Another great deputy being smeared
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unregistered

Another great deputy being smeared

Deputy Abato is a fine deputy being targeted by Chitwood to garner attention to try and disassociate himself with suspended Sheriff Israel. The truth is that they are completely alike, especially in policy, crime cataloging and also promotions. Not that I believe the news media, but they all report that Abato was securing or arresting a suspect. Did Chitwood want Abato to secure in his patrol car and then proceed to deal with the situation? Leave the prisoner unattended. Thats not policy, is it? Maybe ask the principal to watch his prisoner, nope, not policy! Did Chitwood expect Abato to bring his detained/arrested suspect in tow, possibly causing him harm and liability to the agency. That's not policy either, is it? It is Shitwoods policy to damage the great deputies we employ in Volusia. This would be #3 by my calculations! John Szabo, Andrew Jenkins and now Anthony Abato. All great men, irreplaceable in my eyes. Chitwood used Abato to gain attention from Parkland and to push his agenda. This is nothing more than a political point being pushed by a ding dong Sheriff who punishes all for nothing. So, the point to my post is; what did Abato do wrong other than make the agency look good? When will the Sheriff take the lead of the fine men who protect us. This is the reason why I fear his total control with ammendment 10. The truth is that VCSO is 72 positions short! When do we call it a critical low, how many more. His antics are driving his men to drink, literally! The rookie who fled was a new deputy recruited by Chitwood, wasn't he. This is the quality of deputy that will work under Chitwood! This is the quality we have to accept now. It's not the drinking and driving that bothers me... It's the fleeing and alluding that I have an issue with. If I were there, I would drink too! So, why is he so silent on this issue? Why isn't he all over the media calling them knuckleheads 🤔 I'll tell you, because ultimately it makes him look bad. The News Journal is so far up Chitwoods ass, a proctologist couldn't retrieve Pat or Patricio.

Unregistered
    I agree that Amato is getting screwed. You have to love Monday morning quarterbacking. Amato asked to have a patrol unit go handle the air soft pistol incident. If he let did not perform his duties with the Baker Act and the Baker Act went on a killing spree just imagine the uproar. The Monday morning quarterbacks would really have Amato's head.

Amato is just another pawn for Chitwood to use. Maybe we can use guardians in high schools now.

Unregistered
    There is one thing that Chitwood kept in place that Ben used. That is using the courthouse for a dumping ground for deputies he did not like. I wonder how Eddie Hart likes the courthouse. And add Amato to the list of the deputies serving purgatory at the courthouse. Eddie was not a guardian and Amato handled a call correctly.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    There is one thing that Chitwood kept in place that Ben used. That is using the courthouse for a dumping ground for deputies he did not like. I wonder how Eddie Hart likes the courthouse. And add Amato to the list of the deputies serving purgatory at the courthouse. Eddie was not a guardian and Amato handled a call correctly.
    That courthouse sure is safe now! Cant say the same for schools. Why is Ben compared to that jackwad, Ben is gone. To compare the 2 is redundant and absurd! I do not recall Ben destroying anyones career who didn't deserve it. Fill me in if you see differently... From what I know Ben gave chances, maybe too many? Not for me to judge though. Ben never ran the agency at a critical low. Were there vacancies, YUP, sure was. Was the number ever 72? Didn't think so. Close to 25% short on staff is the reason crime is up. Chitwood can manipulate that too. It's bad enough that were short but he magnifies the problem and adds to the shortage

Unregistered
    Who's next? Lets guess who is next on Chitwoods chopping block.

Unregistered
    Different spanks for different ranks. Deputy Abato handled a stressful baker act incident and requested a fellow deputy handle a toy pistol incident. Chitwood recognized the opportunity to have the media glorify him. So he alerted the media that Abato made a bad decision and was being transferred to the courthouse.

Go back a year or so and look at how Chitwood handled a call on Lake Ruby road. He had to have the SWAT save him and put numerous deputies (including himself) and citizens in peril. What came of it? Nothing. Chitwood did not alert the media to this incident. Such is the different spanks for different ranks we have grown accustomed to with Chitwood.

Just waiting for the incident when he punishes a deputy for causing a crash on the interstate, goes UNQ on the range, speeds and has the speed lowered, etc, etc.

Unregistered
    I have no quarrel with the decision to review Deputy Abato’s response for the purpose of determining whether he followed policies and procedures and acted appropriately to the circumstances. This is a standard process that’s utilized when corrective action may be necessary. My beef is that Chitwood placing Abato under investigation, transferring him to the courthouse and blabbing about it to the media has nothing to do with correcting a possible error in judgment. Chitwood is simply doing what he does best, and that is whoring himself to the media, acting out of his own self-interest and throwing a deputy under the bus to suit his political agenda. Not to mention that Chitwood has violated Abato’s due process rights by publicly airing out the alleged infraction before any actual investigating has taken place. Awful leadership!

Unregistered

Chitwood claims on TV that Abato was sorry for his lapse in judgement and accepts fault. Hmmm, I see it as a guy who doesn't want to contest his boss and face those consequences which will certainly be worse! The fact is that Abato would have had to call for assistance for his 10/15, or assistance for the airsoft call. In my opinion he made the right call by saving time and directing the other deputy to take the call. That saved time, precious time if the threat were more serious. I cannot wait to read the ROI and findings... Certainly Abato will only recieve a written reprimand for accepting his lashings rather than disputing them. Chitwood is very much in line with our local government and judicial system. If a defendant fights his charges and opts to go to trial, the sentence is much harsher. Just accept your punishment (wont be harsh) and move on. LETS MAKE A DEAL. But in the meantime, you have another great deputy hung out to dry. Society and VCSO have a f***ed up outlook and concept. You do not post pics of deputies arrested for crimes, but you publically blast and release his pics on TV and social media, then the Sheriff says Abato has a great record! Even more disturbing is that the ROI is not complete and the Sheriff releases information. A Sheriff who has your back would never do that! A professional would examine the facts and listen to the deputies defense. Not throw his file photo out and basically tell citizens that this is the deputy who didnt do his job and endangered our children's safety. Maybe Abato was being a guardian before being a warrior

Unregistered
    Chitwood claims on TV that Abato was sorry for his lapse in judgement and accepts fault. Hmmm, I see it as a guy who doesn't want to contest his boss and face those consequences which will certainly be worse! The fact is that Abato would have had to call for assistance for his 10/15, or assistance for the airsoft call. In my opinion he made the right call by saving time and directing the other deputy to take the call. That saved time, precious time if the threat were more serious. I cannot wait to read the ROI and findings... Certainly Abato will only recieve a written reprimand for accepting his lashings rather than disputing them. Chitwood is very much in line with our local government and judicial system. If a defendant fights his charges and opts to go to trial, the sentence is much harsher. Just accept your punishment (wont be harsh) and move on. LETS MAKE A DEAL. But in the meantime, you have another great deputy hung out to dry. Society and VCSO have a f***ed up outlook and concept. You do not post pics of deputies arrested for crimes, but you publically blast and release his pics on TV and social media, then the Sheriff says Abato has a great record! Even more disturbing is that the ROI is not complete and the Sheriff releases information. A Sheriff who has your back would never do that! A professional would examine the facts and listen to the deputies defense. Not throw his file photo out and basically tell citizens that this is the deputy who didnt do his job and endangered our children's safety. Maybe Abato was being a guardian before being a warrior
    The last deputy to publicly question Chitwood got fired (Szabo). Abato will just go with the flow (like Eddie Hart and others) until he is able to retire. The only bad thing is that Abato will now have a blemish on his record. But that is the way of Chitwood. Get out while you still can.

Unregistered
    The last deputy to publicly question Chitwood got fired (Szabo). Abato will just go with the flow (like Eddie Hart and others) until he is able to retire. The only bad thing is that Abato will now have a blemish on his record. But that is the way of Chitwood. Get out while you still can.
    Hehe, I have one better than that... The Sheriff promised Jenkins that he would not be fired if he decided to challenge. We all know what happened next. Courthouse duty until he got his walking papers and literally stripped in the courthouse parking lot! I am appalled that VCSO and their administrators cannot find a more appropriate way to conduct their business... How hard was it to wait for the AVL to register he's home. Give the guy a chance to shower and decompress, then 2 senior officers relieve the deputy of his county property. You dont strip someone in a courthouse parking lot. That puts the deputies in danger! What if some thug saw what happened? It was the Daytona courthouse parking lot, keep in mind. 5 people know this ☝️ as fact... The 2 superiors, the courthouse deputy who came out to assist Andrew, Andrew himself and me. Call me a liar... You guys are scared to stand up in fear of being kicked down. Abato was not wrong! Jenkins was not wrong! Szabo was not wrong! The only difference was that Abato broke the trend. Good for him, he is a man and can decide for himself. Myself I would have fought and fought to keep my name. It's sad to think of the level of expertise lost to Chitwood and his policies. Many great people evaporated from the VCSO, most within 6 months. I checked with HR, Jenkins hearing is scheduled 2/8 and 2/11. Wish him luck or bring support. Either way, it's about time! And as Szabo would say, that's just more money he is going to get

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast