New hire PT test 1.5 mile

Unregistered

New hire PT test 1.5 mile

Does anyone know if walking is permitted during the 1.5 mile run? It does say run/walk on the PT standards sheet but I was just wondering from those who have first hand knowledge.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Does anyone know if walking is permitted during the 1.5 mile run? It does say run/walk on the PT standards sheet but I was just wondering from those who have first hand knowledge.
    They don't care how you do it as long as you complete the course in the required time.

Unregistered
    What do you think? Do you think the sheriff wants to hire someone who walks a mile and a half or jogs it? Good luck with your walk!!!!

Unregistered
    What do you think? Do you think the sheriff wants to hire someone who walks a mile and a half or jogs it? Good luck with your walk!!!!
    Why not? Bob has hired and retained plenty of lard butts who can barely pass the annual PAT.

Unregistered
    Why not? Bob has hired and retained plenty of lard butts who can barely pass the annual PAT.
    What is the purpose of running when you can’t chase the criminals anyway. That’s why we have canine. If you chase after someone on foot and don’t get them, canine is going to be yelling that you ruin their track.

Unregistered
    Tell k9 to be silent it’s your stop

Unregistered
    I would pay $500 for a video of pair shaped Bob running that 1.5 mile test. LOL

Unregistered
    I would pay $500 for a video of pair shaped Bob running that 1.5 mile test. LOL
    Because pear shaped Bob never ran the PAT or the 1.5 mile test. None of the command staff runs the PAT including jailer Lt's. One senior jailer Lt. hasn't run the PAT in many years but a deputy was recently fired because she couldn't pass the PAT. Same with jailer Captain S, she couldn't pass the PAT except if she rolled on the track.

Unregistered
    Because pear shaped Bob never ran the PAT or the 1.5 mile test. None of the command staff runs the PAT including jailer Lt's. One senior jailer Lt. hasn't run the PAT in many years but a deputy was recently fired because she couldn't pass the PAT. Same with jailer Captain S, she couldn't pass the PAT except if she rolled on the track.
    That is so much bullcrap that they fire people for a test they themselves can't pass and refuse to take.

Unregistered
    Before the run you are told that while you *can* walk during the test (and may be able to complete it in time without running), you are still being evaluated as part of the hiring process, and the effort you put forth will be noted. Something is said among the lines of “we don’t need or want deputies who are going to walk to chase a suspect, or walk to help an officer who needs help.”

So, is walking permitted? Yes.

Will you still get hired if you walk instead of run? Maybe?

But really, don’t you want to put forth your best effort for a potential employer? It would suck for you if they were deciding between you and some other guy, and they pick the other guy cause he jogged and your lazy ass strolled. Might not suck for us though, since I’m not sure I want the guy who’s looking for short-cuts during the hiring process to be my back-up.