Regional Communications Review Request - Page 3
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Speaking of uneducated...

What does having a college diploma have anything to do with communications experience and knowledge? Look at all the quacks at the county with bachelors and masters and more that are IN CHARGE of Regional Communications. They are the ones that ran Comm into the ground under the Carpani Regime. Lisa and Angie only have so much say. They control the people. That’s it. ORCAT controls the Radio, Phones, anything that plugs into a wall. The Police and Fire Chiefs dictate policy. The administrators just enforce what is decided. So if you have a problem with the way you are dispatched, take it up with your Chief because he/she is the one that voted for that policy. If you have a problem with equipment (CAD, Radios, etc.) take it up with ORCAT. Lisa and Angie have nothing to do with that. Now as for the morale issues and hiring and retention and all that blame away at LZ and AM but again know that they cant do certain things because of the County Contract. Read it. They want to give us a raise and extra steps and a Comm 4 position and ask for $1M for extra training and were told NO. So they do try (most of the time) but cant. I am not saying they are amazing leaders but they do what they can. Angie Mize is a brilliant person who not only can quote contracts and stats and the administrative BS but she isn’t far removed from the operation. She can still call take and dispatch and knows how to work the CAD. So can Lisa. And thats nice to see in a leader. She has not forgotten where she came from. I think it is very unfair to anonymously chastise people in a public forum when maybe you don’t fully understand the operation yourself. That’s not a dig, its an honest approach at conversation. Theres are three sides to every story and I just ask people to know all of the whole truths before making decisions or posts that could end someones career. If there are problems, which there are, lets discuss, lets try to fix. But lets not bash each other. I love my job and I take offense when people say things like everyone in administration got there because of being friends. I like to think I earned my spot. I think Comm has done some good things recently and we have an opportunity to do much better if we are given the reigns to do so. So maybe we should focus on giving power back to the people currently in charge because no matter if you put a big ole sworn cop in charge of comm or not they still dont get to decide - they follow county contract and they are limited to how much allowance the county will give. I guarantee that if you give Lisa and Angie the full powers that their positions deserve, you will see a huge change but when you keep teling them no what do we expect. Well anyways I wish everyone the best of luck. I hope everything turns out to be great for everyone. I hope people are given fair chances. I really do. I hope the Sheriff does amazing things in Broward - no matter who he/she may be. Im excited to see where we go from here

-Moser (If you have something to say because you believe in it so whole-heartedly, sign your name to it, it puts more weight to it)

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The dispatchers do deserve high risk, especially if they have mandatory overtime and higher work stress dealing with volume of calls they handle.
    They certainly do deserve higher pay for working overtime but I wouldn't label it "high risk".

Unregistered
    Hey Jody, nice of you to join in, we were waiting for you. Please tell me who earned those qa positions? I know you did because you are the best ever .... lol hahahahaha ha hold on......trying to stop laughing....anyway, back to seriousness. No one is blaming comm admin for the radios, everyone knows they have no say in that. What LZ does have control over is training, staffing, and budget. Why not cut the qa staff in half ( not JH, she earned it remember) and bring those people back to the floor since we are so short staffed. How about bringing dispatch back to ONE building. How about leading instead of putting your head in the sand and blaming the dispatchers and calling them ungrateful and at least they have jobs.
    I did not write any of this. Not sure why anyone thinks I did but ok. This thread is ridiculous. So much could be said but I wont, not here. If you wish to talk to me, you know where to find me. I'm at my desk and can easily be found. Or you can remain anonymous and continue to hide.
    -JH

Unregistered
    Hey Jody, nice of you to join in, we were waiting for you. Please tell me who earned those qa positions? I know you did because you are the best ever .... lol hahahahaha ha hold on......trying to stop laughing....anyway, back to seriousness. No one is blaming comm admin for the radios, everyone knows they have no say in that. What LZ does have control over is training, staffing, and budget. Why not cut the qa staff in half ( not JH, she earned it remember) and bring those people back to the floor since we are so short staffed. How about bringing dispatch back to ONE building. How about leading instead of putting your head in the sand and blaming the dispatchers and calling them ungrateful and at least they have jobs.
    Listen Miss Large and in Charge Marge if you have a problem with someone be an adult about it and put your biggggggggggg girl panties on and take it up with them in person.

Unregistered

And we all know that's a Lie

Both Lisa and Angie have had the ear of both the Sheriff Administration and ORCAT they helped to advocate the stupid EFD and EPD. They are the operators of the system and you just don't operate and have No Damn Say So.. only reason youre even in admin was because you got Favoritism along with Brandon. Strange how you both are now in admin.
    Most of us dispatchers have seen, and witnessed enough of the favoritism and destruction that came from Communications Administration. I'm sure most of you in admin. are terrified of the thought of possibly having to come back to the centers. Jody we all know you're such an amazing dispatcher and it's even strange how you got put in admin. With such amazing skills. And such a nasty attitude.
    Yet, the dispatchers in admin have such cushy schedules while we in the three regions are busting our butts while you all cruise the county and would sign out and not show up to the Communications centers remember L.J. no one knew where she was she came and went as she pleased.
    No one is watching the zoo and all the animals are running free.
    The training unit sucks has been since 2015 with MD now the current friends club in that unit is even worse. The retention sucks for new employees and how many were recently lost in this last class.
    This entire division is a smelly cesspool and Sheriff Tony or Colonel Anderson would do us all a favor if it finally gets corrected.
    Oh, don't air our dirty laundry, save Lisa she's so perfect.. No she came in and turned a stellar division into a living hell. The exit interviews of staff speaks volume. With Kinsey gone, she needs to be held accountable for what happened on her watch.
    She is ultimately responsible for ensuring that each employee have the necessary tools to do his or her job. So if the CAD was a failure and the radio system was a failure she should have been standing on Scott Isreal desk screaming or on Carponi or Bertha Henry's desk. No she didn't do it remember the bs about address verification and getting calls created and dispatched timely. So CAD freezing, crashing and radio system bonking and crashing was just an acceptable norm.
    How does a lack of education makes sense in running one of the most critical components of public safety. It doesn't. So if you got a great boost for being a favorite you're just as negligent.
    You made a great argument but the truth will always raise it's head. Truth is we know and you damn well know most of what we dispatchers have said is the damn truth.
    In both reports the airport and Stoneman Douglas the critical issue was what Communications.. This Is Not A Lie. If Sheriff Tony wants to see us we're in North, Central and South.

Unregistered
    They certainly do deserve higher pay for working overtime but I wouldn't label it "high risk".
    We are not asking for high rish. We are asking for special risk. That would be lovely!!

Unregistered
    Ignorance is bliss. Sheriff Tony should start with you because you are an uneducated uninformed cancer; in your words everyone is awful except you. You love your job you say well stay inform with best practices. One hand you say they are making the job too easy , so you want to work harder. No one makes useless rules there are standards that all acredited agencies have to follow.

QA is to help and make sure the public gets the same high quality service. Everyone is not burned out some don’t want to be held accountable for their actions. Get you facts straight people are not leaving every day and I don’t get mandated every day and the Duty Officers are not pulling 15 people everyday.

I pray Sheriff Tony meets with everyone and see through the bull. Changes are needed but you spewing inaccuracies is plain Ignorant. You want surveys ha ha so you can spew more venom. The Regional system could be great would be great without ignorance like yours.

So you say get rid of admin, the duty officers, site managers, then that leaves us with just us dispatchers. Ha see what happens to Communications then. Before you compare our agency with another make sure they are comparable to our agency.

Why you so get rid of Lisa and Angie when you would run to them to get your way. That sucks that means you are a user and for self. You are not for the good but selfish.

Leaving Motorola out of this as that’s way beyond Lisa and Angie. However Lisa does need to go. Angie maybe not so much as she’s brains behind the operation. Lisa is just around to look good and collect a pay check.

Lisa has 100% forgot what it’s like to be in the floor. The rules they make up is just beyond ridiculous. The site managers that are running the centers are useless. Most of the Duty Officers are lazy and do not stick up for the dispatchers or call takers when they are correct.

We now have another protocol to learn which is stupid. They are trying to turn us into robots. Basically so they can hire anyone as long as they speak English. They are making this job way too easy. Bet you didn’t know they lowered the standards to get into dispatch ten fold. The new people feel entitled and complain on everything. Our union doesn’t fight for us.

For instance we now have EMD,EFD,EPD and received no compensation for constantly having to do more and more however they are real quick to QA you when you mess up. No one in this place is on the same page. They mandate 10-15 people a night. They write people up for absolutely nothing. This place is nothing but a who’s balls are bigger.

Change needs to come. Do you see PBSO with this many issues? Do you see them losing as much staff as us? Do you see mandatory overtime every single day. We work 5 days a week and basically get pulled all 5 days unless you play the system. We get two days off but mandated on our Friday so our first day off is useless.

I get where the deputies are coming from but you all need to understand we are burnt out. Our division is nothing but burnt out employees who cannot get anything done without being yelled at. Don’t take me wrong there is people who work in dispatch that do everything they are supposed to and still get bent over and still come to work daily.

To the Sheriff and Under Sheriff please come save us. Please send out surveys or one on one interviews with each communications employee that is at wits end. We have people quitting left and right. We have people in positions they shouldn’t be in. Explain to me why a delta unit still has to keep up with his or hers job description including to responding to calls but we have supervisors who have not a clue how to dispatch or answer a phone anymore?

Every person in springs comm center still answers the phones and dispatches.

I guarantee you this sherif and under sheriff. Come down start some surveys or one on one talks with employees and you will be amazed. Hearing the bad things from one person is not enough. However I guarantee you will hear the same complaints over and over again.

Some of us love our job. Just not the favoritism and politics inside of communications.

Unregistered

Brown noser

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2969710]What does having a college diploma have anything to do with communications experience and knowledge? Look at all the quacks at the county with bachelors and masters and more that are IN CHARGE of Regional Communications. They are the ones that ran Comm into the ground under the Carpani Regime. Lisa and Angie only have so much say. They control the people. That’s it. ORCAT controls the Radio, Phones, anything that plugs into a wall. The Police and Fire Chiefs dictate policy. The administrators just enforce what is decided. So if you have a problem with the way you are dispatched, take it up with your Chief because he/she is the one that voted for that policy. If you have a problem with equipment (CAD, Radios, etc.) take it up with ORCAT. Lisa and Angie have nothing to do with that. Now as for the morale issues and hiring and retention and all that blame away at LZ and AM but again know that they cant do certain things because of the County Contract. Read it. They want to give us a raise and extra steps and a Comm 4 position and ask for $1M for extra training and were told NO. So they do try (most of the time) but cant. I am not saying they are amazing leaders but they do what they can. Angie Mize is a brilliant person who not only can quote contracts and stats and the administrative BS but she isn’t far removed from the operation. She can still call take and dispatch and knows how to work the CAD. So can Lisa. And thats nice to see in a leader. She has not forgotten where she came from. I think it is very unfair to anonymously chastise people in a public forum when maybe you don’t fully understand the operation yourself. That’s not a dig, its an honest approach at conversation. Theres are three sides to every story and I just ask people to know all of the whole truths before making decisions or posts that could end someones career. If there are problems, which there are, lets discuss, lets try to fix. But lets not bash each other. I love my job and I take offense when people say things like everyone in administration got there because of being friends. I like to think I earned my spot. I think Comm has done some good things recently and we have an opportunity to do much better if we are given the reigns to do so. So maybe we should focus on giving power back to the people currently in charge because no matter if you put a big ole sworn cop in charge of comm or not they still dont get to decide - they follow county contract and they are limited to how much allowance the county will give. I guarantee that if you give Lisa and Angie the full powers that their positions deserve, you will see a huge change but when you keep teling them no what do we expect. Well anyways I wish everyone the best of luck. I hope everything turns out to be great for everyone. I hope people are given fair chances. I really do. I hope the Sheriff does amazing things in Broward - no matter who he/she may be. Im excited to see where we go from here

-Moser (If you have something to say because you believe in it so whole-heartedly, sign your name to it, it puts more weight to it)[/QUOTE

You know nothing.

Unregistered
    Ignorance is bliss. Sheriff Tony should start with you because you are an uneducated uninformed cancer; in your words everyone is awful except you. You love your job you say well stay inform with best practices. One hand you say they are making the job too easy , so you want to work harder. No one makes useless rules there are standards that all acredited agencies have to follow.

QA is to help and make sure the public gets the same high quality service. Everyone is not burned out some don’t want to be held accountable for their actions. Get you facts straight people are not leaving every day and I don’t get mandated every day and the Duty Officers are not pulling 15 people everyday.

I pray Sheriff Tony meets with everyone and see through the bull. Changes are needed but you spewing inaccuracies is plain Ignorant. You want surveys ha ha so you can spew more venom. The Regional system could be great would be great without ignorance like yours.

So you say get rid of admin, the duty officers, site managers, then that leaves us with just us dispatchers. Ha see what happens to Communications then. Before you compare our agency with another make sure they are comparable to our agency.

Why you so get rid of Lisa and Angie when you would run to them to get your way. That sucks that means you are a user and for self. You are not for the good but selfish.
    This nails it!

Unregistered
    Haha cracks me up !!! If you got a problem tell me I’m all ears .... Sorry your life is so boring you got to worry about me but best wishes to ya and yes green is my favorite color just like the money I’m making 😂😂

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast