Do FHP troopers outrank city officers & deputies? - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Don’t forget the MOU signed by ALL Florida Sheriffs through the Sheriffs Association. Deputies can assist in ALL counties, and do. Look at the last hurricane. While FHP was cutting down trees and directing traffic in the affected areas, Deputies from all over Florida responded and took over LE duties to help out. Boom!

QUOTE=Unregistered;2969089]No, all are law enforcement officers, the only thing that differs is jurisdiction a city officer is confined to the city limits, a country officer is confined to the county limits and a state officer is confined to the state limits.

Other than that they all have the same training, enforcement and arrest powers.[/QUOTE]

Unregistered
    No papi. You don’t. FHP does not “police the police”. Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    We are called Florida Police Patrol

Police the Police, go FHP

Unregistered
    Don’t forget the MOU signed by ALL Florida Sheriffs through the Sheriffs Association. Deputies can assist in ALL counties, and do. Look at the last hurricane. While FHP was cutting down trees and directing traffic in the affected areas, Deputies from all over Florida responded and took over LE duties to help out. Boom!

QUOTE=Unregistered;2969089]No, all are law enforcement officers, the only thing that differs is jurisdiction a city officer is confined to the city limits, a country officer is confined to the county limits and a state officer is confined to the state limits.

Other than that they all have the same training, enforcement and arrest powers.
    [/QUOTE]

Its called the Florida Sheriffs Compact Agreement. And yes Sheriffs Deputies are authorized to make arrests in all 67 counties within the state through that agreement. Now most agencies have mutual restrictions that require at least a phone call to the county within you are making the arrest. But it is def very common for Sheriffs Deputies to make arrests in other counties. Which is also why when City Police respond to disaster relief they are sworn in as Sheriff's Deputies to respond to the event.

Unregistered
    Lmfaoo FHP wants to he a state police so bad it's funny. Y'all do not out rank the police or sheriff's offices. Please stop pretending you do. Its cute though, but yall are insufficient. Y'all are just a highway patrol. FDLE are the state investigators that come in on big time homicide investigations and such, and even then they only launch a parallel investigation to the police and sheriff's offices. They dont take over the scene."

Just because these snow birds give you an ego boost because they're misinformed and come from states w/ a state police, doesn't mean you are a state police. Ya jackwagon.

You guys are a joke. Hey, I worked for FHP and was tired of not being a cop, so I went to a PD where I can do the real thing. If you're tired too, I encourage a switch. Otherwise, accept who you are.

Unregistered
    Its called the Florida Sheriffs Compact Agreement. And yes Sheriffs Deputies are authorized to make arrests in all 67 counties within the state through that agreement. Now most agencies have mutual restrictions that require at least a phone call to the county within you are making the arrest. But it is definitely very common for Sheriffs Deputies to make arrests in other counties.
    It is illegal for a deputy to make an arrest for a crime outside of his county, unless it is a felony that is occurring in his presence. The compact agreement deals primarily with civil contractual issues and FEMA reimbursement.

Statewide mutual aid:
    https://www.floridadisaster.org/glob...mutual-aid.pdf

Statewide MOU:
    https://www.floridadisaster.org/glob...smaa-final.pdf

Nitty gritty details:
    https://www.floridadisaster.org/glob...ancepolicy.pdf

Unregistered
    FHP = Florida half police
    Triple A with a badge

Unregistered
    So.. your ace in the hole to show troopers out rank cops is you make arrests in other counties? Lol give me a break. Who gives a crap about where you make arrests? It's the type of arrest that are made which counts. Name the past time FHP made an arrest for felony battery, burglary, robbery ect... get a life poopers. You know where to go when you want to be cops.. if you can't get hired there then that's your problem.

Unregistered

Silly question

It is a silly question. Neither outranks the other, each can arrest the other if warranted. It is a bit like asking who in the trades is higher ranked, a plumber or an electrician ... the answer of course is it depends on what the mission is - each are trained differently. Either could do the other's normal job, but they have specialized skills from training and experience. Any plumber could probably change a light switch as could an electrician change out a faucet. I would not normally expect FHP to show up at a murder scene yet much prefer having them handle traffic fatalities than a Deputy. Is one scene more important than another? Depends, if it were one of my relatives, that would make it the most important. Now put the doughnut down and get back to work. Be safe.

Unregistered
    It is a silly question. Neither outranks the other, each can arrest the other if warranted. It is a bit like asking who in the trades is higher ranked, a plumber or an electrician ... the answer of course is it depends on what the mission is - each are trained differently. Either could do the other's normal job, but they have specialized skills from training and experience. Any plumber could probably change a light switch as could an electrician change out a faucet. I would not normally expect FHP to show up at a murder scene yet much prefer having them handle traffic fatalities than a Deputy. Is one scene more important than another? Depends, if it were one of my relatives, that would make it the most important. Now put the doughnut down and get back to work. Be safe.

Damn good reply right there! Thanks !

Unregistered
    To the heavy FHP Kool-aid drinkin “police the police”

Im with FHP in central Florida in the traffic homicide division. We would NEVER work a murder scene due to the lack of resources, meaning forensics, etc. (nor would our joke BCII work it). We are a division of Highway Safety And Motor Vehicle’s! That’s it! We aren’t even close to a State Police let alone a SO or PD. Truthfully, we shouldn’t even be called State Troopers and I’m not afraid to admit it. We are strictly highway patrol, that we can’t even take care of our highways due to man power issues.

Come on follow Troopers, provide the case number and the last time you worked a Robbery, burglary, theft, embezzlement, open door call, alarm call, MURDER?

NEVER! If we run into anything complex on our jurisdiction (the highway) we call the local PD or SO to work it. Which is probably the reason we don’t have a step plan or get raises every year.

This feud will never end but I’m not afraid to admit all we work are traffic related incidents. Brings a point, we can’t even take a s10 (stolen vehicle) report ?

Who shows up if you call 911? Sure isn’t FHP. People don’t even know what *FHP means. So lay off the locals and SO cause their the ones coming when a real crimes committed. That Includes you, your family, and relatives. Joke around all you want and say you’ll take care of it, but how ? We don’t even have latent print or DNA Swabs.

Lastly, the hostility on “fhp wouldn’t hire you” brings back how we hired a gang member, had a recruit give birth in the academy rest room, etc. Truth is, you tried to leave FHP and everyone rejected you. Anyone who leaves a PD or SO for here, is seaking slug status. It doesn’t take much IQ to work a traffic crash or get hired here.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast