10 U.S. Cities Where Employees Are Happiest—and Most Miserable

Unregistered

10 U.S. Cities Where Employees Are Happiest—and Most Miserable

That’s what job site kununu concluded from a deep dive into its database of more than 87,000 employee reviews. Zeroing in on the 50 biggest metropolitan areas in the U.S., the researchers found that employers in these 10 cities earned the highest scores:

1. Miami, Fla.
    2. Los Angeles, Calif.
    3. Raleigh, N.C.
    4. Louisville, Ky.
    5. Omaha, Neb.
    6. San Jose, Calif.
    7. Sacramento, Calif.
    8. Oklahoma City, Okla.
    9. Seattle, Wash.
    10.Fresno, Calif.

Unregistered

Not at the miami police department

Especially where police officers in the so called brotherhood frame other officers and attack each other with bogus b.s. To lose their jobs

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Especially where police officers in the so called brotherhood frame other officers and attack each other with bogus b.s. To lose their jobs
    What do you expect from the Banana Republic of Miami?

Unregistered
    these are people who have been broken or hurt and have not properly resolved their pain
    its really simple...try to stop this from permeating by either moving these people out, or encouraging them to clean out the cobwebs and heal. alienation or isolation does not help and you know them by the negativeness that exudes from them. govt agencies do not feel its their duty to help ---citing that its part of the job and they can just leave.

when you love your job but despise your workplace its really hard. motivation and morale are severely affected.

agency seems to have faced reality or is stuck not knowing what to do - and its really complicated on what resources would make the difference for everyone. so its not like the agency doesn't care, I think its more of a how can we help these guys who are affected

I think this would be a better topic for the forum board---and providing resources that work to heal our blue from a lot of the pain that comes from the job. becoming a better person and a better professional is amazing. learning the tools to use to become that helps your home life, your marriage, your own emotional intelligence and that reverberates to the person sitting next to you.

it takes effort and mental cognitive willingness to be positive and to extend a hand

its really obvious when an officer feels the need to protect themselves with dirt on others---what does it do mentally when you need to feel like you have to protect yourself for months, years? that cannot be healthy.

from the positive ones....open a chat to share your resources please retired or active

Unregistered

Wishful Thinking

these are people who have been broken or hurt and have not properly resolved their pain
    its really simple...try to stop this from permeating by either moving these people out, or encouraging them to clean out the cobwebs and heal. alienation or isolation does not help and you know them by the negativeness that exudes from them. govt agencies do not feel its their duty to help ---citing that its part of the job and they can just leave.

when you love your job but despise your workplace its really hard. motivation and morale are severely affected.

agency seems to have faced reality or is stuck not knowing what to do - and its really complicated on what resources would make the difference for everyone. so its not like the agency doesn't care, I think its more of a how can we help these guys who are affected

I think this would be a better topic for the forum board---and providing resources that work to heal our blue from a lot of the pain that comes from the job. becoming a better person and a better professional is amazing. learning the tools to use to become that helps your home life, your marriage, your own emotional intelligence and that reverberates to the person sitting next to you.

it takes effort and mental cognitive willingness to be positive and to extend a hand

its really obvious when an officer feels the need to protect themselves with dirt on others---what does it do mentally when you need to feel like you have to protect yourself for months, years? that cannot be healthy.

from the positive ones....open a chat to share your resources please retired or active
    A refreshing comment but it will go un-read. The guys that post here are mostly jealous, vindictive and insecure individuals.

Unregistered
    A refreshing comment but it will go un-read. The guys that post here are mostly jealous, vindictive and insecure individuals.

what do you think the % of the agency is this way?

Unregistered
    Good post! Miami's answer to many problems is to let go officers, instead of getting then some type of help. Over the years, I've watched some officers, get away with offences that not only should have gotten them fired but arrested. Then some for a stupid error in judgement get let go cause it was the pollical thing to do. Once in all my time have I ever saw us come together as a mighty force. When that officer died in is car, over the junk they used to buy. Now we backstab one another, to get a head or get mad cause you handled a few more calls then another. Supervisor's pick their pets and screw the rest. The females (some) use sex to get what they want and know they can, even if one or the other is married. That I would like to see both fired over. Yet, it will never happen. The F&F clan is out of control. Accountability, is only used against uniform patrol officers, rarely anywhere else. I know this will get the flamers going but when the so called drunk was here. We became a real department again. Now it's all about image and again the F&F.

