More Broward Politics - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    DeSantis lined his campaign coffers with money from Parkland in return for Israel’s ouster. That POS deserved it. Instead of finding a true law enforcement administrator with institutional knowledge he picked Mr. Pollack’s recommendation. Pollack and Gregory Tony worked out at the same gym and that’s how they met. I’m not talking shit about Gregory Tony but there were dozens of more qualified LE professionals better suited for this appointment including many African Americans (one of them retired from BSO two years ago). I’m a Republican but DeSantis has lost my vote next time around.
    You should live here for a while. Many new and improved Captains have come and gone from the district and it hasn't solved the big problems. Too soon to see if Mulligan will be different. Do you want to know why some residents don't have confidence that another insider would be the solution?

One example: the intermittent resident who got immunity after he helped dump Lynn Friend over the side of the boat years ago. He's a problem to say the least. His believable claim that he was close with you know who and his "I dare you to call 911" stance ? As a proven dangerous guy, who is undeterred by the threat of a 911 call, It's not worth the risk. Does this mean that today, with a new Sheriff, if there would be a need to make a 911 call, that we're safer from this cat; or is he still an untouchable? That's only ONE of the scary characters who lurks around here. People wont report crime when there's of a lack of confidence and low expectation of enforcement. They buy a better security system and grow the hedges higher.
    We are very hopeful that the new Sheriff, from the outside, will look at things from a different perspective and not through the eyes of community policing. As we have all learned 49 visits to a house later, some individuals are just dangerous.

Unregistered
    DeSantis lined his campaign coffers with money from Parkland in return for Israel’s ouster. That POS deserved it. Instead of finding a true law enforcement administrator with institutional knowledge he picked Mr. Pollack’s recommendation. Pollack and Gregory Tony worked out at the same gym and that’s how they met. I’m not talking shit about Gregory Tony but there were dozens of more qualified LE professionals better suited for this appointment including many African Americans (one of them retired from BSO two years ago). I’m a Republican but DeSantis has lost my vote next time around.
    Please define your interpretation of "qualified".
    I've been in this job for quite a long time and know how administrators get bounced around from unit to unit to supervise so they can pad their resume.
    This way they can say "I was in charge of______, and____".
    On paper, someone can look very qualified when in actuality, they don't know a damn thing.

Unregistered
    Fondo 2020
    Horrible choice, sorry but doesnt stand a chance....
    Not what we need. Cady, Harris, Chin Ballante etc..etc.
    Nope Not gonna happen

Unregistered
    Horrible choice, sorry but doesnt stand a chance....
    Not what we need. Cady, Harris, Chin Ballante etc..etc.
    Nope Not gonna happen
    Undersheriff Meerah!!!!! Hes hot

Unregistered
    I fully agree

Unregistered
    Please define your interpretation of "qualified".
    I've been in this job for quite a long time and know how administrators get bounced around from unit to unit to supervise so they can pad their resume.
    This way they can say "I was in charge of______, and____".
    On paper, someone can look very qualified when in actuality, they don't know a damn thing.
    No disrespect to you but you been on the job for quite a while and you need me to describe for you what a qualified LE administrator is. I’ve been around for a while too and I have a pretty clear idea. Be safe out there.

Unregistered
    This is our life. Get use to it.

Unregistered
    Get ready to become the Coral Springs sheriff's office they're going to institute stupid policies that screw their guys over all the time up there.

Unregistered

Captain

What about Captain Ira Goldberg?

Unregistered
    Get ready to become the Coral Springs sheriff's office they're going to institute stupid policies that screw their guys over all the time up there.
    You mean like mandatory vests requirements when working traffic in 100° heat? Or shoulder mics on radios that don't work to begin with? Or body cam deployments for cats in trees? Or not being able to utilize our computer aided dispatch to aid dispatch via computer? Or the I tapped someone on the shoulder better do a use of force? Or the I thought about activating my blue lights, better do a persuit form? Or the infamous "may" go in policy? You mean stupider than those?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast