PCSO How Dumb Are Your Lieutenants? - Page 9
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I didn't promote them or voted for Gualtieri, and only follow their orders because otherwise it would be insubordination, which is a Level 5. Can't allow a pack of idiots destroy my career, pension and finances.
    Plus, they are all related to each other or having sex with each other. New allegations coming with JG. Now, you got a new crop of sons and daughters joining the ranks. In three to five years, they will be your new corporal and sergeants. Nepotism runs wild at PCSO.

Unregistered
    Certain command individuals like DS and GS may be corrupt and two-faced but both have a very good understanding of agency politics and use it to their personal advantage. Bob is a novice with delusional aspiration of grandeur in high public office and DS and GS understand that. They agree with everything Bob says and kiss his butt, even though they may privately dislike him since he is a lawyer not a LEO, in order to protect their double-dipping jobs. Bob runs the agency like a dictator which plays into their hands perfectly. If a decision has to be made they happily push it on Bob, who like the fool he is, decides what to course of action to take. This take the responsibility and liability off their hands, which is what they want. If it ends up being a major scandal publicized in the media, Bob eats it because he made the policy. In conclusion, DS and GS have not worked with the agency so many years because they are dumb, on the contrary because they are savvy and slippery politicians who survived several sheriffs.

Unregistered
    What I don’t understand are the inconsistencies. Bob has done a lot of good for us as far as pay, benefits, equipment and training. He acts like he cares about all of us but then throws people away who have served faithfully for years. So much as not only firing them but having them arrested for something that none of us would arrest Joe Blow for. There are some people who have been forced to resign for a mistake or bad decision and others who get 40 hours off. Some that get 24 hours off for violating the pursuit policy and other who get 40 hours off for basically then same offense. I honestly think he is bipolar. I’ve heard that from many in his command staff. They never know which way things are going to go. No wonder no one want to make a desicion. You don’t know which way he is leaning from day to day. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

Unregistered
    What I don’t understand are the inconsistencies. Bob has done a lot of good for us as far as pay, benefits, equipment and training. He acts like he cares about all of us but then throws people away who have served faithfully for years. So much as not only firing them but having them arrested for something that none of us would arrest Joe Blow for. There are some people who have been forced to resign for a mistake or bad decision and others who get 40 hours off. Some that get 24 hours off for violating the pursuit policy and other who get 40 hours off for basically then same offense. I honestly think he is bipolar. I’ve heard that from many in his command staff. They never know which way things are going to go. No wonder no one want to make a desicion. You don’t know which way he is leaning from day to day. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.
    A friend of mine got a Level 5 for something he did not do (evidenced by video), even though he followed policy. That's how Bob operates.

Unregistered
    I didn't promote them or voted for Gualtieri, and only follow their orders because otherwise it would be insubordination, which is a Level 5. Can't allow a pack of idiots destroy my career, pension and finances.
    So then in reality, you do whatever they tell you for money no matter how wrong it is or how it may ruin someone else's life. Nice career path.

Unregistered

Seriously you would not arrest Joe Blow for a second degree felony? You are either a lazy POS or a lier. Any deputy would have arrested Jow Blow of sending a fake bomb and you know it. Why would Piper not get arrested for committing a second degree felony?

Unregistered
    Seriously you would not arrest Joe Blow for a second degree felony? You are either a lazy POS or a lier. Any deputy would have arrested Jow Blow of sending a fake bomb and you know it. Why would Piper not get arrested for committing a second degree felony?
    That’s a subjective question. But if I saw it was clearly a child’s game (Cut The Wire is a child’s game ages 6 & up) that would make a difference. And when the suspect, who called himself out, said it was purely a joke, no, I wouldn’t arrest them. It’s called conducting an investigation and weighing all the facts, as Car 1 likes to say. So what elements are we missing in this case.

1. No criminal intent. It was sent as a joke.
    2. No ability to explode. It is a child’s game sold openly in the USA.
    3. No appearance of a legitimate destructive device. See#2
    4. No fear by the intended victim. He knew it was a toy.

Based on all of that, only an asshole would arrest anyone for this prank. This arrest was a parting shot to appease the media.

Unregistered
    Well then deputy dog, you better get out there and track down all of those people that ordered that toy from Target or Walmart and sent it for Christmas! LMAO

Unregistered
    That’s a subjective question. But if I saw it was clearly a child’s game (Cut The Wire is a child’s game ages 6 & up) that would make a difference. And when the suspect, who called himself out, said it was purely a joke, no, I wouldn’t arrest them. It’s called conducting an investigation and weighing all the facts, as Car 1 likes to say. So what elements are we missing in this case.

1. No criminal intent. It was sent as a joke.
    2. No ability to explode. It is a child’s game sold openly in the USA.
    3. No appearance of a legitimate destructive device. See#2

Based on all of that, only an asshole would arrest anyone for this prank. This arrest was a parting shot to appease the media.

Well then shouldn't we now arrest the deputy who received it that knew it was a toy or a fake but called in the fake bomb threat, most likely as a payback joke to the sender?

Unregistered
    Don’t be fooled by Bob when he gives you pay raises, new equipment and promoting the new guys. All of these gifts are to show what he has done at the PCSO when he runs for some other political office.

As for throwing deputies to the wolves, well he don’t care. You are expendable and easily replaced. Plus, it makes him look good if he publicly demoralizes you to the press. It also depends what mood he is in.

If you are doing shady stuff here at the agency no matter whatever rank you are then you better knock it off or Bob will have your butt on channel eight news.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast