Radio's

Thread: Radio's

Unregistered

Radio's

Why don't our radio's work inside buildings? I'm talking about any building or structure. Even my trailer!

How come this has never been addressed?
    Officer safety issue!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why don't our radio's work inside buildings? I'm talking about any building or structure. Even my trailer!

Officer safety issue!
    Fake news. Fhp is aware and is in a bidding war with SpaceX and Boeing for the next radios. They will have signals that can reach space. They will be the size of microchips that are going to be installed into our uniforms and it will detect radio transmission through the electric energy produced by our minds, so you won’t even have to talk. It will also give back rubs. So far the lowest bidder is at 15k per radio.

On another subject, Fhp employees can’t afford milk and bread.

Unregistered

Officer safety issue!
    Ummmmm, maybe because troopers aren't supposed to go into buildings? That's for cops. You guys are supposed to stay working crashes and writing tickets. Learn your place.

Unregistered
    The state of FL was focused on money versus system performance and mutual aid capability. Rather than directing the money towards more tower sites to improve coverage and enabling seamless interop, they wanted to make sure the system was secure so the bad guys don’t hear “copy Signal 4 India.” It was supposed to be state-of-the-art and it is exactly the opposite.

I can’t tell you how many times my portable says “CC SCAN” and I have to call in. Also how many calls have happened where we can’t talk to the agency assisting because both dispatch centers can’t figure out how to patch the channels. In-building coverage? Forget it. Even common sports arenas. Meanwhile the county I work in, their SO can talk to all of the neighboring counties with just a couple clicks though the radio. No need to ask dispatch to patch. They’re using the same vendor and radio model too.

The FL state system is one of the few state radio systems in the US that doesn’t have large agencies jumping at the opportunity to use it. Those agencies know they are better off designing their own system that actually works because they put a priority in LEO safety by making sure it WORKS first and foremost. The only agencies that piggyback on the FL system are podunk counties, too poor afford their own. So, we are effectively on our own, as usual by design.

I’m told a new radio system is “in the works” but I don’t have any confidence it will work as they say it will. It’s just another project managed by a new breed of Tally morons who are completely out of touch. It will have money spent on features we don’t need, we still won’t be able to transmit inside buildings, or talk to other agencies without some convoluted procedure. But hey, it’s the FHP way! Only the best!

Unregistered
    They just don’t. So don’t go places it doesn’t work.

Unregistered
    Fake news. Fhp is aware and is in a bidding war with SpaceX and Boeing for the next radios. They will have signals that can reach space. They will be the size of microchips that are going to be installed into our uniforms and it will detect radio transmission through the electric energy produced by our minds, so you won’t even have to talk. It will also give back rubs. So far the lowest bidder is at 15k per radio.

On another subject, Fhp employees can’t afford milk and bread.
    To many fat Troopers. Can’t believe they are not getting plenty of milk and bread. Drama queens have to have drama.

Unregistered
    What did troopers do before radios?

Unregistered
    What did troopers do before radios?
    Smoke signals

Unregistered
    The requirement when the State did the bid for the radios the requirement was 85% coverage on the portables and 98% on the mobiles. DMS owns the radio system, not FHP. The problem is that FHP pays a fee to DMS for them to manage the tower sites and FHP buys the radios. There is a new radio in works, the problem is agencies are not ready to pony up the money to upgrade the radios.

Unregistered
    The requirement when the State did the bid for the radios the requirement was 85% coverage on the portables and 98% on the mobiles. DMS owns the radio system, not FHP. The problem is that FHP pays a fee to DMS for them to manage the tower sites and FHP buys the radios. There is a new radio in works, the problem is agencies are not ready to pony up the money to upgrade the radios.
    No money... Sounds like a recurring problem with just about everything FHP has ever been involved in.