Mr Isreals radio interview - Page 10
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    I think if Isreal wins reinstatement in court, the state can keep appealing and extend it out until Nov 2020. That would prevent him from ever coming back. He will never be re elected.

Unregistered
    Scotty is an idiot puppet.
    He's always been an idiot, and will always be viewed as an ineffective and idiotic leader.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I think if Isreal wins reinstatement in court, the state can keep appealing and extend it out until Nov 2020. That would prevent him from ever coming back. He will never be re elected.
    There’s only one appeal in civil court unlike criminal. This type of case is very limited and handled very quickly with one hearing. Think about it like a probable cause hearing. The judge considers the charges and if the facts alleged fit the elements of the charged crimes the case moves forward to trial. If the alleged facts fail to satisfy the elements the court dismissed the charges.

The Israel executive order of suspension alleges “incompetence” by various deputies and “neglect of duty” by Israel.

When one reads the Florida Supreme Court definitions of both of these “charges” the facts as alleged against Israel do not meet the definitions. Therefore, it’s most likely certain the courts will strike down the DeSantis order.

Again these cases are not complex which is one reason they’re handled so quickly once filed.

I know probably most on this board don’t want him back. I’m not attacking or supporting Israel. I’m just commenting on the legal process that should be developing a very shortly.

Unregistered
    Scotty is very incompetent, and never should've held the position of Sheriff, or even chief of janitorial services. I do apologize to you respectable janitors.

Unregistered
    Scotty is very incompetent, and never should've held the position of Sheriff, or even chief of janitorial services. I do apologize to you respectable janitors.
    What a cluster “F” it’s going to be if he comes back....I feel sorry for the newly unprotected promotions. I guess it was nice while it lasted.

Unregistered
    It will end up I front of the Florida Supreme court. The same Supreme Court steering quickly to the right with DeSantis appointing 4 new Justices. And by to the right I mean Judges who interpret the law, not write new law. Is the process spelled out in law and was it followed. If so suspension upheld.

Unregistered
    First, DeSantis appointee 3 new justices not 4. Next, if appealed to the Supreme Court there’s no requirement for them to hear it as there’s no conflicting opinions at the DCA level. Worse, the Supreme Court set the standards/elements for the definitions of these charges of “incompetence” and lneglect of duty”. The facts alleged in the executive order do not meet these elements. All of us can have our own wishful thoughts and opinions but in the end it all comes down to if the alleged facts meet the defined elements of the charges and they simply do not.

Unregistered
    Must suck knowing nobody wants him back. Most of his friends bailed on the leader of the lions

Unregistered
    List Court definitions on Incompetence and Neglect of Duty then.

Unregistered
    First, DeSantis appointee 3 new justices not 4. Next, if appealed to the Supreme Court there’s no requirement for them to hear it as there’s no conflicting opinions at the DCA level. Worse, the Supreme Court set the standards/elements for the definitions of these charges of “incompetence” and lneglect of duty”. The facts alleged in the executive order do not meet these elements. All of us can have our own wishful thoughts and opinions but in the end it all comes down to if the alleged facts meet the defined elements of the charges and they simply do not.
    What case law are you referencing on neglect of duty?

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast