relatable to the practices of BSO under Israel's leadership.

Israel isn't coming back to BSO, and his own party, the democratic party, will make sure of that. De Santis is a Harvard eduated attorney. Kaplan and company are small Broward potatoes. The senate is Republican. He's toast.
    Great !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unregistered
    Incorrect. Incompetence deals with a PSYCHIATRIC evaluation; not a psychological evaluation. Big difference.

Misfeasance will be proven solely on issues related to juvenile crime. The comparison to the Governor choosing a Sgt. is not relatable to the practices of BSO under Israel's leadership.

Israel isn't coming back to BSO, and his own party, the democratic party, will make sure of that. De Santis is a Harvard eduated attorney. Kaplan and company are small Broward potatoes. The senate is Republican. He's toast.
    Wrong on juvenile crime equaling misfeasance, and completely wrong on the Governor appointing a Sgt. as a Sheriff. How can he argue the Parkland Captain was not qualified when he followed it with that appointment? Not relatable????? It’s directly relatable. Why don’t we let the Judge decide what’s relatable.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast