Troopers with attitudes

Unregistered

Troopers with attitudes

Why are troopers such ****s to other cops. Is it because they are treated so bad by the state or something else.

Unregistered
    Give respect to get respect.

Unregistered
    Attitudes come from being glorified security guards with a badge. It’s an embarrassment to wear that uniform like I did long ago. Highway Patrol Troopers work crashes, and assist disabled vehicles (why they are called Highway Patrol). They are far from understanding what an actual cop does. Crashes / DUI / and traffic stops, do not count toward Leo work. But Troopers with no experience besides FHP are to unedumacated to understand this. In the end when the public calls 911, troopers aren’t coming.. unless it’s to direct traffic.

Never had the attitude but know many that did. Most have either been fired in FTO at a PD or SO and get picked up by FHP or get denied when they apply to a PD or SO because FHP does limited background checks. Then have a hard on for the other agencies since they got fired. From my experience FHP has a very low hiring standard and qualification requirement. (19 years old, same job for a couple years, and your in).

Little over a year ago they had a gang member in the academy “they missed in the requirement screening.” Poor pay, limited resources, and a place that hires the misfits causes these attitudes.

Don’t take it to heart. Be happy when one actually shows up to take your crash. It’s been like this for 80 years and it’s not gonna change. We need them out there working crashes so we can keep the citizens safe.

Unregistered
    Takes a lot to be the best of the best, These Troopers are under so much stress just seeing your dumb green uniforms gives them ptsd since the color of the grass by their favorite spot to hide is also green.

Unregistered
    So many want professional courtesy and breaks. Troopers don't make the laws, they just enforce them. That is what they are paid to do. Laws were put into affect, not by troopers, but buy law makers, who, based on studies, decided that certain laws were necessary, to keep people safe from injuries and death. Seriously, the majority of the public drive like idiots so why add to that? You should know better and want to modify your behavior based on them. No matter how petty you think such laws are, troopers are doing what they are PAID to do. Knowing that, should you get caught, no matter who the trooper, and what they say, should they decide to ticket you, take it, pay it, take responsibility for your actions, and, hopefully, learn from it. Doesn't matter what you "real" police think, troopers know what they were getting into, and they decided to do this. Why anyone has to bash them is beyond me. No one knows who they are pulling over because of a "petty" speeding infraction, or a red light runner, or the "rolling" stop sign offender. Drugs? Kidnapper? Murderer? Bank robber? You never know. Criminals are stupid and Troopers are just as much in danger as you city and county cops are with each stop they make. Not to mention the traffic homicides they encounter because of such "petty" infractions. You think shootings and stabbings are bad? How about dismemberment, scalpings, impalements, beheadings, dead children , all because of minor traffic infractions? If you really think Troopers are glorified meter maids, and minor traffic laws are an inconvenience, you have no clue, and I welcome you to stand in a Troopers shoes. Work those crashes, notify the next of kin, tell them that their, son, daughter, husband, wife, is dead because someone decided to run a red light, run a stop sign, haul ass down the road they thought was clear to turn on to. The ones who thought that they were only buzzed, could drive and miscalculated their turn, only to be tboned because of that. The one who was so drunk they run off the road at a high speed into a tree or telephone pole. The ones who thought a little pot wouldn't cause their miscalculation in a car turning and end up killing someone else, a father, a husband, a wife, a mother, a son, a daughter. a brother, a sister. It really is a shame that departments have to bash each other rather than support and help each other. Although we may see the horrors of the world in different ways, we all suffer the trauma.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Attitudes come from being glorified security guards with a badge. It’s an embarrassment to wear that uniform like I did long ago. Highway Patrol Troopers work crashes, and assist disabled vehicles (why they are called Highway Patrol). They are far from understanding what an actual cop does. Crashes / DUI / and traffic stops, do not count toward Leo work. But Troopers with no experience besides FHP are to unedumacated to understand this. In the end when the public calls 911, troopers aren’t coming.. unless it’s to direct traffic.

Never had the attitude but know many that did. Most have either been fired in FTO at a PD or SO and get picked up by FHP or get denied when they apply to a PD or SO because FHP does limited background checks. Then have a hard on for the other agencies since they got fired. From my experience FHP has a very low hiring standard and qualification requirement. (19 years old, same job for a couple years, and your in).

Little over a year ago they had a gang member in the academy “they missed in the requirement screening.” Poor pay, limited resources, and a place that hires the misfits causes these attitudes.

Don’t take it to heart. Be happy when one actually shows up to take your crash. It’s been like this for 80 years and it’s not gonna change. We need them out there working crashes so we can keep the citizens safe.
    DUI, citations, crashes arent police work? You keep the citizens safe? Citrus Deputies had to call us because they couldnt handle a stolen vehicle and it almost got one of our guys killed but hey we stopped him where a Deputy could not. What's it like living with a disability?

Unregistered
    Troopers are great at crashes I will admit. But domestic calls I'd be nervous if one showed up as a 94 do to training differences. We get calls for them for backups on Alligator Alley. But they are CSA's with guns.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Troopers are great at crashes I will admit. But domestic calls I'd be nervous if one showed up as a 94 do to training differences. We get calls for them for backups on Alligator Alley. But they are CSA's with guns.
    Not sure what Troopers are working in Alligator Alley, but in my part of the state 70% of our district Troopers are prior LEO including myself. PDs and SOs. So I guess things are a bit different here with how this district runs when it comes to domestic situations we roll up on, or assisting X49. Yes I have went X15 when dispatched to a S22H, and I wouldn’t let a deputy take it. My highway, my case. Now, what pisses me off is that I have seen some of these new 5’01 children come out of the academy and have no idea what’s going on in these situations though. There’s was a recruit that came out in our area, passed FTO somehow, and a month later had a S22H he was scared to go to. Ended up closing the call out with notes after X49 said they wouldn’t work it since it was on a limited access facility. And yes there was a victim. Suspect was X12. No arrest, no report, no nothing. I guess he decided he wasn’t cut out for what “could” happen. Too many children wanting this state is hiring that want to wear the uniform and not take on the responsibility that comes with it. And our academy / FTOs don’t prepare them for the “what could” happen-s either