5.5% gift - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 5.5% gift

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I wasn't going to chime in on this thread until this last post. First of all, not all DOD deputies are lazy, fat, and stupid. DOD has some hard workers. What you guys in the jail have to understand is we only see the ones in the Sally port, taking their time to process one prisoner, then the property clerks that always shut the window on you because you're interrupting their phone call, or the jailers wearing the windbreaker that says "Sheriff" on the back so they can get half off their meal. Personally, I don't care if you want to act like you work the road by wearing the windbreaker, just understand that one day someone is going to think you are armed and try to hurt or kill you; is that meal worth your life? Now don't get me wrong, we have some idiots in DLE too that should have chosen a different career. As for your question about the jail being empty, you can thank our former sheriff and the Ft. Lauderdale crew for that. When we are told NOT to make arrest or we will have to answer for it, it doesn't take long to figure out why. No arrest, no crime, no crime, more federal money! It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out.....obviously, because I'm in DLE and I figured it out.

So, I say to all my brothers and sisters in DOD, stay safe and watch out for each other.
    Finally, an educated professional. You my friend sound like an old school cops cop. Your explanation as to why some DLE deputies have a low opinion of DOD deputies and civilian employees is fair enough. The flip side of that coin is from our perspective, When you come into contact with some DLE deputies who think they're better than you just because they are assigned to DLE. Usually that God complex subsides over time with age and maturity but not always. It's funny how other agencies treat DOD with more respect than our own DLE brothers and sisters. By the way I already knew the answer to my question as to why the jails are empty. Let's all pray that our new sheriff is a good man with the ability to lead our department out of this mess. God bless and be safe!

Unregistered
    Half the road came from detention it seems. I worked both for years and can honestly say some of the road guys would not make it in the jail. I have encountered incompetence in both areas but more on the road side.

Truthteller

Cowards of Broward

You want more money for DLE because you think you deserve it!?!? Ask the families of the victims on the 3rd floor at MSD if the 8 cowards and their fellow boys in green who were scared to confront the killer deserve more money. The pathetic DLE deputies want to blame policy for not going in the school lol! Stop blaming administration and accept that no matter who is at the top the line leave DLE guys are a cesspool of cowards. No matter who is the Sheriff that will be your reputation forever.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Truthteller View Post
    You want more money for DLE because you think you deserve it!?!? Ask the families of the victims on the 3rd floor at MSD if the 8 cowards and their fellow boys in green who were scared to confront the killer deserve more money. The pathetic DLE deputies want to blame policy for not going in the school lol! Stop blaming administration and accept that no matter who is at the top the line leave DLE guys are a cesspool of cowards. No matter who is the Sheriff that will be your reputation forever.
    Not true. Depending on how this Sheriff proceeds, BSO can be a model for the beginning of the undoing of liberal agenda that has created a violent generation. Other departments/schools followed the lead of Obama type discipline after Broward. Since Broward is where it all blew up, that's where the correction needs to start. The right leadership and spirit of the agency can make it happen. Things are already starting to change. That wacko liberal Whoopi Goldberg actually laid into DiBlasio yesterday about messing up NYC with his ideas. On a local level, Guttenberg, the farthest left liberal of the MSD parents praised DeSantis for what he has done so far. Once this juvenile mess is cleaned up, this county will change. If you want to work toward something useful to make change, help to propose the return of the boot camp in DOD.

Unregistered
    I'm DLE. This in-fighting is precisely what many want. Please let's not fall for it. I supported that Bootcamp DOD ran before. It worked. Those deputies did a great job. We need to stop this crap and work together, support the new guy and do our jobs. Please all stay safe.

Unregistered
    I agree this infighting has to stop. DID and DIE encompass different jobs with different pay grades. If someone in dod is upset about their salary then get the cross over training and goto dle. You can't complain about anyone's salary since you knew what the salary was before you for hired. This should not be a contest about which job is harder. I work in DLE and I know it can be difficult. I don't know anything about DOD. I'm sure their job also has some difficult aspects too. In the end we are on one team
    So let's stop the bickering.

Unregistered
    I agree this infighting has to stop. DID and DIE encompass different jobs with different pay grades. If someone in dod is upset about their salary then get the cross over training and goto dle. You can't complain about anyone's salary since you knew what the salary was before you for hired. This should not be a contest about which job is harder. I work in DLE and I know it can be difficult. I don't know anything about DOD. I'm sure their job also has some difficult aspects too. In the end we are on one team
    So let's stop the bickering.
    I'm not looking to pick a fight with you but you guys can't compare your salary to other departments and then criticize DOD for doing the same thing. Most Detention Deputies have parity with their counterparts assigned to Road Patrol across the state of Florida. Most notably Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office which you guys like to use as an example when arguing for a pay increase. Remember PBSO Road Patrol Deputies and Detention Deputies have the same benefits and pay parity. I have many friends who have left BSO to work for PBSO and I know for a fact they do not have this infighting because they are treated equally by there Sheriff.

Unregistered
    The "coward" and the " Tony's inexperienced" and the " Pollack is no good" are the narratives of anyone who benefited from corruption, special treatment, was sent out the door or knows their free ride is over.

The rest of the agency seems to want to do their jobs and see how it all plays out. The agency is better than it was prior to Jan 11. At least now there's hope.

Unregistered
    Can you believe ex-sheriff gave the jailers a 5.5% raise/gift on his way out the door. That is a huge FU to IUPA and DLE. No offense to the dummies in the jail that think they actually deserve this raise for handing out toilet paper. That’s a lot of money to babysit I’m thinking of transferring to the jail. Heck I’ll give out food, toiletries, and commissary forms for that money. No stress of working the DLE.
    This is the only agency where Detention is embarrassed of the road!,,What happened in Parkland in simply unreal...

#fixit

Boot Camp

I'm DLE. This in-fighting is precisely what many want. Please let's not fall for it. I supported that Bootcamp DOD ran before. It worked. Those deputies did a great job. We need to stop this crap and work together, support the new guy and do our jobs. Please all stay safe.
    The Boot Camp at the Stockade Facility was the best program BSO ever had. Time to bring it back! Much more effective than this left wing liberal Promise program foolishness.
    Even the former inmates and their families will tell you how effective the Boot Camp was. Perfect time to establish it again. Law and order, rehabilitation, and discipline! These young offenders need discipline more than anything else.
    The juvenile diversion program, and the Promise program are essentially just free passes, 2nd and 3rd chances for offenders that most often dont deserve it, and dont change their ways. The Boot camp turned some of these young offenders into respectful, law abiding, productive young men.
    BTW, I agree the fighting between DLE and DOD is foolish. There are plenty of bad apples on both sides, but they are far outnumbered by the courageous professionals which both DLE and DOD have plenty of.
    BSO is about the only Sheriff's office left in Florida that does not have parity in its payscale for its Deputies. This is actually a requirement of the jails main accrediting body, the ACA. Parity pay should happen, and will happen soon. I hope that DLE gets a favorable contract as well. Good luck and be safe.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast