Bottom Line

Thread: Bottom Line

Unregistered

Bottom Line

I got hired in mid 1988, under then Sheriff Navarro. From my hire date up until now, I have seen Sheriff's get voted out, die while in office, get removed from office for felony convictions, etc. When the new Sheriff took over, I still came to work and did what was expected of me according to department policy. There was no real noticeable change for the better. Throughout it all, I stayed as neutral as Switzerland. I was never a "cheerleader" for a sitting sheriff, or one that was running for office.

I plan to retire later this year after 32 years of service. Still in good health and financially secure.

I sincerely wish everyone the best. This agency (BSO) will NEVER recover from the MSD incident.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I got hired in mid 1988, under then Sheriff Navarro. From my hire date up until now, I have seen Sheriff's get voted out, die while in office, get removed from office for felony convictions, etc. When the new Sheriff took over, I still came to work and did what was expected of me according to department policy. There was no real noticeable change for the better. Throughout it all, I stayed as neutral as Switzerland. I was never a "cheerleader" for a sitting sheriff, or one that was running for office.

I plan to retire later this year after 32 years of service. Still in good health and financially secure.

I sincerely wish everyone the best. This agency (BSO) will NEVER recover from the MSD incident.
    Good advice. Good luck in your well deserved retirement.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Being neutral definitely helps you survive in a occupation such as this one! Good luck to you!!!

Unregistered
    Sometimes you have to take a stand for what’s right. Enjoy retirement soon but some of us have seen the show as long as you, but can’t stay quiet any longer. Enough is enough. BSO will recover but not forgotten in a negative way.

Unregistered
    not always easy or popular to stay under the radar. but it will help prolong your career. it means not hanging out in all the cliques or getting invites to parties, events etc. at the end of the day, you head for home and that's all that matters. out over a year and zero regrets.