Applicant - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Applicant

Unregistered
    Dude you are a joke I write reports daily and have a bachelors degree. This is a forum get over yourself.

Unregistered
    If you came on this forum for anything other than to be trashed on. You're in the right spot. This forum and I mean ALL agencies on here are nothing but trash talking and negativity about their agency. Not a good source of info. Take some advice and if you are new to this business. STAY AWAY from this site.

Unregistered

Thumbs up SSO is politicized at the very top

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    If you came on this forum for anything other than to be trashed on. You're in the right spot. This forum and I mean ALL agencies on here are nothing but trash talking and negativity about their agency. Not a good source of info. Take some advice and if you are new to this business. STAY AWAY from this site.
    That is absolutely no different than the politics that exists within the Sarasota Sheriff's Office, starting from the very top down. The higher up you go inside the SSO administration, the more it becomes "snakes eating snakes." It's impossible to be shielded from politics, unless you're in bed with key people. Kurt Hoffman, you do agree with that, right? Mike MeRcUri0 most certainly agrees!

SSO politics even bleeds into the public forum, with the most recent incident being when Tom Knight got caught using department equipment to text insults about other elected officials by calling them names. The newspaper printed it and Knight never once apologized for calling Shirley Brown names, even after Knight's insults were posted in the paper. Here is a link to SSO politics, starting at the very top:

https://www.heraldtribune.com/news/2...superintendent

Be truthful!

Unregistered

What goes on behind closed curtains....

Law enforcement is a sewer and anyone who thinks otherwise has never worked in it -- or is still a rookie wearing rose colored glasses. An old timer instructor used to repeatedly tell us: "Familiarity breeds contempt" -- meaning that once people find out who and what we really are, then they lose respect for us -- and then they have nothing but contempt for us. There is a lot of truth in that statement. For example, once people see behind the curtain, then they become totally disgusted with what they see and hear. Fortunately, the vast majority of people will NEVER be able to see behind the curtain! Conversely, this website (all agencies -- not just one single agency) is a small taste of the ugly truth that is hidden behind closed curtains.

Unregistered
    Dude you are a joke I write reports daily and have a bachelors degree. This is a forum get over yourself.
    I have written reports for more than 25 years and I too, have a bachelor's degree. The joke is you. Whether you're on a forum or in court, how you speak and/or write defines your intelligence, or lack thereof.

Unregistered
    That is absolutely no different than the politics that exists within the Sarasota Sheriff's Office, starting from the very top down. The higher up you go inside the SSO administration, the more it becomes "snakes eating snakes." It's impossible to be shielded from politics, unless you're in bed with key people. Kurt Hoffman, you do agree with that, right? Mike MeRcUri0 most certainly agrees!

SSO politics even bleeds into the public forum, with the most recent incident being when Tom Knight got caught using department equipment to text insults about other elected officials by calling them names. The newspaper printed it and Knight never once apologized for calling Shirley Brown names, even after Knight's insults were posted in the paper. Here is a link to SSO politics, starting at the very top:

https://www.heraldtribune.com/news/2...superintendent

Be truthful!

You a so negative and brain washed in your views. Its really time for you to retire. Stop trying to force your jaded views on other people. You get a good paycheck, pension, The agency is growing in the right direction. A lot of great promotions. Its a ashamed you are no negative and half glass empty in life. You should find a hobby and get out more. Their wayyyy much more than stressing over little stuff just like every job has. Let the applicant find out for him or herself. This is a great agency. I came from another agency. I have seen worse. Good luck in your process and don't let a few knuckle heads change your mind when they are in the minority I assure you. Do your job and go home to your family. You're a number and you'll be fine.

Unregistered
    You sound like some retired guy who has come back got mad quit come back got mad quit come back got mad quit come back got mad quit come back got mad quit. Thanks for the advice.

Unregistered
    Let the applicant find out for him or herself. You're just a number and...
    LOL yep, just a number. The paychecks are totally awesome, but the internal cut-throat politics at the top are a toxic cesspool. Everybody knows who the good eggs are and who the rotten eggs are. It's no secret. And you know it's true!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12