The Great Sheriffs - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    The Governor can only SUSPEND a Sheriff pending a Senate hearing where he must be voted out of office by legislative vote. The Govenor cannot *fire a Sheriff. Israel in Broward County was only SUSPENDED pending legislative review.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The Governor can only SUSPEND a Sheriff pending a Senate hearing where he must be voted out of office by legislative vote. The Govenor cannot *fire a Sheriff. Israel in Broward County was only SUSPENDED pending legislative review.
    Tomatoes tomatos

Unregistered
    pOliCe ThE pOLiCe wE aRe tHe eLiTe

keep telling yourself that 3 times a day....it will make the 25 years of writing tickets and working shift work go by faster

fLoRiDa’S mOsT eLiTe AgEnCy

Unregistered
    Tomatoes tomatos
    Not really. The other poster incorrectly claimed that Sheriff’s work for the Govenor and can be fired by him. Not true.

Unregistered

Chief LEO

You're not too Sharp. The Sheriff is the Chief LEO of the county and his boss is the Governor..not the county commission. Thats not a question to a Sheriff. 66 out of 67 counties know this Miami Dade is a Charter county that answers to the county commission. Guess they don't teach that at the Pat Thomas Academy

CHALLENGE anyone to point the rest of us to the source that states the Sheriff is the chief LEO?

While I know it’s common to say this, and I believe the Sheriff is the only constitutional LEO in a county - WHERE does anything dictate that the Sheriff is over and above (i.e. Chief) all other LEO’s?

Unregistered
    I’ve looked, but don’t know.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12