Wtf cars
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wtf cars

Unregistered

Wtf cars

What in the hell is taking so long for units for the police department? Help me understand, we have cars going back to 2007 still on the road, breaking down, catching fire, and all we do is just sit back while a chair ridden fleet guy sends out mass emails for stupid shit and acts like a prick with his blue suv, he isn’t worried about shit, a city fleet manager with a Hemi truck and no movement there, and an administration with great cars who we barely see but shows up on Facebook 24/7 wishing everyone every damn holiday available.

I feel that no one is involved heavily on getting us cars and this is bullshit. The police department is the most important department of any city or county and should be placed first. I don’t wanna hear shit about oh county has this issue or be happy you got something, a police car is a privilege. **** you! If we are needed for calls for service and how high the call volume is?, we should have great equipment. We got detectives using marked now.

Fleet guys, Administration, get off your ass and push harder than you are now. 9 cars doesn’t cut it.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    What in the hell is taking so long for units for the police department? Help me understand, we have cars going back to 2007 still on the road, breaking down, catching fire, and all we do is just sit back while a chair ridden fleet guy sends out mass emails for stupid shit and acts like a prick with his blue suv, he isn’t worried about shit, a city fleet manager with a Hemi truck and no movement there, and an administration with great cars who we barely see but shows up on Facebook 24/7 wishing everyone every damn holiday available.

I feel that no one is involved heavily on getting us cars and this is bullshit. The police department is the most important department of any city or county and should be placed first. I don’t wanna hear shit about oh county has this issue or be happy you got something, a police car is a privilege. **** you! If we are needed for calls for service and how high the call volume is?, we should have great equipment. We got detectives using marked now.

Fleet guys, Administration, get off your ass and push harder than you are now. 9 cars doesn’t cut it.
    Agreed! Screw anyone who says anything about patrol cars being a privilege and blah blah blah. Our admin fails to realize that we have a very high call volume and wear the hell out of these cars on a daily basis. They want us to do the job, we need the necessary tools to get it done. It does not make sense why Fleet would only order 9 news for a department of over 200+ officers, with cars dating back to 2007. I think the first CVPI the department ever bought is still on the road! Wtf?!?

Opa-Locka just recently went through an issue where officers couldn't respond to a shooting immediately and the suspect escaped because cars were in the shop and broken down, so officers had to pair up 3 in a car like the Jamaican Police Force. Thankfully, we don't have the issue they have with all their cars being donations from Doral and Miami PD but this is sad.

The city pushed for a state-of-the department with all the bells and whistles, but it's been a big letdown. Stay safe out there and do the best you can with what you got.

Unregistered
    Where’s our PBA? What aren’t they jumping all over the administration on this issue? Useless bunch of nothings!

Unregistered

the city pushed for a state of the art department

That was the former mayor and former city manager. They pushed for the best, and for a minute...we were the best.

Unregistered

Dear Officer Naive

You have no idea what you are talking about. The City Manager has final say on all vehicle purchases. Should you feel that you can do a better job communicating the need for new vehicles, go to City Hall, take the elevator to the third floor, turn right, flash your badge for the receptionist to open the door and the City Managers office is all the way in the back. If not, don't hide behind the anonymity of a post. Or go eat donuts somewhere else.

Unregistered
    So if you guys get new cars is that going to stop the rampant murders going on?

Unregistered
    So if you guys get new cars is that going to stop the rampant murders going on?
    Yes. New cars will improve morale and make it easier to patrol in something new, rather than an 07 Crown Vic that might run the risk of breaking down in a hot zone. City gifts us wth sparkly new cars, we gift it with the utmost protection and service. Building a safer community 1 new car at a time.

Unregistered

Sorry to inform you, but the City of Miami Gardens will never EVER be able to afford new cars. They will forever be paying off employees for work place hostile environment law suites. There is a HR Director that does not do her job, she goes out of her way to piss off and aggravate anyone that brings a complaint to her attention. So what happens, she drives upset employees into the arms of ready and willing attorneys. Not sure why the City Manager allows her to get away with it, but he does. Maybe she has pictures and videos on CB just like they had on AB.

Chris Bezio

You are only partly correct!

The chair ridden fleet guy as you say, and the city fleet guy put together a proposal and a 5 yr vehicle plan for the city for the FY19 budget. This proposal was signed off on by the Chief and the rest of administration. That proposal requested $7.5 million dollars this year to buy over 140 new cars to get rid of the old ones. The city budget granted only $540,000 for new vehicles. That amount of money doesn't buy and outfit many vehicles. We are getting 16 vehicles, that doesn't even make a dent in the vehicle problems. I won't go into specifics about everything that is going on, but you should know the whole story before you come on here and bad mouth people. The city Manager, Mayor, and city Council have the final say on the budget, not the PD.

As you can see Im not afraid to list my name when I write something, maybe you should too.

Chris Bezio

Wtf?!?

Yes. New cars will improve morale and make it easier to patrol in something new, rather than an 07 Crown Vic that might run the risk of breaking down in a hot zone. City gifts us wth sparkly new cars, we gift it with the utmost protection and service. Building a safer community 1 new car at a time.
    So you need the city to "gift you sparkly new cars" to do your job? You took an oath to protect and serve the citizens of Miami Gardens. That oath didn't include the caveat of new equipment. Even if this post was a joke, its a joke in the poorest taste and you should be ashamed of yourself. It's obvious that this career isn't for you. This is one of the most selfish posts that Ive seen, and it's truly sad and just flat out wrong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast