Do FHP troopers outrank city officers & deputies? - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    To the heavy FHP Kool-aid drinkin “police the police”

Im with FHP in central Florida in the traffic homicide division. We would NEVER work a murder scene due to the lack of resources, meaning forensics, etc. (nor would our joke BCII work it). We are a division of Highway Safety And Motor Vehicle’s! That’s it! We aren’t even close to a State Police let alone a SO or PD. Truthfully, we shouldn’t even be called State Troopers and I’m not afraid to admit it. We are strictly highway patrol, that we can’t even take care of our highways due to man power issues.

Come on follow Troopers, provide the case number and the last time you worked a Robbery, burglary, theft, embezzlement, open door call, alarm call, MURDER?

NEVER! If we run into anything complex on our jurisdiction (the highway) we call the local PD or SO to work it. Which is probably the reason we don’t have a step plan or get raises every year.

This feud will never end but I’m not afraid to admit all we work are traffic related incidents. Brings a point, we can’t even take a s10 (stolen vehicle) report ?

Who shows up if you call 911? Sure isn’t FHP. People don’t even know what *FHP means. So lay off the locals and SO cause their the ones coming when a real crimes committed. That Includes you, your family, and relatives. Joke around all you want and say you’ll take care of it, but how ? We don’t even have latent print or DNA Swabs.

Lastly, the hostility on “fhp wouldn’t hire you” brings back how we hired a gang member, had a recruit give birth in the academy rest room, etc. Truth is, you tried to leave FHP and everyone rejected you. Anyone who leaves a PD or SO for here, is seaking slug status. It doesn’t take much IQ to work a traffic crash or get hired here.
    Ok bozo we all know who you are. Go and try to get a job. I'm sorry we fired you a few months ago for that little thing. Fricking slug

Unregistered
    It is illegal for a deputy to make an arrest for a crime outside of his county, unless it is a felony that is occurring in his presence. The compact agreement deals primarily with civil contractual issues and FEMA reimbursement.

Statewide mutual aid:
    https://www.floridadisaster.org/glob...mutual-aid.pdf

Statewide MOU:
    https://www.floridadisaster.org/glob...smaa-final.pdf

Nitty gritty details:
    https://www.floridadisaster.org/glob...ancepolicy.pdf
    As a SO detective I go make out of county arrests very often as criminal groups tend to travel around. Simple phone call will activate the mutual aid agreement, some agencies will send a Deputy others will ask if I need one. I usually take the help as it makes booking them into the host counties jail much faster.

You quoting the States agreement not the Sheriffs Compacts agreement. During many disasters I have worked in various counties doing partrol work. During Bike week, we go to Daytona, During Spring Break Bay County always has several various agencies come in and make arrests. To site there and try to spout off on something you know nothing about is funny. Stick to your Signal 4's and long forms bro.....

You guys called out our Auto theft unit the other night to recover a sig 10 at a rest stop because I quote the trooper "FHP does not issue us latent print kits" which is something that I have heard several times before...

Unregistered
    If you deputies & city cops are so confident about your superiority why are you here typing old, long, sad posts about said superiority?

Very telling.

Unregistered
    Somebody has to come around every now and again and chin check your B!tch a$$ back down to reality. Sorry if it made you sad....I’m glad!

If you deputies & city cops are so confident about your superiority why are you here typing old, long, sad posts about said superiority?

Very telling.

Unregistered
    To the heavy FHP Kool-aid drinkin “police the police”

Im with FHP in central Florida in the traffic homicide division. We would NEVER work a murder scene due to the lack of resources, meaning forensics, etc. (nor would our joke BCII work it). We are a division of Highway Safety And Motor Vehicle’s! That’s it! We aren’t even close to a State Police let alone a SO or PD. Truthfully, we shouldn’t even be called State Troopers and I’m not afraid to admit it. We are strictly highway patrol, that we can’t even take care of our highways due to man power issues.

Come on follow Troopers, provide the case number and the last time you worked a Robbery, burglary, theft, embezzlement, open door call, alarm call, MURDER?

NEVER! If we run into anything complex on our jurisdiction (the highway) we call the local PD or SO to work it. Which is probably the reason we don’t have a step plan or get raises every year.

This feud will never end but I’m not afraid to admit all we work are traffic related incidents. Brings a point, we can’t even take a s10 (stolen vehicle) report ?

Who shows up if you call 911? Sure isn’t FHP. People don’t even know what *FHP means. So lay off the locals and SO cause their the ones coming when a real crimes committed. That Includes you, your family, and relatives. Joke around all you want and say you’ll take care of it, but how ? We don’t even have latent print or DNA Swabs.

Lastly, the hostility on “fhp wouldn’t hire you” brings back how we hired a gang member, had a recruit give birth in the academy rest room, etc. Truth is, you tried to leave FHP and everyone rejected you. Anyone who leaves a PD or SO for here, is seaking slug status. It doesn’t take much IQ to work a traffic crash or get hired here.
    100% accurate

Unregistered

Thumbs up

The question is based on the following:

If troopers outrank city officers and county deputies, then please answer the following:
    • Can a trooper arrive on-scene at a bank robbery and "take over" the investigation from an officer or a deputy?
    • Can a trooper arrive on-scene at a domestic battery in a home and "take over" the investigation from an officer or a deputy?
    • Can a trooper arrive on-scene at a retail store theft and "take over" the investigation from an officer or a deputy?
    • Can a trooper arrive on-scene at an embezzling case at a corporation and "take over" the investigation from an officer or a deputy?
    • Can a trooper arrive on-scene at a murder scene in a public park and "take over" the investigation from an officer or a deputy?
    • And so on...

Can a trooper legally "take over" any of the above investigations from city officers or county deputies? Exactly HOW do troopers outrank city officers and county deputies? Pray tell?
    If it's state police, then yeah state troopers can outrank police and deputies. If it's state HIGHWAY PATROL, then no.

You're logic and comparison is embarrassingly laughable at this point.

Unregistered
    This is a dumbass thread that was debated here a couple of years ago. Nobody outranks the other, even in a state police agency. Only way a trooper in any state is going to take over an investigation from a local agency is if they are requested to by the local agency or by a state attorneys office. Everybody has their own agency mission and jurisdiction be it city, county or state in any state.

Unregistered
    The question is based on the following:

If troopers outrank city officers and county deputies, then please answer the following:
    • Can a trooper arrive on-scene at a bank robbery and "take over" the investigation from an officer or a deputy?
    • Can a trooper arrive on-scene at a domestic battery in a home and "take over" the investigation from an officer or a deputy?
    • Can a trooper arrive on-scene at a retail store theft and "take over" the investigation from an officer or a deputy?
    • Can a trooper arrive on-scene at an embezzling case at a corporation and "take over" the investigation from an officer or a deputy?
    • Can a trooper arrive on-scene at a murder scene in a public park and "take over" the investigation from an officer or a deputy?
    • And so on...

Can a trooper legally "take over" any of the above investigations from city officers or county deputies? Exactly HOW do troopers outrank city officers and county deputies? Pray tell?

Easy answer NO,,,, Your in the wrong state if you think that. Sheriffs are the Chief Law Enforcement Officer of all 67 counties in Florida. A trooper doesn't even have authority on a crash. A deputy can relieve them at any time. A trooper knows this and they are taught this in the academy. FHP is not a primary LE agency. They were placed here to assist the Sheriff's in the counties in need of more manpower. However if the Sheriffs Office usually needs help , THE FDLE has the investigative means to assist criminally. A Trooper in Florida is a law enforcement officer employed by the Dept of Hwy Safety and and Motor vehicles divi of hwy patrol. It is not a big deal. Ask any Trooper. He will tell you he or she is a second hand LEO

Unregistered
    Gotta admit the man has a valid point

Unregistered
    Easy answer NO,,,, Your in the wrong state if you think that. Sheriffs are the Chief Law Enforcement Officer of all 67 counties in Florida. A trooper doesn't even have authority on a crash. A deputy can relieve them at any time. A trooper knows this and they are taught this in the academy. FHP is not a primary LE agency. They were placed here to assist the Sheriff's in the counties in need of more manpower. However if the Sheriffs Office usually needs help , THE FDLE has the investigative means to assist criminally. A Trooper in Florida is a law enforcement officer employed by the Dept of Hwy Safety and and Motor vehicles divi of hwy patrol. It is not a big deal. Ask any Trooper. He will tell you he or she is a second hand LEO
    Some of the stuff I can agree. I dont know about relieving me at a crash at anytime, that's something that probably will not end good. BTW, the sheriff is not the ultimate law in the county. Sheriff can be investigated by FDLE at any time for wrongdoing and removed by the governor, so they are not untouchable. We all have different duties, I can personally investigate anything a deputy can. Domestics, theft, battery. If there was a murder, technically we don't have the resources, but I'm very sure that a well trained THI with the help of FDLE, can probably put a murder together. Law Enforcement is not rocket science, it's mostly having a brain and some common sense.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast