Hello usf can you hear me ???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Unregistered
    Hey media, come on in and talk to a few of us. Forget https://www.tampabay.com/news/public...s-20190118/the radio story, you should see how out of touch the University is over anything to do with any sort of Police equipment funding.

We are ignored financially by USF when you would think a modern, university boasting about its sucesses would make sure that its buildings are protected by a well prepared and equipped police Department. Its just one excuse after another

Unregistered
    Radios, laptops, patrol vehicles, our state of the art building are all issues.

Unregistered
    Whatever. The only thing this guy is a crusader for is his bank account. He signed a contract and broke it. Be honorable and live up to it and pay back what was stipulated. The department probably hired him when others wouldn’t. Whether he liked the job or not he should show some loyalty to a department that was willing to invest in him. If he wanted to fight paying the money owed using some radio argument, then go for it but leave the media out of his nonsense. Go ask some guys from NY how useful radios are in the subway system, it’s a problem that will never be solved but they deal with it. I hope his reputation was worth throwing away for 10k. The guy proved he is one way, so he won’t be missed. He better hope the department he returned to doesn’t see his actions here for what they are, a scumbag move to the cops he worked with on up.

Unregistered
    To the other person on the thread who thinks it’s a good idea to go crying to the media with your wants: You have a lot to learn about being a cop and I hope your excuse is you’re a rookie. How about if the University turned around and said, “Fine, give the department their new radios, new computers, and some new cars.” “But in order to balance some of the cost they can say goodbye to take home cars for starters.” The people who cry to the media like this only piss off the people who run shit which isn’t very smart. Which is why I say screw the guy who ran to the media like this and anyone else that wants to run to them about it too.

Unregistered
    Hopefully with the new Administration which IS coming, they fund and properly support their Police Department. Perhaps they even reach down and clean out some of our stale and ineffective leadership also.

Unregistered
    Who would you expect this allegation to come from, a current employee? Anyone who made that complaint would have been out of here quicker than Drew and everyone knows it.

The radios are spotty, the hires vests are used, the
    Belts, uniforms and equipment issued to new people are used and are embarrassing to wear.

Unregistered
    This Chief has done more for this Department than any Chief in the past and cares about the people working for him. Longo got us take home cars, but Daniel followed up on that, and got you all what you really need, and that is good pay raises. You all would still be retiring on $38k a year, if that...if he didn't get us the good pay increases he did. That is even if you make it to a retirement after Gov Scott made it almost impossible for you to retire on this job unless you are an old cop on the job and actually make it. They do not want to pay retirements out now for State employees, and it was set up by Gov Scott to always hire newbies and not pay out retirements. If you are smart you will go to a PD that has a 20yr retirement if you want to stay in this profession.

Unregistered
    I don't understand how this is even a conversation. This isn't about radios, it's about that damn contract. Yeah yeah I know, they signed it. Now that we've learned the hard way what we've always known get rid of the contract. If someone quits losing money is the cost of doing business. This lawsuit was inevitable.

Unregistered
    Radios do not work in the buildings, period. There was mention of cell phones needing to be used, most of the times they do not work either....I'm glad this was finally brought up for officer safety which they preach here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast