Bso
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bso

Unregistered

Bso

Gov. Ron DeSantis will suspend embattled Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel over the handling of the 2018 mass shooting, in which 17 students and teachers were killed by a former student.

Unregistered
    This is Miami meng. Vete pa la pinga.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Gov. Ron DeSantis will suspend embattled Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel over the handling of the 2018 mass shooting, in which 17 students and teachers were killed by a former student.
    “If you see your neighbor's beard on fire, water your own.” Lafcadio Hearn

Since the Parkland massacre and subsequent exposure of Sheriff Israel’s glaring incompetence, what proactive investigative protocol, coordination with State Mental Health Officials and SAO has Chief Jorge Colina implemented to thwart such future carnage?

Unregistered
    I don’t know, Mag. What would you do? #StayRetired

Unregistered
    I thought I saw Ortiz standing in the background

Unregistered
    I wonder what kind of experience a Sgt. can bring to the table for the top law enforcement officer in Broward??

Unregistered
    I wonder what kind of experience a Sgt. can bring to the table for the top law enforcement officer in Broward??
    Excellent question! Alas, often politics obfuscate commonsense. While former Sergeant Tony may be an authority on Active Shooter scenarios, leading and managing an agency as large, complex and diverse as BSO require more than we have read Tony brings to the office. Appointing him to a command rank, captain or higher, in charge of Active Shooting, training and response, would have been ideal. Sadly, haste makes waste and in this case we hope not. A more prudent action would have been to provisionally appoint a senior command person from within FDLE, until Broward voters elect their next sheriff. A person versed in, for examples, the nuances within Florida Statutes, Chapter 30, SHERIFFS, Chapter 45, CIVIL PROCEDURE, Chapter 112, PUBLIC OFFICERS AND EMPLOYEES, Chapter 394, FLORIDA MENTAL HEALTH ACT, CHAPTER 951, COUNTY AND MUNICIPAL PRISONERS; particularly Section 951.061 Designation of sheriff as chief correctional officer; duties and Chapter CHAPTER 943, DEPARTMENT OF LAW ENFORCEMENT, to cite the most salient.

If Tony is astute, and we hope he is, he will appoint a command staff that will complement him regarding the above cited statutory mandates, and will listen to their advice, recommendations with an objective ear. Resolutely deciding always on what is in the best public safety interest of those today he swore to sere and protect.

Unregistered
    BSO Sheriff's appointment should have been the job for Lube. No person in Law Enforcement would have brought in the experience, knowledge -- in more than policing -- and charisma than our very own Lube.

Unregistered
    Exposito would have been the right man for the job.

Unregistered
    Exposito would have been the right man for the job.
    **** yea. TOS all over again. I’d quit here and go there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast