Letter to Editor Jan 9, 2019 - Patrol I-75 Gainesville Sun - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Unregistered
    There is something seriously wrong when there are no troopers on the interstate and there are 4 or 5 sitting at the station and another 4 or 5 in special units hiding somewhere. That leaves one or two jumping from one parking lot dent to another. It's never going to get better and I have a feeling everyone is OK with that.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    There is something seriously wrong when there are no troopers on the interstate and there are 4 or 5 sitting at the station and another 4 or 5 in special units hiding somewhere. That leaves one or two jumping from one parking lot dent to another. It's never going to get better and I have a feeling everyone is OK with that.
    It's not just I-75.

I never see troopers when I travel on I-95 either. Only parts of I-10 where the deputies are out there too, do you really see FHP on the interstate.

It has a lot to do with the minor crashes in the county areas too.

And you have troopers always wanting to play in town on surface roads and write "aggressive careless driving" for talking on cell phones or running a stop sign - because they don't know any better.

Or taking someone to jail because they pulled over onto a side road, instead of the main road where they tried to stop them. Common sense is not so common.

With all other factors (like pay) the same, Troopers have goals:
    1. Work as few crashes as possible.
    2. Do only what the trooper wants to do, or what benefits them.
    3. Complain and make up gossip about anything that conflicts with 1 or 2.
    4. Make other people's life miserable.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123