Now we have a new union, that's not even being given a chance. Backstabbing is at an all new low. Other department across the Country used to send their people here for training. Now they wave, as they pass the station by on I-95 heading over to Metro. We have a us against them attitude towards one another. As long as we promote from within a chief and allow city hall to pick most of who's going to be on staff. We will always be going in circles.

Unregistered
    Good post! Miami's answer to many problems is to let go officers, instead of getting then some type of help. Over the years, I've watched some officers, get away with offences that not only should have gotten them fired but arrested. Then some for a stupid error in judgement get let go cause it was the pollical thing to do. Once in all my time have I ever saw us come together as a mighty force. When that officer died in is car, over the junk they used to buy. Now we backstab one another, to get a head or get mad cause you handled a few more calls then another. Supervisor's pick their pets and screw the rest. The females (some) use sex to get what they want and know they can, even if one or the other is married. That I would like to see both fired over. Yet, it will never happen. The F&F clan is out of control. Accountability, is only used against uniform patrol officers, rarely anywhere else. I know this will get the flamers going but when the so called drunk was here. We became a real department again. Now it's all about image and again the F&F.

Now we have a new union, that's not even being given a chance. Backstabbing is at an all new low. Other department across the Country used to send their people here for training. Now they wave, as they pass the station by on I-95 heading over to Metro. We have a us against them attitude towards one another. As long as we promote from within a chief and allow city hall to pick most of who's going to be on staff. We will always be going in circles.

Interesting post, wrapped in a lot. If what we are talking about are organization dynamics then that will not be solved by a chief. A chief has to focus on maintaining the police services for the community. That is public safety first from an infrastructure standpoint and use of resource and equipment for police services. That is a lot to do on a daily basis.

The issues that you refer to above are more organizational dynamics and that is different in a way from the police services that have to get done.

So, in addition, it requires a different thinking leader who has experience with psychology and employment dynamics. We may be at a point where we are asking too much of one person to take all of those responsibility. Not that one couldn't do it, but maintaining is very different than cleaning something up. Cleaning up requires change, a deep dive on mechanics of relationships within the org and a very sensitive approach to those change dynamics, even determining what is and what should be the right culture takes. so, that is separate job in and of itself. It requires strategy and mental movements based on risk approach and a lot of politics with special handling in human employment and outside relationships. That's a tall order for one chief who only has a law enforcement background with no psychological degree or special training in employee relationships, mafia mentality, and corruptive and disruptive behaviors.

This may also be a good time to reevaluate who does what in the command staff, and who has the task of this kind of special role. Its not really something someone wants to be chosen to do, I think it requires an outside unbias individual who comes in as a special counsel to offer strategies for redevelopment based on current challenges, professional credentials and knowledge in corruption and behavior changing. But, that may not be something that should be disclosed during the assessment period. People have to maintain current action for an assessment to be done. Unlike BWC which was disclosed as a new change - controversy over its effectiveness and discipline use has been made due to its deployment disclosure. So, I hope the chief discusses the importance of a separate study to be done on how the MPD can work out its issues that are non public safety related in police services and begin the internal culture cleanup that requires removing the harmful behaviors within.

Good debate, and a lot of suggestive solutions should come forward. Miami PD is a necessary treasure nationally.

Unregistered
    Good post! Miami's answer to many problems is to let go officers, instead of getting then some type of help. Over the years, I've watched some officers, get away with offences that not only should have gotten them fired but arrested. Then some for a stupid error in judgement get let go cause it was the pollical thing to do. Once in all my time have I ever saw us come together as a mighty force. When that officer died in is car, over the junk they used to buy. Now we backstab one another, to get a head or get mad cause **u handled a few more calls then another. Supervisor's pick their pets and screw the rest. The females (some) use sex to get what they want and know they can, even if one or the other is married. That I would like to see both fired over. Yet, it will never happen. The F&F clan is out of control. Accountability, is only used against uniform patrol officers, rarely anywhere else. I know this will get the flamers going but when the so called drunk was here. We became a real department again. Now it's all about image and again the F&F.

Very well said, and so true.